BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 270 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 170220260266267268269270271272273274280320370770 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 10001

Thread: Ray's 52nd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - The New Fifty-TwOOMPH!!!

Re: Ray's 52nd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - The New Fifty-TwOOMPH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sasha View Post
    I swear if there is a cat! I'm calling the.....webcomic police.
    The cat's name will be Sasha.

It doesn't go well for it.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Dark Sasha's Avatar

I'm working on Minimal Amazement thank you very MUCH!

RICKY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    The cat's name will be Sasha.

It doesn't go well for it.
    That's stupid because Sasha is a dog's name!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sasha View Post
    I swear if there is a cat! I'm calling the.....webcomic police.
    What seems to be the problem, Ma'am?
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

How's your webcomic doing, Sasha?

Either way, next week there should be a big swerve coming that sets up the main concept of the series.
    Ooooooooooo
    Great reviews, man. I really loved both this and Vol. 6.

Can't wait to see your review of the latter.
    Going to type it up now

Spoiler:
    DCU Megathread Justice League

Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler:

Thanks for the awesome words, Glenn...but my story was autobiographical. In most instances I try not to write something 100% true but this one was the sort of thing that felt like I shouldn't mess with what really happened.
    Communications at Shadowline Comics // Read GREAT webcomics at ShadowlineOnline.com

Editor & Assistant Art Director at GrayHaven Comics // Submission Guidelines are here.

My Blog - THE SUBURBAN GEEK

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post

Gut Check

Spoiler:
    Again a romance story with a bit of a difference. It seems again to be a mixture of love between wanting to do something (in this case boxing) and how two people can support each other when one falls and needs to get back up

The twist is well done and Lee's great art matches the tone of the story perfectly
    First let me say, I never knew this thread existed! What the hell?

Secondly, thanks for the kind words about Gut Check! It was a fun story to write and Lee Giles really brought it to life. I can't wait to get a copy myself.

With that said, have issues 3 and 4 been sent to donors yet? I'm still waiting on those but now I see people have 4 and 5 and I'm jealous

The Gathering Vol. 6!

Another fantastic cover by new (semi) regular cover artist Amanda! It's a distinctly creepy image that also kind of gives us a kind of 'abyss' on the cover on the form of the drain. I'm not sure if that was on purpose or not but its really clever either way

Inflated Evil

Spoiler:
    I'm starting to think Gary has Blake locked in his basement like Ray has Kent locked in his

I can't argue with result though and the team put together another tale that is very different from their previous works together and manage to deliver a very creepy yet real story. this is kind of what it would be like if the Manson family got let out on day release and it's done very well.

I'm also assuming it's the balloons talking to the maniac's, if so that's quite funny and quirky so once again well done. A very definite tone setter

Zipper club part 5

Spoiler:
    In this installment we get a direct follow on from the last horror story and the pay off of the legend of the pirate mentioned in that volume. Again the story does a good job of not only rewarding long time readers but also managing to serve well in it's own right. I do love the sense of 'Summer camp' style adventure in this one and it kind of reminds me in tone of Nancy Drew/the Hardy Boys and similar stories. Another good story by the team.

The Mistress

Spoiler:
    Nudity!

This one really knocks it out of the park as once again a comic pro comes in and delivers a great short story that is effective and to the point. This is the first time I've read Sterling's work and the story reads very well and the twist at the end is well delivered

Cassandra's art on this one is just jaw dropping. I am amazed she hasn't got an offer to take her away from us and I can't wait to work with her next year. Once again I think she's one of the artists we are very, very lucky to have and I can't imagine this story being drawn any better

Perdition

Spoiler:
    Not sure if I was the only one but there's a slight misprint in this one where the third page of the story is also printed before the story begins. It's a minor thing though that doesn't take away from it.

The story which is a sequel to Vol. 1 sees the little devil again dream of freedom as he's helped by 'Liz' who is a ghostly head in a jar. We get then an amusing tour through hell as the demon escapes only to discover he has been mislead and caused the apocalypse

Oops

A great follow up to the previous story that is really funny and I think works brilliantly. Hopefully stories like this encourages more sequels from the Gathering

The Knocker

Spoiler:
    This one is really creepy. It's like one of those horrible urban legends you'd hear about and then make you jump out of your chair the next time knocks on your door. A really simple yet effective story that once again uses the 2 pages it's been given wonderfully

The Station

Spoiler:
    What hack wrote this.....oh wait......awkward

Seriously I'm very happy with how this came out. Many thanks and props to David for knocking this out of the park visually. There were a few 'production issues' on this one and I'm actually glad now because David has done the story so beautifully. I still see I liked my dialogue when I wrote this (nearly a year ago I think) but hopefully it doesn't take away from the story. I'm hoping to return to MaX in the future at some point

Ye of Little Faith

Spoiler:
    Doug does another very different horror story that comes with not one twist but two! It's a creepy little story that looks not only into the mind of a killer but the thing in the dark that is going to get him. It's really effectively told and a really strong story, but where Doug is concerned that's no big surprise

Arcadio's art is more minimalist in this story but I think it adds to the solitude of the two main characters and is an effective way to tell the story. As usual he's a master of horror and I think it comes across as a strong package

hunting Season

Spoiler:
    They spelled Kent's name wrong!

Seriously it's interesting to see Ray handle a different type of story and still do an effective job with it. If people had pigeon holed him as a Superhero guy this story will soon change their view as he delivers a creepy story in two pages and does so very well. I love the twist on the narrative and the visuals are great.

Nathan is a great artist and he shows here like many Gathering artists he can do a multitude of genres effectively . I think he's one of our hidden gems and I look forward to seeing more of his work in the future.

Tipper Ripper

Spoiler:
    Full review in Vol 4 review but great to see it again

Threnos

Spoiler:
    Like Vol. 4 was the teaser and here's the full story

The story is a creepy events following a really gruesome car accident. It's very well told in it's completion and gives horror a very human and all too familiar face. In this story Arcadio shows that not only is he a good artist but he knows how to tell a great story

The art is really good and Arcadio seems to be bagging a lot of talented artist, I'm hoping to see more of this guy in future volumes

Jack, Unblinking

Spoiler:
    Holy crap this one is creepy as hell

I personally find something really unnerving about inanimate objects. I'm not sure what it is but something about having lifeless glass or plastic eyes stare at you from across the room is really horrible and at times creepy

This story captures that feeling perfectly and does it with very simple yet amazingly effective art. This is very like a Stephen King short story and is one that leaves you with a little bit of a shiver

It's an amazing volume, it really is. I think every story is just brilliant and if you have not bought it do it now. It's so good that I couldn't even pick one favorite so I'm going to cope out and declare it a tie

Spoiler:
    The Mistress by Sterling Gates and Cassandra James along with Jack, Unblinking by Travis Holyfield and Chris Page really use the concept of horror and take it to another level.

Both honestly really stuck with me after I read them and both are good reason to leave the lights on after dark but seriously great job by everyone

Now where's my Vol. 7?!

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    Thanks for the awesome words, Glenn...but my story was autobiographical. In most instances I try not to write something 100% true but this one was the sort of thing that felt like I shouldn't mess with what really happened.
    Ah I thought so

Well done it's a really sweet story
    Quote Originally Posted by Fygar View Post
    First let me say, I never knew this thread existed! What the hell?

Secondly, thanks for the kind words about Gut Check! It was a fun story to write and Lee Giles really brought it to life. I can't wait to get a copy myself.

With that said, have issues 3 and 4 been sent to donors yet? I'm still waiting on those but now I see people have 4 and 5 and I'm jealous
    Not sure man but great job on the story

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler: