Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Looks like some of you guessed it with Huntress (spoilers)

Re: Looks like some of you guessed it with Huntress (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysame View Post
    That's what we need...more Batman. Sheesh.
    Given that it's the only place I'm guaranteed to get more of a lovely underused minority character by the name of Cass Cain? YESSSSSS.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    Given that it's the only place I'm guaranteed to get more of a lovely underused minority character by the name of Cass Cain? YESSSSSS.
    Who?
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

I pay no attention to sales figures, but I was kind of surprised Hawkman wasn't on that list. I've heard no one talking about that title. I read the first issue and didn't get into it, despite being a Hawk fan.

Guaranteed? I hope you're right but I wouldn't count on it. Do you have a link that show's Cass is featured or will appear? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    I'll note that while Nicola Scott is doing JSA, there don't seem to be any new female creators in this new round.

It's too bad the stories weren't better on Terrific and Static. DC is likely to make some conclusion about minority leads, rather than relating it to lacking in the storytelling area. Still, I guess there's the new Ray. And it's nice to see two women headline a new book as well.
    That would be a really unfortunate conclusion for them to draw. I like both characters, but just found each title lacking. And yeah, The Ray has been great so far. I love the cast so far and San Diego actually looks like San Diego. They even got the logo on the bus right!

Guaranteed? I hope you're right but I wouldn't count on it. Do you have a link that show's Cass is featured or will appear? Thanks!
    From back at NY Comic Con:
    Scott Snyder: Cass will appear in Batman Inc. And there are plans for Steph also.
    http://www.newsarama.com/comics/nycc...el-111014.html

I do get the skepticism and concern but given that Cass was in the first iteration of the series pre-reboot, I don't think he'd be making that up.
    Last edited by Thequeerjock; 01-12-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Considering Morrison is the one who reintroduced Cass in her new identity in the first place, it's a pretty firm chance.

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Very excellent to see that Power Girl and Huntress are getting some love. My big thing is that is the JSA going to have legacy heroes or is it going to be the classic JSA? Because TBH I have little to no interest in another "Weren't the 40's great?" story starring a bunch of hetero white people.
    I really hope it's a huge ensemble book that has everything from the end of World War II on as a canvas and plays with the idea of heroes being around as an alternate history. Y'Know, JFK is never killed. Starman assists in the moon landing. You've got a huge tapestry and, as I see it, nothing has to resemble the real world at all and there's so much history to play with without it all being the 40s.

My dream pitch for a JSA Earth-2 book has always hinged on this scene where the JSA is standing before HUAC and Alan Scott tells Joe McCarthy to shove it as Superman, looking on, smirks. The public sides with the heroes, ousts the red hunters, the Soviet Union reforms in fear of the heroes and persists to modern day, Rex Tyler infects himself with HIV and uses his superior Miraclo antibodies to synthesize a cure. A world with heroes since the 40s shouldn't have anything in common with our history. It should be a futurist fantasy world that diverged from ours in 1938. Granted, I'd still work in Jack and Todd and Jennie-Lynn and Al... But I'd do it in a world that you'd never mistake for either the real world or the Earth-0 DCU.

From back at NY Comic Con:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/nycc...el-111014.html

Given that Cass was in the first iteration of the series pre-reboot, I don't think he'd be making that up.
    Well whaddya know. I do wonder where Steph is appearing next though.

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post

Btw, were the books cancelled specifically the six lowest selling ongoings? I hope that doesn't mean I, Vampire is next...
    A commenter at the Beat (Matthew Murray) posted estimates from the bottom part of DC's chart. Here's the list:

Estimates for the bottom ten Nu52 titles (plus newer miniseries with ++). Cancelled titles with **.

I VAMPIRE #4 – 19,44
    BLUE BEETLE #4 – 19,267
    ++PENGUIN PAIN AND PREJUDICE #3 – 19,131
    ++SHADE #3 – 18,922
    VOODOO #4 – 18,633

**HAWK AND DOVE #4 – 18,014
    ++RAY #1 – 17,779
    CAPTAIN ATOM #4 – 17,917
    **OMAC #4 – 16,534
    **MISTER TERRIFIC #4 – 16,167
    **STATIC SHOCK #4 – 15,763
    **BLACKHAWKS #4 – 15,129
    **MEN OF WAR #4 – 14,977
    So Captain Atom dodged a bullet, but it, Blue Beetle, Voodoo and I, Vampire are the non-canceled ongoings selling the lowest at this point. My gut says to expect no more DC52 cancellations until issue 12, when a handful more will be canceled and replaced. This feeling is almost completely irrational, but I'm guessing DC would rather cancel & launch books in waves.