BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 644 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast
Results 6,431 to 6,440 of 10007

Thread: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

There are no words. None.

‘Who Is Paul McCartney?’ asks Twitter

Toronto Star
    Feb 13, 2012

Twitter is a magnificent window into modern society.

But every so often, when one peers inside too closely, it’s easy to feel gloomy about the prospects of our long-term survival. Consider the tweets of a few young and clueless Grammy Awards viewers who flocked to the micro-blogging site on Sunday night to ask the world an urgent question: “Who is Paul McCartney?”

Yes, on a night when Chris Brown channelled Milli Vanilli, host LL Cool J led a mass prayer among the heathens and Lady Gaga accessorized with a sceptre apparently swiped from the set of a Harry Potter movie, some viewers were more preoccupied with the skinny sexagenarian in an ill-fitting tuxedo blazer as he performed a new song, “My Valentine.”

The sight of an ex-Beatle — Who are The Beatles? Why is this geezer bringing me down after Bruno Mars?— crooning a jazz tune with a string section, Diana Krall on piano and Joe Walsh on guitar was enough to baffle some members of a generation steeped in Justin Bieber and wholly deprived of John Lennon.

As compiled by BuzzFeed, their tweets flooded into the ether while McCartney was still on stage. They included intemperate queries such as “Who tf is Paul Mccartney. ldgaf. Who is he hella old too,” “I don’t know who Paul McCartney is” and “im about to sounds naiive as F but who the hell is Paul McCartney??? this song sucks btw.”

As one of the biggest rock stars in history sang on, the tweets veered toward the intersection of confusion and profanity: “Who the f--- is this Paul McCartney dude???”

McCartney’s medley at the show’s end, segueing into a guitar-jam with Bruce Springsteen and Dave Grohl, seemingly did little to dispel confusion. By Monday afternoon, “Who is Paul McCartney” was trending globally on Twitter. It was as if music itself had died. Maybe someone should record a new version of Don McLean’s “American Pie.”
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Boobs do turn frowns upside down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcdachamp View Post
    I'm sorry, I just have no desire to watch Wolverine fuck anyone.
    Buy The Gathering -and other great indie comics via Grayhaven Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    For a second I forgot it was him. But yeah, that's probably my favorite of his.

Like Alcatraz, it's a procedural with genre elements, but I think the cast is excellent. So far they stand out more to me than Alcatraz.
    There's something underlying going on there, too, I'm not sure all is as it seems, either. Plus it's low level arc seems to be getting interesting. Now a show like Lost, an actual week to week continuation of a storyline with twists and turns and no "one and done" of the week plot points, is something we may never see the likes of again on network TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylazycat View Post
    There's something underlying going on there, too, I'm not sure all is as it seems, either. Plus it's low level arc seems to be getting interesting. Now a show like Lost, an actual week to week continuation of a storyline with twists and turns and no "one and done" of the week plot points, is something we may never see the likes of again on network TV.
    Are you watching "The River"? It's only two episodes in, but it's incredibly ambitious so far. It's a horror story set deep in the Amazon, framed around a reality TV show gone wrong.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    Are you watching "The River"? It's only two episodes in, but it's incredibly ambitious so far. It's a horror story set deep in the Amazon, framed around a reality TV show gone wrong.
    Oooh, forgot about that. I saw a commercial for it and the first few seconds of it had me fooled into thinking it was a real nature show. I'll have to check it out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylazycat View Post
    Oooh, forgot about that. I saw a commercial for it and the first few seconds of it had me fooled into thinking it was a real nature show. I'll have to check it out now.
    First two episodes are up on Hulu. I highly recommend you catch up when you can. While Person of Interest and Once Upon a Time are still my favorites of the season based on the long haul, this is catching up fast.

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

GODFATHER John M. Coker (Johnny C.)'s Avatar
    Definitely prefer Abrams' television projects over his films. Super 8, and Cloverfield are the only two of his movies that I'd call REALLY good, and while both are damn good movies, I wouldn't say that either is one of my favorite movies ever. Whereas What About Brian? Alias, Fringe, and Lost are four of my favorite shows ever. And Alcatraz is one of my favorite shows on right now, and I expect it to only get better, also- Person Of Interest seems like something I'll love. Also, he does have a good number of movies that were stinkers, whereas his shows, Undercovers is the only one I'd give that label to.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Dark Sasha's Avatar

I heard from Chaz that The River was dum.

~*~ PRINCESS CHAZMINE ~*~ chazbot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sasha
    I heard from Chaz that The River was dum.
    You heard correct.

"Good thing this stuffed animal from 20 years ago was placed somewhere in the vast jungle where we could conveniently find it to help confirm why we're still out here."

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Dark Sasha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chazbot View Post
    You heard correct.

"Good thing this stuffed animal from 20 years ago was placed somewhere in the vast jungle where we could conveniently find it to help confirm why we're still out here."
    And really people? Ghosts in the jungle. Ghosts aren't as scary as a tiger.

Man, I am really losing my patience with Parenthood. No Zeke, Drew, or Max in the latest episode just sort of accentuated how annoying most of the plots are this season.

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com