Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Wow. . "Work It". . the unfunniest piece of crap I think I've ever seen on TV

Re: Wow. . "Work It". . the unfunniest piece of crap I think I've ever seen on TV

I wonder if the new Rob show is any worse? The previews definitely make it seem just as bad...
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson

Re: Wow. . "Work It". . the unfunniest piece of crap I think I've ever seen on TV

I'd never heard of this show until this thread, and it just looks awful. I mean it just looks bad. Some Like It Hot or Tootsie were at least good, this just looks unfunny and unskilled and full of stereotypes about everybody.

Who greenlit this?
    Life is like a roller coaster. It has its ups and downs, but if you sit back and relax you get a heck of a ride.

I can't wait for it to crash and burn.

and here is another review of the show I enjoyed:http://tv.ign.com/articles/121/1214220p1.html
    "At the end of the day, it's just comic books." - Keith Giffen

Quote Originally Posted by JBK405 View Post
    I'd never heard of this show until this thread, and it just looks awful. I mean it just looks bad. Some Like It Hot or Tootsie were at least good, this just looks unfunny and unskilled and full of stereotypes about everybody.

Who greenlit this?
    The theory I've heard is that they needed to fill a vacant space where another canceled show had been, so they greenlit this out of desperation.

And like you said, at least Some Like It Hot is actually funny (not to mention one of the best last lines in cinema history) this just isn't.

good lord, and tonight, during "the Middle" and "Modern Family" ABC was running ads touting their new "Hit Comedy "Work It""

really??

every review I saw said it was dismal.

and it did poor in the ratings.

but it's a "hit". . with who, exactly?
    "do what bert says" - Flamestar (c/o Ouzo Man)

A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

Quote Originally Posted by KirbyKrackle View Post
    I can't wait for it to crash and burn.

and here is another review of the show I enjoyed:http://tv.ign.com/articles/121/1214220p1.html
    Lee and Angel walk down the hallways, in their new jobs as Pharmaceutical Sales Reps, to Destiny's Child's "Bootylicious." Offensive to: People of Earth, Jesus, Children of Destiny
    Ha, hahahahaha.
    Yeah, glad I somehow missed this.
    Now is it true that someone is dumb enough to actually try and remake Bosom Buddies?
    "Able to leap powerful bullets with a speeding bound!"

"Able to do powerful speed while on a single locomotive?"

"Just so you know...
    Y'all are weird."-Larry Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by AthenAltena View Post
    The theory I've heard is that they needed to fill a vacant space where another canceled show had been, so they greenlit this out of desperation.

And like you said, at least Some Like It Hot is actually funny (not to mention one of the best last lines in cinema history) this just isn't.
    I seem to recall they originally planned a schedule full of shows that were basically all "Last Man Standing." It was all "Men in a woman's world."

It's bull is what it is.

I don't understand how NBC is so far down in the ratings wars. They have all of the best sitcoms aside from "How I Met Your Mother" and "Modern Family."

ABC has probably only had about 5 great sitcoms in its history and that's counting them airing "Get Smart, Again" in '89.

Quote Originally Posted by bert View Post
    but it's a "hit". . with who, exactly?
    The only way I can see this is as being a hit in any sense of the word is that it causes anyone with half a brain to hit the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    I seem to recall they originally planned a schedule full of shows that were basically all "Last Man Standing." It was all "Men in a woman's world."

It's bull is what it is.
    Yeah, this whole trend of BUT WHAT ABOUT THE POOR MEN needs to stop. It's nothing more than some men being threatened by the fact that women are growing more powerful while ignoring that men still hold most of the power and make most of the decisions.

Another article I read about this piece of crap sitcom is that it ignores the wage disparity that still exists between men and women, in 2012, so the very idea falls flat when you think about it for more than a second.

And I don't even LIKE "Modern Family." But I recognize it as a quality production.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Gerard View Post
    And I don't even LIKE "Modern Family." But I recognize it as a quality production.
    That show's not my cup of tea either, but I recognize that it has talented people behind it and is of good quality even if it's not my taste. But this? Objectively bad on every level.