BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 569 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 69469519559565566567568569570571572573579619669 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,690 of 10007

Thread: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

GODFATHER John M. Coker (Johnny C.)'s Avatar

Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

Nothing like waking up to Treat Williams, George Clooney, and Donald Glover sitting outside your doorstep to start your day out right.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    Justice League #1 was the biggest non-Obama comic of the decade. Ordering more of a creator-owned comic seems...unusual to say the least.

Either he's in some sort of indie hub, or he wants to make a point. Maybe both.
    Oh, that's definitely him making a point, and that single decision is an odd one, but I wasn't sure what you meant about his "store being an odd one."

Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Oh, that's definitely him making a point, and that single decision is an odd one, but I wasn't sure what you meant about his "store being an odd one."
    I'd say any store that bases their ordering decisions on comic book politics is a bit odd. Same goes, even more so, for the stores that have said they're going to refuse to order/under-order Before Watchmen. There were a few.

I'd think business/demand would always come first.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

I'd say any store that bases their ordering decisions on comic book politics is a bit odd. Same goes, even more so, for the stores that have said they're going to refuse to order/under-order Before Watchmen. There were a few.

I'd think business/demand would always come first.
    I don't think it's so much basing it on politics, but just wanting the help the book get more exposure and doing what he can to help boost its numbers. I thought what you might have been talking about was his Y and Walking Dead numbers and those being the first things he uses to pull in new readers.

Justice League #1 was the biggest non-Obama comic of the decade. Ordering more of a creator-owned comic seems...unusual to say the least.

Either he's in some sort of indie hub, or he wants to make a point. Maybe both.
    Or, as he mentioned, his store has sold more copies of Y The Last Man than anything not named The Walking Dead. More than Justice League #1...so he's assuming that same fan base would buy Vaughan's new #1. I think it makes a lot of sense from a business perspective and I wish more retailers would have the mentality that just because it doesn't have Marvel or DC's logo on the cover that they can't order 100 copies or more without confidence. It's sad when you walk into a shop on a Wednesday at 9am and see only one copy of an indie title on the shelf. On the other hand, at least they have that one copy as some won't even do THAT much.
    Communications at Shadowline Comics // Read GREAT webcomics at ShadowlineOnline.com

Editor & Assistant Art Director at GrayHaven Comics // Submission Guidelines are here.

My Blog - THE SUBURBAN GEEK

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Or, as he mentioned, his store has sold more copies of Y The Last Man than anything not named The Walking Dead. More than Justice League #1...so he's assuming that same fan base would buy Vaughan's new #1. I think it makes a lot of sense from a business perspective and I wish more retailers would have the mentality that just because it doesn't have Marvel or DC's logo on the cover that they can't order 100 copies or more without confidence. It's sad when you walk into a shop on a Wednesday at 9am and see only one copy of an indie title on the shelf. On the other hand, at least they have that one copy as some won't even do THAT much.
    Well yes, but we are talking trades (Y, and Walking Dead) to single issues (JL), so ordering that many Saga #1s in single issue, is risky, he won't move all of them. But it's a bold statement and a way to do what he can to help boost the numbers.

Well yes, but we are talking trades (Y, and Walking Dead) to single issues (JL), so ordering that many Saga #1s in single issue, is risky, he won't move all of them. But it's a bold statement and a way to do what he can to help boost the numbers.
    I'll bet he'll move them. Even if he sells them at a discount a week or two after release. It's a great way to bring in more business. Just because Justice League #1 was the best selling book of the decade doesn't mean it was HIS best-selling book of the decade.
    Communications at Shadowline Comics // Read GREAT webcomics at ShadowlineOnline.com

Editor & Assistant Art Director at GrayHaven Comics // Submission Guidelines are here.

My Blog - THE SUBURBAN GEEK

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    I partially agree with you on House, but with this season it's become clear they're just treading water. The last few seasons had great character development, but the combination of Cuddy being gone, snd the not-so-new status quo has me not caring. Frankly I'm glad it's ending, it's had 8 years and I'd rather it end now before it gets work. Who knows, maybe Hugh Laurie could be the new Doctor.

Though I do agree even a bad episode of House can be enjoyable.
    I don't think my television could contain the awesome that Laurie as the Doctor would bring

I don't think he'd do it, he's one of the highest paid actors on television now, if he did Who he'd take a major pay hit and I doubt he'd be able to commit more than a season and I think they're looking for actors looking to be on the show for at least 3 series

Spoiler:
    DCU Megathread Justice League

Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler:

Well, the first of the new Grayhaven comic has been sent, so as soon as Mr. Andrew puts it up, you'll get some Grayhaven goodness.

Read Aoi Sayonara; Thursdays at Gray Haven Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    It's a fucking travesty that a retailer has to push people to buying a book written by Brian K. Vaughan and with art by Fiona Staples. A joke, frankly. If fans are so blind by loyalty to the big two that they miss out on a book like this and sales are minimal, it says more about the stupidity of fans than anything else. Seriously, if this book doesn't break the top 40 I'd be stunned.
    I have a loyalty to BKV based off his track record. I'm excited for this.
    Boobs do turn frowns upside down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcdachamp View Post
    I'm sorry, I just have no desire to watch Wolverine fuck anyone.
    Buy The Gathering -and other great indie comics via Grayhaven Comics