BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 973 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 473873923963969970971972973974975976977983 ... LastLast
Results 9,721 to 9,730 of 10001

Thread: Suicide is Plooky, it TIPs on many RK's and I would remember Blandy if I could

Re: Suicide is Plooky, it TIPs on many RK's and I would remember Blandy if I could

Quote Originally Posted by Your pal, Jim View Post
    Pinterest: The lastest way ladies are ruining the Internet.
    I really don't have any idea what Pinterest is but I've seen more and more updates of it plooping up on my News Feed from--yep--Chicks.

Is it an Internet Cork(y)Board where they can 'laud' their Earthshattering Interests (Ooooo) like...scrapbooking and enjoying the smell of tulip remains after Angry Drunk Husband runs them over with the the lawnmower?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy-Klone View Post
    First draft of TIP's eulogy:
    "And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

Re: Suicide is Plooky, it TIPs on many RK's and I would remember Blandy if I could

Nice! I assume there was a picture with the article!

Maybe we should thread-watch the show this Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by Cactusakic View Post
    Levy is hot and all, don't get me wrong, but that show is fucking awful.

And what annoys me is that so many of it's stars are better than that.

Cheryl Hines.
    Alan Tudyk.
    Even Jeremy Sisto (sorry, Jim).

How the hell can you be part of Firefly or Curb or Six Feet Under (hell, even Entourage in the case of Rex Lee or the chunky, lesbian daughter from Weeds) and then be a part of such LCD garbage like this?

Ugh.

A paycheck is a paycheck, but this show just tarnishes everyone involved, to my mind.
    Also, what the hell kinda Pym-Particle Bra are they putting Cheryl in? Because she didn't have THOSE in Curb.
    Alan Tudyk is what brought up the show & Levy in the first place!

I assume the show will be cancelled soon and hopefully everyone will move on to better things. At least it gave us Levy!

As for Cheryl, I can't tell if she just looks like shit now, or if she's shitty'ed up for her character?

Quote Originally Posted by TIP View Post
    I really don't have any idea what Pinterest is but I've seen more and more updates of it plooping up on my News Feed from--yep--Chicks.

Is it an Internet Cork(y)Board where they can 'laud' their Earthshattering Interests (Ooooo) like...scrapbooking and enjoying the smell of tulip remains after Angry Drunk Husband runs them over with the the lawnmower?
    I'm not sure either, but all the wrong people are constantly on about it. I heard it described on the news today as "a way to share pictures and recipies on the internet"! FINALLY!

My current "To Watch" piles (heh) are:
    Harry Brown
    Real Steel
    Punisher War Zone
    Moneyball
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    Attack the Block
    Tintin
    Raging Bull
    MI: Ghost Protocol
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
    Hud
    Cinema Paradiso

Quote Originally Posted by IRRMTTS View Post
    Harry Brown
    Real Steel
    Punisher War Zone
    Moneyball
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    Attack the Block
    Tintin
    Raging Bull
    MI: Ghost Protocol
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
    Hud
    Cinema Paradiso
    For a moment I thought you were talking about comics...

The Dark Tower's are the only King books I don't enjoy.

I read the first three and just couldn't get on with them, so I've skipped the rest.

To the best of my knowledge, I've read everything else he has published though (save for his latest, which I got for Xmas but have yet to crack) and I like more than I don't, though I don't think there can be any question that the early stuff is significantly better.
    Good call. I enjoyed the hell out of them, but if you didn't like those three, it's only going to get worse for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    For a moment I thought you were talking about comics...
    I'd be all over a Hud comic.

Harry Brown - A better Punisher movie than any Punisher movie to-date. Opening is pretty great.
    Real Steel - Surprisingly entertaining robot Rocky.
    Punisher War Zone - Awful. Pullo is better than this, as is McNulty.
    Moneyball - One of last year's best. Pitt has never been as Redford-like.
    Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Another that was surprisingly entertaining.
    Attack the Block - Ok, but ultimately disappointing. I can't see myself ever watching it again.
    Tintin - Not interested.
    Raging Bull -
    MI: Ghost Protocol - Haven't seen it, really looking forward to it.
    Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy - Haven't seen it, REALLY REALLY looking forward to it.
    Hud -
    Cinema Paradiso - Not interested.

"And so we commit this hairy man to the ground. Like his beloved Cerebus, TIP passed from this mortal coil two issues sooner than we'd have preferred. We were never promised those final two issues. Life, like Sim, can be utterly indecipherable."

Quote Originally Posted by Your pal, Jim View Post
    I'm not sure either, but all the wrong people are constantly on about it. I heard it described on the news today as "a way to share pictures and recipies on the internet"! FINALLY!
    We are truly living in an age of wonders!

WAVE OF THE FUTURE!

Harry Brown is pretty OK. Not as great as it should be in the end, but pretty freakin' good.