BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 865 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 365765815855861862863864865866867868869875915965 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,650 of 10007

Thread: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Foolish Mortal's Avatar

Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Howlett View Post
    I loved what little I played of it but never played enough of it to count it. By the time I got it I moved to a place with no tv and a lot of my games went missing during subsequent moves.

But remembering what I played, I'll agree
    Everybody talks about there needs to be a remake of FF7. Fuck that. There needs to be a remake of FF6.
    Sites that may or may not interest you..

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    What were you like in college, Marc? Didn't mean to leave you out.
    It's cool.

That's kind of a good question. I think, like everyone, I was kind of finding myself. Like Deej, I was probably at my lightest, weight wise. I had a pretty cool habit of buying a new CD once a month, which I would really love to get back into. I really started getting into politics, and watched the Daily Show pretty frequently (trying to get back into that, too).

I dated a girl for about two and a half years. I was pretty unhappy for a while with it, but, now that things are long over, I can look back fondly at some of the times we had. I never dormed, but she did in Rochester (which is about an hour and a half hike from Buffalo), so I'd drive up there about twice a month and hangout there, which kind of helped to give me that dorm experience without the hurdles. We'd grab garbage plates and watch reruns of Next or Boy Meets World until 3 AM.

After we broke up, I really embraced being single and in college. Threw a lot of parties. People still tell me how much fun they were. Definitely miss those. I worked as a manager at a fast food place. I got miserable there towards the end, but I met some of the greatest people ever while I was there, including a lot of girls, which always helped when it came to parties. Invented a menu item at my work, too. It's still available.

I picked up less comics, but Wednesday was such a glorious day. Always tried to schedule my work and classes so that I was off that day. If I got stuck going, I'd go before classes and read them in my black, sunroofed Pontiac Sunfire before heading in. I wore my comic shirts on occasion, but that was typically in the Summer.

I used to write for the school paper. Mostly rants about whatever I felt like ranting about. Lot of movie reviews, but pretty much whatever I felt like. They offered me a paid editor position at the end of my last semester. Bastards.
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Mortal

Everybody talks about there needs to be a remake of FF7. Fuck that. There needs to be a remake of FF6.
    I agree. Though I still want a remake of FF7 too.

FF6 despite barely playing it, FF7, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake are among my wishlist of games that need a remake to update the graphics.

And to a lesser extent MGS1 for a modern Playstation system. Not that Twin Snakes remake with lame as shit slow-mo fight crap that was added to the cutscenes.

www.grayhavencomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Once again, Howlett is right.
    That's why they call me Simple Slewo.

FF6 despite barely playing it, FF7, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake are among my wishlist of games that need a remake to update the graphics.

And to a lesser extent MGS1 for a modern Playstation system. Not that Twin Snakes remake with lame as shit slow-mo fight crap that was added to the cutscenes.
    I loved Twin Snakes.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deej

I'm not sure if I was really shy...I was just totally clueless on how to read a situation and react to it. I was hanging out with a girl who I was interested in tell me she loved me...and I had pretty much no reaction to that. I wasn't good or really brave enough to express my own feelings (sober). I didn't have the confidence in myself to really think a girl that attractive could be into me. After a few similar situations, my balls finally dropped and I said "F That" and took more risks and ended up reaping the benefits.
    Ok now that. THAT sounds exactly like what I've been feeling lately. I'm terrible at reading body language, or masking my own. And I have issues with going ahead with something, it's always my hesitation and over thinking that does me in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcdachamp

It's cool.

That's kind of a good question. I think, like everyone, I was kind of finding myself. Like Deej, I was probably at my lightest, weight wise. I had a pretty cool habit of buying a new CD once a month, which I would really love to get back into. I really started getting into politics, and watched the Daily Show pretty frequently (trying to get back into that, too).

I dated a girl for about two and a half years. I was pretty unhappy for a while with it, but, now that things are long over, I can look back fondly at some of the times we had. I never dormed, but she did in Rochester (which is about an hour and a half hike from Buffalo), so I'd drive up there about twice a month and hangout there, which kind of helped to give me that dorm experience without the hurdles. We'd grab garbage plates and watch reruns of Next or Boy Meets World until 3 AM.

After we broke up, I really embraced being single and in college. Threw a lot of parties. People still tell me how much fun they were. Definitely miss those. I worked as a manager at a fast food place. I got miserable there towards the end, but I met some of the greatest people ever while I was there, including a lot of girls, which always helped when it came to parties. Invented a menu item at my work, too. It's still available.

I picked up less comics, but Wednesday was such a glorious day. Always tried to schedule my work and classes so that I was off that day. If I got stuck going, I'd go before classes and read them in my black, sunroofed Pontiac Sunfire before heading in. I wore my comic shirts on occasion, but that was typically in the Summer.

I used to write for the school paper. Mostly rants about whatever I felt like ranting about. Lot of movie reviews, but pretty much whatever I felt like. They offered me a paid editor position at the end of my last semester. Bastards.
    Rock on Marc.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

I loved Twin Snakes.
    It looked decent outside of shitty slow-mo for no reason stuff. But on top of that it seemed pretty shitty to me that such a huge PS game got an exclusive updated remake on a fairly crappy Nintendo system.

www.grayhavencomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Once again, Howlett is right.
    That's why they call me Simple Slewo.

I loved Twin Snakes.
    *slap*

It was alright, but the alterations from MGS2 hurt more than helped it. Especially with the Ocelot battle. Also the new boss music sucked. Duel rocked.

TWICE![/QUOTE]

It looked decent outside of shitty slow-mo for no reason stuff. But on top of that it seemed pretty shitty to me that such a huge PS game got an exclusive updated remake on a fairly crappy Nintendo system.
    Hush your mouth!

The Gamecube was a great system!

Hush your mouth!

The Gamecube was a great system!
    Seconded. Silence your blasphemous mouth, Howly!

TWICE![/QUOTE]

The whole series does. Same with Final Fantasy 7 and 8 and Silent Hill 2.
    I love Silent Hill 1, lots of games and heck even films have stolen from that one

I think they are doing some sort of update with MGS

Spoiler:
    DCU Megathread Justice League

Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler: