BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 4 of 486 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2011-2012: Where Games Actually Will Happen.

Banned

Re: NBA 2011-2012: Where Games Actually Will Happen.

We won't get to see the Mavs rings on Christmas Day:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...-opening-night

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ chazbot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rian Fike
    We won't get to see the Mavs rings on Christmas Day:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...-opening-night
    It's cool how he wants input, and of course Cuban would rather have two parties than one to celebrate. Wouldn't be surprised if ring day is before a game against the Spurs or Lakers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chazbot View Post
    It's cool how he wants input, and of course Cuban would rather have two parties than one to celebrate. Wouldn't be surprised if ring day is before a game against the Spurs or Lakers.
    I am okay with it too, in fact I am amazed at how completely he has reformed his image. I was especially impressed when he said he should be paying more federal taxes as a millionaire.

Looking at your core three, I expect you to at least make the Western Conference Finals again. With no real training camp, teams that have a system and an established core will have a big advantage. Makes things very interesting for Mike Brown and the Lakers. Switching to pick and roll from the triangle offense should be bonkers with Kobe, but they won't have as much practice as they would like.

I hope Tuesday's schedule announcement brings both Mavs and Lakers to Miami. Seems good.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ chazbot's Avatar
    Honestly, as long as Memphis is willing to pony up to pay Gasol and keep Gay, I feel like Memphis and Oklahoma City will be duking it out to go to the Finals in the West. Barring major injuries also. Young legs will take better to the condensed scheduling.

Also need to see the moves Orlando makes before conceding the East as a two horse race between Bulls and Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Urgur the Gurgur View Post
    Go Bulls!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_ZOOM_Turner View Post
    Go Bulls!
    And.... GO BULLS!
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chazbot View Post
    Honestly, as long as Memphis is willing to pony up to pay Gasol and keep Gay, I feel like Memphis and Oklahoma City will be duking it out to go to the Finals in the West. Barring major injuries also. Young legs will take better to the condensed scheduling.

Also need to see the moves Orlando makes before conceding the East as a two horse race between Bulls and Heat.
    It will all come down to the playoffs, as always, even with the short schedule. I see Rose dropping off drastically and Boston being very scary in the East. The Bulls are a one-star team and we saw how that played out last year. Orlando will have too many distractions no matter which way they go with Dwight.

Not sold on Memphis. Last years run will go to their heads and I don't see them handling internal issues well if things get rocky. I know it seems like a reach and I hate to say it, but the Lakers may be big winners in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T Brown View Post
    And.... GO BULLS!
    GO BULLS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rian Fike View Post
    It will all come down to the playoffs, as always, even with the short schedule. I see Rose dropping off drastically and Boston being very scary in the East. The Bulls are a one-star team and we saw how that played out last year.
    REALLY!?! The Bulls almost went to the championship with said star, great coaching and phenominal defense. Saying it was just cause of one persons play is a little funny to me.

And ironic coming from someone that roots on a 2 and a half star team with no bench.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by web_head02 View Post
    REALLY!?! The Bulls almost went to the championship with said star, great coaching and phenominal defense. Saying it was just cause of one persons play is a little funny to me.

And ironic coming from someone that roots on a 2 and a half star team with no bench.
    First off, I will not get involved in any flaming or smack talk in this thread. It was fun while it lasted, but I hope we can just talk basketball here.

The Bulls are an outstanding defensive team with a stellar coach. That almost counts as a second star in my book, but we saw in the Eastern Conference Finals that it was not nearly enough. The Heat pretty much dominated them as soon as they figured out how to stop Rose. In my humble opinion, the Bulls peaked last year and they are due for a drop off. It was a very common opinion that they did not have enough beyond the MVP. I don't see that changing this season, I don't think Rose will get that much better, and Lebron's holding him under 40% shooting when it counted most was not a fluke.

Bosh, on the other hand, will be much more comfortable and motivated. Wade and Lebron are probably better than any other players in the NBA. Udonis is healthy. Norris Cole is such a competitor that he could end up being a taskmaster when they start to slack off. Objectively, the Heat has the potential to live up to all the hype and silence all the critics.