BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 893 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 393793843883889890891892893894895896897903943993 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,930 of 10008

Thread: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

Re: The Official Bendis Board 2012 Presidential Campaign Thread

Romney camp seems to think Office of President consists of one man only, cannot do more than one thing at a time.

Mitt Romney Camp: While Economy Slowed, Obama 'Spent The Week Slow-Jamming The News'
    Super PACs and presidential campaigns are legally prohibited from coordinating with one another. But it's not hard to echo and amplify one another's message in the frantic pace of presidential elections. And on Friday morning, Mitt Romney's campaign released a memo that played off of the attack line offered the day before by American Crossroads, accusing President Barack Obama of being a popularity-obsessed, absentee president.

This past week previewed the stark contrast facing voters in this election. Governor Romney’s speech Tuesday night in New Hampshire contained a crisp and specific critique of President Obama’s policy failures and his own positive vision for a better America. The speech left the Obama campaign sputtering – with even David Axelrod offering praise. In fifteen minutes, Governor Romney dismantled the myths of “hope and change” with the reality of a failed record that even the President and his campaign are struggling to defend.

President Obama’s stagnant, government-centered economy has depressed growth and the American spirit of natural optimism. At a time when a campaign just emerging from a long primary should be struggling, Governor Romney has rapidly unified support and begun to capture the imagination of the country with his vision of a pro-growth economy that will lift us out of the Obama doldrums. It was a big speech to mark a big win that begins a big debate about big things.

President Obama, on the other hand, spent the week slow-jamming the news, striking a Heisman pose, and trying to pick a fight over student loans to help the one-in-two recent college graduates who are either jobless or underemployed as a result of his policies (which is apparently really funny stuff to the President). Unfortunately for him, Republicans agree with the need for a temporary extension, but want it paid for by cutting spending rather than raising taxes. So instead of the fight he was hoping for, he got a debate over taxes and spending – which he wasn’t hoping for.

(emphasis ours)

This attack line was used by the McCain campaign in 2008, to limited success. But Romney's argument is a bit less theoretical. He isn't asking voters whether they want a celebrity or a president, but rather whether they want a celebrity to continue as president.
    People think I have got the power cause I've got the monkeys. Nope. I've got the power because I'll let the monkeys loose...

GIFSoup

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Foolish Mortal's Avatar

Donald Trump: GOP’s Obama ad ‘worst’ ever

Donald Trump on Friday savaged a Republican super PAC ad against “celebrity president” Barack Obama, calling it “one of the worst commercials” he’s ever seen.

“I thought it was one of the worst commercials, in terms of what they were trying to do, that I’ve ever seen,” said Trump during an unscheduled call into MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” “They are making Obama look great. They are making him look like that’s the man we want to be president. I looked at that clip very closely, and actually, I couldn’t believe it.”

Trump was speaking about an American Crossroads advertisement that suggested Obama is too cool for the presidency.
    Personally I think it's a silly ad, and it's not going to help the Republicans case against Obama because there are a number of surveys that show that negative ads tend to turn off independent voters.
    Sites that may or may not interest you..

Every now and then, Trump speaks the truth.
    When one side is basing their argument on bullshit and the other side is basing their argument on facts, it is not a violation of objectivity to point out where the bullshit lies.

After a mis-post, I have found the correct place to be

http://thinkprogress.org/special/201...money-parents/

Romney's advice to students: Borrow money from your parents to start a business. Nothing wrong with that, as long as your parents have a few thousand bucks to spare.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Wow - I always love how the dialogue on this board descends into someone calling someone else a racist because the high minded liberals dont like to discuss things.
    You are too smart for me Kedd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Wow - I always love how the dialogue on this board descends into someone calling someone else a racist because the high minded liberals dont like to discuss things.
    You are too smart for me Kedd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    After a mis-post, I have found the correct place to be

http://thinkprogress.org/special/201...money-parents/

Romney's advice to students: Borrow money from your parents to start a business. Nothing wrong with that, as long as your parents have a few thousand bucks to spare.
    Yeah, just another in a long line of out of touch comments from a super duper rich dude who has no idea what it is like for most people in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal View Post
    If I worked for Apple and posted on Facebook about how I think Steve Jobs is an asshole, should it be reasonable for me to think I shouldn't be disciplined or fired for doing that?
    I think employers should be able to fire an employee for whatever the fuck they wanna fire them for, as long as it obeys any written contract/agreement, then fire away. I may disagree with that employer's reasoning, but ultimately it's their company.
    Brian Defferding
    Freelance Illustrator
    Portfolio | Website | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Defferding

I think employers should be able to fire an employee for whatever the fuck they wanna fire them for, as long as it obeys any written contract/agreement, then fire away. I may disagree with that employer's reasoning, but ultimately it's their company.
    What about hiring?
    Quote Originally Posted by BriRedfern View Post
    In my opinion only an asshole could really have and share that opinion in public.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Defferding

Can I fire a guy if I hate the fact he's a Cubs fan? It's not like it says anything on the contract!
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad N.

Yeah, just another in a long line of out of touch comments from a super duper rich dude who has no idea what it is like for most people in this country.
    But hey, at least he wants people to build with their hands and not mooch off of government like Obama would have you do!
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]