Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Skyrim thread

Grifter

Re: The official Skyrim thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Before Fallout 3 came out many people were bitching that it was going to be Oblivion with guns. I find it hysterical that in many ways Skyrim is Fallout 3 with swords and sorcery.
    And Dragons... lots and lots of Dragons...

This seems to be the place to ask questions....

My eldest son (16) just told me he wants Skyrim for Christmas, X-Box version. He wants to save money and buy version 4. I told him I keep hearing people talk about the new version and didn't he want that?

So, is this new spiffy version worth it?
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post

My eldest son (16) just told me he wants Skyrim for Christmas, X-Box version. He wants to save money and buy version 4. I told him I keep hearing people talk about the new version and didn't he want that?

The current new elder scrolls game is Skyrim, and the elder scrolls 4 oblivion is the version your son is talking about. Oblivion game of the year edition comes with the two expansions, The Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine. This goes for twenty bucks, while Skyrim, the new one goes for sixty. From what I've heard, and seen critically, and fanwise, I hear that skyrim is much better than oblivion. Though, Oblivion is no slouch either.

Also, If you are getting any one of these games for your son, just know that these games swallow time like a chronovore from all-star superman. These games are simply massive. For Example, the second elder scrolls game, Daggerfall had an in-game world that was twice the size of the united kingdom.
    Last edited by KirbyKrackle; 12-05-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    "At the end of the day, it's just comic books." - Keith Giffen

Well, it might keep him busy over Christmas break...
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post

Skyrim is the 5th game in the series. The game is rated M but as long as you don't mind him killing, theiving, people in extremly realistic ways it should be alright. Are you familar with Grand Theft Auto IV? Skyrim is a simular game in a medevial setting wihout the profanity and sex. If you don't mind your kid playing a game like GTAIV then go ahead and get it for him, but if you do have problems google "Skyrim Video Review" as this is a game intended for adults of which your son is ALMOST one.

I'm not a gamer but this game is awesome. I need a system now that can play it....

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    I'm not a gamer but this game is awesome. I need a system now that can play it....
    PC?

I don't get to play til the holidays, but Oblivion was good stuff.
    Zenescope's Wonderland 27 in Previews NOW

Quote Originally Posted by sunbird View Post
    It's out for the 360, which are fairly cheap compared to a good comp. TES games are far better on a computer with full mods, but even a barely-decent computer system will be far too expensive just to play one or two games.
    Current Favorite DC Book: Calendar of Small Events
    Current Favorite Marvel Book: Hawkeye

Quote Originally Posted by Hugin View Post
    It's out for the 360, which are fairly cheap compared to a good comp. TES games are far better on a computer with full mods, but even a barely-decent computer system will be far too expensive just to play one or two games.
    Yeah. I'm in the market for a new laptop, but I had been edging towards a smaller notebook for writing rather than a monster capable of playing games. I'm not sure how capable our telly is of handling a console though.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugin
    Are the mods for Skyrim that much worth it to get it on PC?
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!