BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 50 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 10007

Thread: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

  1. #491
    Watchdog Howlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    100,820

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drkemerld73 View Post
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/21881.html

    Ouch:

    103 14.53 I VAMPIRE #4[*] $2.99 DC 19,441
    That's a shame.


    www.grayhavencomics.com

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Once again, Howlett is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    That's why they call me Simple Slewo.

  2. #492
    ~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ chazbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ghost Mountain
    Posts
    71,063

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    Damn, comic sales as a whole are rapidly crashing down to Earth.

    Still really good for the top books, but beyond that, both DC and Marvel are having a really rough time.
    If the big two keep introducing new titles, buzzing them up, then many people have to cut something from what they're currently getting to hop over to that new one. I've got a feeling the sales for the DCnu #7s will be really telling in what is going to get the ax and what has legs.

  3. #493
    GODFATHER Mylazycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    On the streets
    Posts
    49,778

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    There's still some surprising success stories in there, though.

    Jonah Hex is now outselling Deadpool.
    Good for Hex!
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Boobs do turn frowns upside down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcdachamp View Post
    I'm sorry, I just have no desire to watch Wolverine fuck anyone.
    Buy The Gathering -and other great indie comics via Grayhaven Comics

  4. #494
    SPOILERS INSIDE ©™ Cth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    74,472

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drkemerld73 View Post
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/21881.html

    Ouch:

    103 14.53 I VAMPIRE #4[*] $2.99 DC 19,441
    I hate to say it, but..

    It was inevitable.

    I'm curious how the creative team shakeups affect the titles (if any)

    But yeah, overall sales for the industry continue to dip. Hopefully they can capitalize on all the films out this year to try and nab some people.

  5. #495
    Watchdog Howlett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    100,820

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    There's still some surprising success stories in there, though.

    Jonah Hex is now outselling Deadpool.
    That's good news. All Star Western has been awesome so far.


    www.grayhavencomics.com

    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    Once again, Howlett is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    That's why they call me Simple Slewo.

  6. #496
    GODFATHER Drkemerld73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    It's only a peninsula if you look at it from space.
    Posts
    20,283

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    Yeah, I think some of those low books are in big trouble. Blackhawks, Static Shock, and Men of War are around 15K. Mr. Terrific, OMAC, Hawk and Dove, and Captain Atom aren't much higher.
    I'm a little surprised some of those are that low. Even Resurrection Man is circling the 20k mark.

    I know Robinson has been voicing his concern for The Shade being able to hit it's full 12 issues, and he wasn't kidding with #3 with 18,922. That doesn't bode well.

    Well. Might as well keep on getting some of them and enjoy them while they last.

  7. #497
    Lord of the OOMPH!!! Ray G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Firing YOU
    Posts
    177,518

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    I hate to say it, but..

    It was inevitable.

    I'm curious how the creative team shakeups affect the titles (if any)

    But yeah, overall sales for the industry continue to dip. Hopefully they can capitalize on all the films out this year to try and nab some people.
    Essentially, DC still managed to reshape the playing field, in terms of dominance. There's a lot of books they have in the top tier right now that are beating Marvel books no one could have imagined a while back. I mean, Wonder Woman is outselling Avengers. But what they didn't do is reshape the actual market. Sales are still dropping, and there were always going to be some low performers.

    It's just a shame that one of their most unique books is one of them. Simon Dark 2.0?
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

    Spoiler:


    Buy The Gathering!

    www.grayhavencomics.com

  8. #498
    Lord of the OOMPH!!! Ray G.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Firing YOU
    Posts
    177,518

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Drkemerld73 View Post
    I'm a little surprised some of those are that low. Even Resurrection Man is circling the 20k mark.

    I know Robinson has been voicing his concern for The Shade being able to hit it's full 12 issues, and he wasn't kidding with #3 with 18,922. That doesn't bode well.

    Well. Might as well keep on getting some of them and enjoy them while they last.
    The Ray being so low was really disappointing too.

    I think Shade needed to be one of the new 52. They didn't need to announce it as a 12-issue maxiseries right off the bat, honestly. This is a great title that could have used the push.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

    Spoiler:


    Buy The Gathering!

    www.grayhavencomics.com

  9. #499
    GODFATHER Drkemerld73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    It's only a peninsula if you look at it from space.
    Posts
    20,283

    Re: Ray's 53rd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - Beware the Court of OOMPHwls!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    There's a Batman line wide crossover called "The Night of the Owls". Give you one good guess what it's about.
    It was the night. The night of the cow.




  10. #500
    ~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    106,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G.

    There's still some surprising success stories in there, though.

    Jonah Hex is now outselling Deadpool.
    Well thank heaven for your small miracles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mylazycat

    Owls?
    Pretty much. Sasha's arch-enemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by chazbot

    If the big two keep introducing new titles, buzzing them up, then many people have to cut something from what they're currently getting to hop over to that new one. I've got a feeling the sales for the DCnu #7s will be really telling in what is going to get the ax and what has legs.
    That seems to be where things are heading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkemerld73

    I'm a little surprised some of those are that low. Even Resurrection Man is circling the 20k mark.

    I know Robinson has been voicing his concern for The Shade being able to hit it's full 12 issues, and he wasn't kidding with #3 with 18,922. That doesn't bode well.

    Well. Might as well keep on getting some of them and enjoy them while they last.
    If Resurrection Man and the Shade get the ax I'll be very sad.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

    Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

    TWICE![/QUOTE]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •