BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 89 of 635 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139189589 ... LastLast

Thread: Back Issue Hunting/Buying/Collecting/Trading Thread

Re: Back Issue Hunting/Buying/Collecting/Trading Thread

Quote Originally Posted by El Gong of Zur-En-Arrh View Post

OK, way late on this, my most recent haul (crappy pix ahoy!):

Some (bot not all) action figures:

Stereotypically, Luke Cage is holding down a shelf of hip-hop records (maybe it should've been funk and soul) …

I had Boba Fett Might Mugg in this spot, but my daughter took a shine to it, and for a while, it was her favorite toy, when she was about 1 year old. Almost two years later, he's still on her bedside table. Anyway, I got Galactus to replace him …

I need to complete my collection of these, but Puck will do, if that's all I get …

And, for shits and giggles, my main record shelves …

Zam! What a spread! That Werewolf By Night cover is amazing, I don't think I've ever paid attention to it before!

I gotta get a few more Masters Of Kung-Fu. I'm thinking that arc that runs through #50 looks good.

I'm really jealous of your Fireside Books - Origins Of Marvel Comics, etc. I gotta get those back, I used to have 'em as a little kid.

And damn, the record shelves look great too. I might need you to go ahead and take pictures of everything you got, man!

Quote Originally Posted by bstie1198 View Post
    Here's the ASM #3 I mentioned last week:

Not the prettiest copy ever, but it's complete, and I got it for a great price. Just AF 15, ASM 1 and some guest appearances to go and my Spider-Man collection is complete!
    Pretty great, man. That's history right there. First appearance of my favorite Spidey villain, too!

Little Lord Fauntleroy bstie1198's Avatar

And how much space does an almost full run of ASM take? Less than 2 1/2 long boxes.

Technically, I should have shown ASM -1 instead of ASM 2, but that's a lot less impressive. I pulled up all the 100 issues, as well as Annual #1 and Annual #38.

I kind of want to catalogue exactly how much space my Spider-Man collection takes up, or how big it actually is. The core series, mini series, one shots and spinoffs are easy enough, but the guest appearances are all over the place...
    ~Jason Boire a.k.a. bstie1198

I clones

I love that #100 cover.

Easily one of my favorites.

Not nearly as impressive as ASM #3 (in fact, not impressive in any way at all), but I just bought Loners #6.

While looking for something else just now, I discovered that I was somehow missing the last issues of Loners and New Avengers: Illuminati.

I know that I read both, so I must have owned them at some point, but I'll be damned if I can find them now.
    All I can think that might have happened to them is either I've lost them in one of my moves (doubtful) or my ex maybe took and destroyed a bunch of random issues from my longboxes when we split (also fairly doubtful. She was pretty pissed, but she was never that kind of petty, nor that devious). Maybe I loaned them out and never got them back? Doesn't seem like me, but who the fuck knows?

Anyway, the long and short of it is that I am now missing these two issues, so I have just had a quick shop around online for both.
    Found Loners for £2, so bought it on the spot.
    Can't find NA: Illuminati #5 except as part of a set at first glance, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Charlie Browniest

Man, Loners and Illuminati are both on a huge stack of books I've been meaning to give away. Goddamn Atlantic/entire latitude of North America.

Heh, no worries, man.
    I appreciate the thought.

However, if any of you should ever stumble across this comic in your LCS or at a con (or if you already own it and are willing to part with it), I will gladly pay you for the price of the book, plus shipping, international postage rates be damned.

It's the last issue of a four issue mini.
    I bought the first three as they were released, but never got around to picking up #4.
    It's damned near impossible to find now for whatever reason and even though it wasn't particularly good, I really would like to own it purely for the sake of completism and teen nostalgia.

So yeah, please, if you should come across it, grab it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Your pal, Jim View Post
    Zam! What a spread! That Werewolf By Night cover is amazing, I don't think I've ever paid attention to it before!

I gotta get a few more Masters Of Kung-Fu. I'm thinking that arc that runs through #50 looks good.

I'm really jealous of your Fireside Books - Origins Of Marvel Comics, etc. I gotta get those back, I used to have 'em as a little kid.

And damn, the record shelves look great too. I might need you to go ahead and take pictures of everything you got, man!
    Yeah, there's been this guy running Bronze Age auctions on eBay, and I picked that WbN up just because of the cover. I have the two Essentials, so the comic itself isn't that high on my need-to-get list. But, yeah, Gil Kane pulls a scary; I pull a few bucks out of my wallet.

I'm working on that Golden Daggers arc (44 is a prologue, 45-50 is the arc and 51 is an epilogue). Master has really been hitting the sweet spot for me recently: The poetic and philosophical musings (even during fights), the often-tragic plot twists, the innovative action sequences and the very-70s feel of the book just make for some great comics. If anyone wants to dip their toes, I recommend Giant-Size No. 2: Killer (really!) story and Gulacy art, plus some Yellow Claw reprints, slightly retconned to make Jimmy Woo a SHIELD agent. Highly recommended.

I never had any Fireside books as a kid, but drooled over the ads. A few years back and a couple of eBay auctions later, I scored Origins, So of, Women, Team-ups and (of course!) Bring on the Bad Guys. I'd love to get them all, but that's strictly long game.

I'll take some more pix. My mother-in-law got me the IKEA record cases. Before, I had the most jury-rigged system of small Target book cases, milk crates (I used to be quite the crate thief in my youth) and bought crates — all combined into a series of islands in my room. This is much better.

Also, I have a habit on Friday nights (sometimes Saturday nights) of drinking beers and taking pictures of comics, toys and records, and posting them on Facebook. If any wants to friend me, PM me. (The impending absence of PMs is already making me sad, but I'll see what I've got and post some weirdness in here.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason California View Post
    Gong is all right.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gong of Zur-En-Arrh View Post
    Yeah, there's been this guy running Bronze Age auctions on eBay, and I picked that WbN up just because of the cover. I have the two Essentials, so the comic itself isn't that high on my need-to-get list. But, yeah, Gil Kane pulls a scary; I pull a few bucks out of my wallet.

Also, I have a habit on Friday nights (sometimes Saturday nights) of drinking beers and taking pictures of comics, toys and records, and posting them on Facebook. If any wants to friend me, PM me. (The impending absence of PMs is already making me sad, but I'll see what I've got and post some weirdness in here.

Thanks!
    on the WbN.

PM sent.