BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 52 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 10007

Thread: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

  1. #511
    ~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ chazbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghost Mountain
    Posts
    71,014

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    Depends. There's still 9 DC books below I Vampire, and it's the most critically acclaimed of the 10 (OMAC is probably the next-best in that category). So if anyone gets a reprieve, I Vampire is the most likely.
    Which is why it'd benefit them to have a nice, affordable trade of these "troubled" titles ready to go along with the seventh issue. Try to pull in some readers that have heard the praise and want an access point.

  2. #512
    Shadowline Pimp Marc Lombardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    PA Burbs
    Posts
    21,756

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    Depends. There's still 9 DC books below I Vampire, and it's the most critically acclaimed of the 10 (OMAC is probably the next-best in that category). So if anyone gets a reprieve, I Vampire is the most likely.
    I know a lot of this is fanboy speculation based on stories and articles from rumor-monger websites, but DC thinking of cancelling comics because not everything is in the top 100 is frustrating. I guess it comes from me being a fan of so many books in the 150-300 range (and below) -- books that would KILL to sell 19,000 copies -- that just confounds me.
    Communications at Shadowline Comics // Read GREAT webcomics at ShadowlineOnline.com

    Editor & Assistant Art Director at GrayHaven Comics // Submission Guidelines are here.

    My Blog - THE SUBURBAN GEEK

  3. #513
    Shadowline Pimp Marc Lombardi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    PA Burbs
    Posts
    21,756

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by chazbot View Post
    Which is why it'd benefit them to have a nice, affordable trade of these "troubled" titles ready to go along with the seventh issue. Try to pull in some readers that have heard the praise and want an access point.
    That probably would work for me with Animal Man.
    Communications at Shadowline Comics // Read GREAT webcomics at ShadowlineOnline.com

    Editor & Assistant Art Director at GrayHaven Comics // Submission Guidelines are here.

    My Blog - THE SUBURBAN GEEK

  4. #514
    GODFATHER Drkemerld73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    It's only a peninsula if you look at it from space.
    Posts
    20,282

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by chazbot View Post
    Which is why it'd benefit them to have a nice, affordable trade of these "troubled" titles ready to go along with the seventh issue. Try to pull in some readers that have heard the praise and want an access point.
    It really is a shame that they're spreading the releases of the first collections over such a long period of time.

  5. #515
    SPOILERS INSIDE ©™ Cth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    74,472

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    I mean, Wonder Woman is outselling Avengers.
    I was curious, and did a quick check.. here's how things stack up..

    Wonder Woman (original DCU) relaunched 2006
    #1 - 132,580
    #2 - 84,618
    #3 - 76,998
    #4 - 69,860
    (7k drops)

    Wonder Woman (at time of New 52 reboot)
    #614 - 29,223

    Wonder Woman (New 53) relaunched 2011
    #1 - 76,214
    #2 - 79,060
    #3 - 65,621
    #4 - 57,675

    Furthermore:
    11/2006: Wonder Woman #3 -- 76,998
    11/2007: Wonder Woman #14 -- 53,090
    11/2008: Wonder Woman #26 -- 33,277
    11/2009: Wonder Woman #38 -- 26,265
    -------------------------------------
    06/2011: Wonder Woman #611 -- 30,874 (- 0.4%)
    06/2011: Wonder Woman #612 -- 30,690 (- 0.6%)
    07/2011: Wonder Woman #613 -- 29,720 (- 3.2%)
    08/2011: Wonder Woman #614 -- 29,223 (- 1.7%)

    It's dropping quicker than it did last time, hopefully it stablizes soon.

    As far as Avengers goes, the last 4 issue drops look like:
    61,492
    58,897
    56,620
    57,145

    So it seems to have found it's core audience and stablized around that range.

    And of note, the Avengers relaunch started at 163,867 (in 2010) so it's dropped quite a bit as well. Presumably it'll spike for the movie as well making the chart look like an EKG

    But yeah, if you told people issue 4 of WW would outsell Avengers, no one would have agreed.

  6. #516
    SPOILERS INSIDE ©™ Cth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    74,472

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    And in case anyone was curious how the other female superheroes stacked up, this guy has been keeping track:

    13 WONDER WOMAN #2 $2.99 79,060

    for comparison on other female-centric titles:

    14 BATGIRL #2 $2.99 75,227

    15 BATWOMAN #2 $2.99 74,392

    29 CATWOMAN #2 $2.99 57,216

    33 SUPERGIRL #2 $2.99 55,249

    43 BIRDS OF PREY #2 $2.99 47,840

    64 BUFFY TVS S9 #3 $2.99 36,448

    66 HUNTRESS #1 $2.99 36,099

    80 VOODOO #2 $2.99 31,221

  7. #517
    Lord of the OOMPH!!! Ray G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Firing YOU
    Posts
    177,474

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    And in case anyone was curious how the other female superheroes stacked up, this guy has been keeping track:

    13 WONDER WOMAN #2 $2.99 79,060

    for comparison on other female-centric titles:

    14 BATGIRL #2 $2.99 75,227

    15 BATWOMAN #2 $2.99 74,392

    29 CATWOMAN #2 $2.99 57,216

    33 SUPERGIRL #2 $2.99 55,249

    43 BIRDS OF PREY #2 $2.99 47,840

    64 BUFFY TVS S9 #3 $2.99 36,448

    66 HUNTRESS #1 $2.99 36,099

    80 VOODOO #2 $2.99 31,221
    DC's actually had some real success with turning female heroes into headliners.

    Except Voodoo.

    I think part of Huntress' problem is that it doesn't feel like a DCnU title at all. She seems exactly like her pre-Flashpoint version without any changes.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

    Spoiler:


    Buy The Gathering!

    www.grayhavencomics.com

  8. #518
    Lord of the OOMPH!!! Ray G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Firing YOU
    Posts
    177,474

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    I know a lot of this is fanboy speculation based on stories and articles from rumor-monger websites, but DC thinking of cancelling comics because not everything is in the top 100 is frustrating. I guess it comes from me being a fan of so many books in the 150-300 range (and below) -- books that would KILL to sell 19,000 copies -- that just confounds me.
    I think they know this to some degree. What they're probably looking at are the titles that are just plunging, and don't seem to be finding their level at all. Especially the superhero titles.

    Also, those who had creative team changes might be in trouble.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

    Spoiler:


    Buy The Gathering!

    www.grayhavencomics.com

  9. #519

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Many fans of the series did. And the movies killed at the box office. And one of the best Star Wars comics ever used that exact revelation in it's story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sasha View Post
    Have you seen the internet?


    Also fans love them debating trade agreements that don't make sense!
    I'm catching up with the thread slowly, but it should be noted that the very vocal contingent of online complainers are a real-life minority, especially in this case. I just received audience trackings at work showing that Phantom Menace 3D is tracking with 90% of 25-35 year olds planning on seeing it and 89% of teens wanting to see it. You don't get those types of numbers, ever.

  10. #520
    Lord of the OOMPH!!! Ray G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Firing YOU
    Posts
    177,474

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Blacklist View Post
    I'm catching up with the thread slowly, but it should be noted that the very vocal contingent of online complainers are a real-life minority, especially in this case. I just received audience trackings at work showing that Phantom Menace 3D is tracking with 90% of 25-35 year olds planning on seeing it and 89% of teens wanting to see it. You don't get those types of numbers, ever.
    Take down Avatar, Star Wars!
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

    Spoiler:


    Buy The Gathering!

    www.grayhavencomics.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •