BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 131 of 486 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 4854

Thread: NBA 2011-2012: Where Games Actually Will Happen.

Ginger McFailballs, Private Eye Magnum V.I.'s Avatar
    Apparently the nuggets just traded NeNe to the Wizards in a 3 team deal.
    The of the KTT Illuminati.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    My blurb: "No one knows how difficult it is to be a black man seeking justice in a white man's world. No one but Magnum V.I. that is."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

~*~ PRINCESS CHAZMINE ~*~ chazbot's Avatar

Re: NBA 2011-2012: Where Games Actually Will Happen.

Portland coach Nate McMillan has been fired also.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum V.I. View Post
    Apparently the nuggets just traded NeNe to the Wizards in a 3 team deal.
    That is crazy. I get that is a lot of money they signed Nene for, but I don't think McGee is really enough back for him.

Ginger McFailballs, Private Eye Magnum V.I.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chazbot
    Portland coach Nate McMillan has been fired also.

That is crazy. I get that is a lot of money they signed Nene for, but I don't think McGee is really enough back for him.
    Yeah but nene can't stay healthy. So not sure what the deal is there.
    The of the KTT Illuminati.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    My blurb: "No one knows how difficult it is to be a black man seeking justice in a white man's world. No one but Magnum V.I. that is."

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by dougmac View Post
    Sessions is a really good pick up for the Lakers. Not the blockbuster they were looking for, but a solid fit for what they need
    Sessions was a great pick up. Fisher is aging and he has not been looking good for last year or so.

Speaking of staying healthy. Portland finally waived Oden. They shouldn't have signed him to an extension in the first place.

They hate him. Washington is such a terrible run team right now.

Good pick up by the Lakers with Sessions. You can guarantee a few bonehead plays per game, but he's willing to facilitate to the better players and if he sees an opening slash to the basket. He was a good energy boost off the bench for the Cavs, and now a definite upgrade for the Lakers. I doubt the Cavs were going to be able to keep him for next season because he'd want a pay bump and starter minutes, so getting something decent out of him helped benefit both teams.
    -JJ!

Kedd's Dummy Account capntightpants's Avatar

An incredible behind the back pass from Gallinari.

Quote Originally Posted by capntightpants View Post
    an incredible behind the back pass from gallinari.
    awesome!

Two things.

1:
    Chris Mullin is getting his jersey number retired tonight. I regret not getting tickets to this game. I haven't gone to a Warriors game since Mullin was still playing with the team. He was my absolute favorite player growing up as a kid. More so than Jordan, Magic, Bird, Stockton or The Admiral who were all pretty high on my list.

2:
    I hate, HATE, these Latino heritage jerseys. They're insulting. First, it's clearly only being done to make money off alternate jersey sales. Two, they don't even bother to change the words into Spanish, they just add 'Los' or 'El' to the team name. Putting the word "The" in Spanish on the front doesn't honor Latino heritage. Especially when the word "The" isn't present on the front in English on ANY NBA team's jersey. Los Bulls isn't Spanish. It's Spanglish. Does the NBA really have no one in their marketing department that knows what the Spanish word for Bulls is? Los Toros was too difficult? Or El Calor instead of El Heat?

In principle, the idea of Latino heritage is great. The San Francisco Giants do it. It makes sense given their deep Latin tradition of players like Juan Marichal, Orlando Cepeda, about 25 different Alou brothers and continuing today with guys like Pablo Sandoval. But they did it right. There's no 'The' on their English jerseys and there's no 'los' on their Spanish ones. It simply says 'Gigantes' which is in fact the Spanish word for Giants. If the NBA had done this right I'd be totally behind it and the first in line to buy a Golden State Guerreros hoodie, or to take it even further; an El Estado de Oro Guerreros hoodie. Or one with their current logo that would say La Ciudad.
    Official blog of the 2008 Baseball Deathtour~!
    The most decorated Fake Bendis Awards winner in Bendis Board History
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dye
    damn Carl, you're awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Your Pal, Carl
    Two things.

1:
    Chris Mullin is getting his jersey number retired tonight. I regret not getting tickets to this game. I haven't gone to a Warriors game since Mullin was still playing with the team. He was my absolute favorite player growing up as a kid. More so than Jordan, Magic, Bird, Stockton or The Admiral who were all pretty high on my list.

2:
    I hate, HATE, these Latino heritage jerseys. They're insulting. First, it's clearly only being done to make money off alternate jersey sales. Two, they don't even bother to change the words into Spanish, they just add 'Los' or 'El' to the team name. Putting the word "The" in Spanish on the front doesn't honor Latino heritage. Especially when the word "The" isn't present on the front in English on ANY NBA team's jersey. Los Bulls isn't Spanish. It's Spanglish. Does the NBA really have no one in their marketing department that knows what the Spanish word for Bulls is? Los Toros was too difficult? Or El Calor instead of El Heat?

In principle, the idea of Latino heritage is great. The San Francisco Giants do it. It makes sense given their deep Latin tradition of players like Juan Marichal, Orlando Cepeda, about 25 different Alou brothers and continuing today with guys like Pablo Sandoval. But they did it right. There's no 'The' on their English jerseys and there's no 'los' on their Spanish ones. It simply says 'Gigantes' which is in fact the Spanish word for Giants. If the NBA had done this right I'd be totally behind it and the first in line to buy a Golden State Guerreros hoodie, or to take it even further; an El Estado de Oro Guerreros hoodie. Or one with their current logo that would say La Ciudad.
    Yep. Said it last week. It's patronizing bullshit.