Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like some of you guessed it with Huntress (spoilers)

Re: Looks like some of you guessed it with Huntress (spoilers)

Well I am ecstatic that PG is getting a series again, one of the reasons I stuck with Mr. T for as long as I did was because Karen was a supporting character and I had hopes that she'd evolve into the identity. Unfortunately, that didn't happen and I couldn't keep it up (I wanted to love the series, I'm a big fan of the character and the concept seemed like a great adventure, real classic villains out of the heyday of supervillains with plans to feed of intelligence and stuff like that, but the execution just fell apart almost from the beginning).

I've always preferred Bertinelli over Wayne, but part of that is the fact that she's been Bertinelli for the entire time I've been reading comics, so she's "my" Huntress. All my exposure to Wayne has been when I read old trades, throwbacks, etc., never an ongoing, so she's never quite as "real."
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    I think it could also be a negative as if you support bad books, that may mean they stick with it rather than trying again with a good book.
    That's exactly it. The message I want to send is "I support diversity in my comics", but the message they're likely to get is "I'll buy the same old thing in a new package."

I know there's a good Mr Terrific book out there, though. This just wasn't it. I would have really liked it if they got someone like John Ostrander to write the book than cancel it outright, but that's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    Come to think of it... Out of these books, let's take a glance at which ones aren't of Silver Age characters.

Iconic or Silver Age based books.

All-Star Western
    O.M.A.C.
    These are more Bronze Age titles. Both came out in the '70s, and both featured Bronze Age sensibilities. Jonah Hex in Weird Western was a very mature book for DC at that time, and OMAC is post-4th World Kirby, which many people will cite as the cut-off point for the ages (Kirby leaving Marvel).

Banned

Hmm.

I wasn't reading any of the books which were cancelled. Actually, I had never even bought a #1 of any of them, so I'm not at all bummed about those.

Of the new ones, I'm really excited about:

-- Batman Incorporated. I cannot wait to see how it continues to a conclusion!
    -- World's Finest. I love PG and while I don't know the Helena Wayne version of Huntress too well, she's still Huntress.
    -- The Ravagers. This should be a blast, given how good Superboy and Teen Titans have been.

Of the remaining ones:

-- Earth-2. I'll have to give it a look, since I like the team. But I'm not entirely sold on the idea.
    -- Dial H. I'll give it a shot. It sounds like it could be very interesting.
    -- G.I. Combat. No interest in this at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    I've always preferred Bertinelli over Wayne, but part of that is the fact that she's been Bertinelli for the entire time I've been reading comics, so she's "my" Huntress. All my exposure to Wayne has been when I read old trades, throwbacks, etc., never an ongoing, so she's never quite as "real."
    I think that's true of a lot of people. There's a lot of people I'm seeing (who otherwise support the idea of the new titles) who are pissed at the supposed bait and switch they feel DC pulled, which I admit I have to agree with to an extent. Particularly since the Huntress mini-series was specifically marketed as having ties to the Birds of Prey, which I think immediately lead a lot of people to assume it was Bertinelli.

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    I think that's true of a lot of people. There's a lot of people I'm seeing (who otherwise support the idea of the new titles) who are pissed at the supposed bait and switch they feel DC pulled, which I admit I have to agree with to an extent. Particularly since the Huntress mini-series was specifically marketed as having ties to the Birds of Prey, which I think immediately lead a lot of people to assume it was Bertinelli.
    That and the fact that her passport was shown in issue one using the Helena Bertinelli name.
    Frankly, I don't care if this character is named Helena Wayne; she still won't be the Huntress I remember, nor will she be the Huntress I grew to enjoy over the years.
    Just another pale imitation as DC points and says "See, gave you what you asked for."
    "Able to leap powerful bullets with a speeding bound!"

"Able to do powerful speed while on a single locomotive?"

"Just so you know...
    Y'all are weird."-Larry Dixon

Pretty much don't care about anything either than Incorporated in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    I'll hold my hands up and say I have never read Helena Wayne so I don't know how she would do things but this Huntress is definitely acting like Helena Bertinelli, especially in the way she dealt with the bad guy issue #4 last week. I just get the feeling that DC are simply trying to amalgamate two Huntress' into one.

i'm in the helena wayne school--her background seemed distinct and was really one of the original generational heroes introduced...i'm thrilled she's back if true

i think more interesting will be which characters are in the new justice society...i actually hope it will be a mash up of the original jsa, all star squadron and the freedom fighters (dr mid-nite, dr fate, liberty belle, wildcat, sandman, phantom lady, johnny quick, hourman)
    Cause in my empire, life is sweet,
    just ask any bum you meet.
    Life may be a one way street,
    but it don't worry me

All this worry about who Huntress is... IF she is indeed Helena Wayne again, then she's back to her true self. I've never liked the Bertinelli version, it was not true to the character. It's probably why I am enjoying the mini series so much then because it's right.
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous