BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 403 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 303353393399400401402403404405406407413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 10008

Thread: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

  1. #4021
    Lord of the OOMPH!!! Ray G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Firing YOU
    Posts
    175,831

    Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jay View Post
    I went to a 2008 Obama rally in Portland that the media pegged at 60,000. It was fucking crazy. While we funneled downtown towards the waterfront, Secret Service started screaming at me to "GET THE FUCK OFF THE SIDEWALK!!" Moments later, Bill Clinton drove by and waved. It was surreal.
    I doubt we'll ever see something like Obama 2008 again, with that sort of rock-star craziness.

    And I mean even for Obama 2012. For good or bad, he's a politician now.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

    Spoiler:


    Buy The Gathering!

    www.grayhavencomics.com

  2. #4022
    Hard Boiled bachman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,591

    Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

    Afghanistan: Deadliest Day of Koran Violence

    An apology by Barack Obama over the accidental burning of Korans in an American airbase failed to prevent a fourth day of violent protest in Afghanistan with at least nine killed.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-violence.html



    Savage fucks

  3. #4023
    Lord of the OOMPH!!! Ray G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Firing YOU
    Posts
    175,831

    Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bachman View Post
    Afghanistan: Deadliest Day of Koran Violence

    An apology by Barack Obama over the accidental burning of Korans in an American airbase failed to prevent a fourth day of violent protest in Afghanistan with at least nine killed.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-violence.html



    Savage fucks
    Like I said, people who kill over a book being damaged aren't going to be placated by an apology from the President of Great Satan.

    I think Obama made the right call just to make it easier to work with the non-lunatics.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

    Spoiler:


    Buy The Gathering!

    www.grayhavencomics.com

  4. #4024
    Hard Boiled Dreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Troy NY.
    Posts
    13,807

    Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bachman View Post
    Afghanistan: Deadliest Day of Koran Violence

    An apology by Barack Obama over the accidental burning of Korans in an American airbase failed to prevent a fourth day of violent protest in Afghanistan with at least nine killed.

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-violence.html



    Savage fucks
    The article says 6 protestors were killed and 65 wounded. I think most of the casualties, if not all of them, were among the "savage fucks." But whatever. Shots fired, there's only so much the police can do.

  5. #4025
    GODFATHER Ryan Elliott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    -4.62, -6.15
    Posts
    50,324

    Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
    Bill Maher gives pro-Obama super PAC $1 million. Is that a good career move?

    Maher has made it well known that he isn't Obama's biggest fan. Still, perhaps he simply views him as the only 'sane' choice.
    He IS the only sane choice.

  6. #4026
    Made russw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    GitmoNation
    Posts
    6,542

    Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

    .
    Last edited by russw; 02-24-2012 at 12:43 PM. Reason: misread the post

  7. #4027
    Lord of the OOMPH!!! Ray G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Firing YOU
    Posts
    175,831

    Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
    Bill Maher gives pro-Obama super PAC $1 million. Is that a good career move?

    Maher has made it well known that he isn't Obama's biggest fan. Still, perhaps he simply views him as the only 'sane' choice.
    Stupid move on Maher's part if he wants to help Obama. $1 million comes fairly cheap to the Obama campaign, but you know Obama will now be dogged by questions about his "ties" to Maher, who's an honest-to-God extremist.

    I doubt it'll be a real factor either way, though.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

    Spoiler:


    Buy The Gathering!

    www.grayhavencomics.com

  8. #4028
    GODFATHER Matt Jay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    27,835

    Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    Like I said, people who kill over a book being damaged aren't going to be placated by an apology from the President of Great Satan.

    I think Obama made the right call just to make it easier to work with the non-lunatics.
    All friendly rhetoric is directed towards the general populations that the guerrillas live within. You cannot erode passive support for their cause without this rhetoric. Obama is not talking to the terrorists, he's killing them.

  9. #4029
    Lord of the OOMPH!!! Ray G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Firing YOU
    Posts
    175,831

    Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Jay View Post
    All friendly rhetoric is directed towards the general populations that the guerrillas live within. You cannot erode passive support for their cause without this rhetoric. Obama is not talking to the terrorists, he's killing them.
    There's a difference between Al Qaeda and Taliban sympathizers on the ground.

    I'm guessing the rioters are more of the latter, and our troops are probably in more danger from them in Afghanistan than from Al Qaeda.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

    Spoiler:


    Buy The Gathering!

    www.grayhavencomics.com

  10. #4030
    BenBo In Crowd Kedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oakland California
    Posts
    57,772

    Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    Stupid move on Maher's part if he wants to help Obama. $1 million comes fairly cheap to the Obama campaign, but you know Obama will now be dogged by questions about his "ties" to Maher, who's an honest-to-God extremist.

    I doubt it'll be a real factor either way, though.
    I find that part funny.


    Maher is such a jackass.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Wow - I always love how the dialogue on this board descends into someone calling someone else a racist because the high minded liberals dont like to discuss things.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    You are too smart for me Kedd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •