BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 269 of 1001 FirstFirst ... 169219259265266267268269270271272273279319369769 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 10001

Thread: Ray's 52nd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - The New Fifty-TwOOMPH!!!

Re: Ray's 52nd DCU/GrayHaven Megathread - The New Fifty-TwOOMPH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray G. View Post
    Gotta get some protection from a possible woodchuck revolution. Hooks says I'm protected when the robot revolution comes, so I'd like to cover my bases.

Also, great work.
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

Okay here goes

First up is Vol. 5 Love Letters!

Firstly I love the cover and the idea of the movie poster credits. I kind of miss the name credits at the back so this is a clever alternative.

Zipper Club 4

Spoiler:
    another installment of Zipper club featuring the kids at a dance and a crush fulfilled. There's plenty of cute moments as usual and the main romance between the main lead and the girl is further developed. It's a cute story with some amusing moments that we've now come to expect from Zipper club and once again I think it's a good story choice to open the volume as it sets the tone for the rest. As usual Brenda's art is great and perfect for the story inside

Good night Jeanne, Wherever you are

Spoiler:
    I love happy accidents and so far in terms of creative teams we've had a few pairings that seem to match each other perfectly. I feel that joining the magnificent teams of Ray and Kent/Doug and Donal are now Gary and Blake

In a charming story set in a high school dance they show various types of teenage romance in a charming and amusing way. They give us the goth couple, the geeky couple and the slightly creepy overly cute couple. I must admit my favorite is the latter and the eventual feelings of creepiness the girl gets out of it. It's really amusing stuff and the little touch at the end with the older couple reminiscing about young love is a great touch

Postcards

Spoiler:
    Postcards is a simple and charming story about how fate can bring two people together. I'm a big believer in fate and stuff that is 'meant to be' so this story spoke volumes to me. It almost reads like a full blown romantic movie but in three pages which is a great achievement.

Better late than never

Spoiler:
    A story of two people separated by the war and how those left behind continue to wait on the return of the people they love. I think the story gets across the uncertainty of the war very well and the feelings of guilt the main character feels about moving on despite hoping that one day her love will return to her. Even years later she still waits for him so it's a nice way to show you can move on while still remembering those first moments of love

The art is simple but effective. It tells the story well and gets across everything you need to know and blends with the dialogue perfectly to tell a simple but effective story

What is romance?

Spoiler:
    A really amusing story that has a unique perspective on the concept of romance and how jaded it can be to someone who is a little sick of it. In the story the main character mentions Carrie Bradshaw and I kind of get this type of tone from the story. It's a unique look at romance and gets across the message very well that sometimes Romance isn't just big gestures but simply spending time together.

I think the art suits the story very well and some of the expressions on the characters faces make for some great amusing moments

Untitled

Spoiler:
    Again a nice simple story that gives the message that romance isn't always about the love between two people. Sometimes romance is between someone and an object of desire like that car you always wanted or in the case of this story, a bone to chew on. I like how in this volume there are so many perspectives on Romance and this story adds its own unique flair.

The art is very good and I hope that James Roberts returns for future volumes

Green Carnations

Spoiler:
    A story of first love and first heartbreak told really well in two pages. A charming story that tells us that even if you lose your first love the feelings and memories you have for them can propel you forward to other relationships.

Amanda of course knocks it out of the park as usual, we're very lucky to have her

Greyhounding

Spoiler:

again we're shown how fate can lead us to our soul mate without even realising it. It's another charming story well told and kind of leaves you with a smile on your face. I would feel this is autobiographical on the behalf on Marc but I saw earlier in the threat that it wasn't but it still comes across as very real which is a very good thing.

Johnny as usual delivers some great art and I think his style is perfectly matched to this type of story which is probably why I enjoy decompression so much. This team blend together well to tell a story of romance and do so very well

Gut Check

Spoiler:
    Again a romance story with a bit of a difference. It seems again to be a mixture of love between wanting to do something (in this case boxing) and how two people can support each other when one falls and needs to get back up

The twist is well done and Lee's great art matches the tone of the story perfectly

I'll be Home soon

Spoiler:
    Like the earlier 'Better late than never' this story shows us the effects of a couple being separated by battle and later death and how their love can last beyond that. The story however is told in a very different but equally effective way and once again has the main female character remembering her lost love while attempting to move on with her life but this time with her son instead of a new companion. I like the letter aspect and feels it adds an extra feeling of tragedy to the whole thing and kind of reminds me of the closing moments of Ultimates 1 and Cap's letter to his girlfriend.

Another great story by the team of Snyder and Sumialaski

Love Hurts

Spoiler:
    It's Mr and Mrs Smith with a James Bond style flair to it. Again it's another unique way to tell a romance story and Doug does a great job of making his story stand out. The interaction between the two agents to me feels very organic and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them (or at least the girl considering her partner ends up with a pesky bullet to the end)

Love the art on this one, very different to anything we've ever seen before on a volume but again suits the story very perfectly , I especially like the panel layout on the last age so kudos to whoever came up with that

Three Weeks

Spoiler:
    First time Ir ead this I was SO confused but then I realised it's told across 2 pages instead of one then another. I don't think it's anything we've seen in the Gathering before so again it's something different. This story deals with that old familiar feeling of rejection and how to move on until perhaps one day getting what you wanted in the first place. The story is told well and once again Arcadio's art is great as he once again delivers a completely different type of tale but does so very well

The trouble with Curtis

Spoiler:
    A tongue in cheek romance story with a twist that I must admit made me laugh. It's clear this is set in the future and takes great advantage of that to tell a romance story with a difference and a humorous conclusion.

This is the type of story Matt is built for, quirky and amusing and he does a great job with it

We've met before

Spoiler:
    Here goes that fate thing again but this time it's two ex's being set up on a blind date together and maybe realising that they should make another go of a relationship they both enjoyed

Another really charming story with some great expressions and a really lovely ending, this story really has the true essence of romance to me

Young Romance

Spoiler:
    While Ray, Doug and Gary stumbled upon artists that fit them like a glove Ignacio went and married himself one!

Another great story from an unexpected perspective that will really speak to those people who had a crush but never acted on it. It's kind of a sadder take on romance but probably a very real one that will seem all too familiar to most of our readers

I cannot express how awesome I think Paula is and her art is wonderful here and I look forward to her work every time I know she's working on a volume

Farewell

Spoiler:
    How appropriated that the volume ends with the ending of a relationship, if this was on purpose then kudos if not then happy days and pretend it was!

It's a story of heartbreak this time and it's done very well and gives us this couple history in a very brief amount of time. The story uses it's 2 pages well and I think is a good way to finish off the volume before....

Toilet troubles and Cupid's folly

Spoiler:
    Two lighthearted stories both illustrated by Johnny to see us out

The first is an apparent reappearance of his characters from Vol. 1 and he tells an amusing (if somewhat uncomfortable) story with it

I'd like to see more of this couple in future Romance stories and their amusing times together in this format

Cupid's folly is written by Nick Aires but has all of Johnny's charm and usual sense of humour in the art. Again it's a nice little one page story that leaves you with a smile as the volume draws to a close

As usual a great job by all but I think my fave of the volume has to be....

Spoiler:
    We;ve Met Before by Pat Loika and Chris Maze. I think ti did a great job capturing the theme of the volume and the art is just lovely, kudos to this team

Coming up later...Horror 2!

Spoiler:
    DCU Megathread Justice League

Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler:

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Dark Sasha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Lombardi View Post
    See what happens when the busiest posters have something else to do? Andrew is on his VisionQuest and Ray was reading comics or having sex. I'm leaning towards reading comics.
    I know!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlyne View Post
    I'm fuming in a corner because you read issue six. :P

Actually I did my write-up for Love Letters yesterday, but my website is not going live until the end of the month, so it's just there hiding for the time being.

I need to work on my nanowrimo stuff, but my kids are on their death beds. My two-year-old has a case of whinitus with a side of explosive diaper. Suffice it to say even I don't want to be in my house right now.
    I'll look forward to that

Hope your kids get better soon
    Well done Ray can't wait to see more

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Okay here goes

Firstly I love the cover and the idea of the movie poster credits. I kind of miss the name credits at the back so this is a clever alternative.

Zipper Club 4

Spoiler:
    another installment of Zipper club featuring the kids at a dance and a crush fulfilled. There's plenty of cute moments as usual and the main romance between the main lead and the girl is further developed. It's a cute story with some amusing moments that we've now come to expect from Zipper club and once again I think it's a good story choice to open the volume as it sets the tone for the rest. As usual Brenda's art is great and perfect for the story inside

Spoiler:
    I love happy accidents and so far in terms of creative teams we've had a few pairings that seem to match each other perfectly. I feel that joining the magnificent teams of Ray and Kent/Doug and Donal are now Gary and Blake

In a charming story set in a high school dance they show various types of teenage romance in a charming and amusing way. They give us the goth couple, the geeky couple and the slightly creepy overly cute couple. I must admit my favorite is the latter and the eventual feelings of creepiness the girl gets out of it. It's really amusing stuff and the little touch at the end with the older couple reminiscing about young love is a great touch

Postcards

Spoiler:
    Postcards is a simple and charming story about how fate can bring two people together. I'm a big believer in fate and stuff that is 'meant to be' so this story spoke volumes to me. It almost reads like a full blown romantic movie but in three pages which is a great achievement.

Better late than never

Spoiler:
    A story of two people separated by the war and how those left behind continue to wait on the return of the people they love. I think the story gets across the uncertainty of the war very well and the feelings of guilt the main character feels about moving on despite hoping that one day her love will return to her. Even years later she still waits for him so it's a nice way to show you can move on while still remembering those first moments of love

The art is simple but effective. It tells the story well and gets across everything you need to know and blends with the dialogue perfectly to tell a simple but effective story

What is romance?

Spoiler:
    A really amusing story that has a unique perspective on the concept of romance and how jaded it can be to someone who is a little sick of it. In the story the main character mentions Carrie Bradshaw and I kind of get this type of tone from the story. It's a unique look at romance and gets across the message very well that sometimes Romance isn't just big gestures but simply spending time together.

I think the art suits the story very well and some of the expressions on the characters faces make for some great amusing moments

Untitled

Spoiler:
    Again a nice simple story that gives the message that romance isn't always about the love between two people. Sometimes romance is between someone and an object of desire like that car you always wanted or in the case of this story, a bone to chew on. I like how in this volume there are so many perspectives on Romance and this story adds its own unique flair.

Green Carnations

Spoiler:
    A story of first love and first heartbreak told really well in two pages. A charming story that tells us that even if you lose your first love the feelings and memories you have for them can propel you forward to other relationships.

Amanda of course knocks it out of the park as usual, we're very lucky to have her

Greyhounding

Spoiler:

again we're shown how fate can lead us to our soul mate without even realising it. It's another charming story well told and kind of leaves you with a smile on your face. I would feel this is autobiographical on the behalf on Marc but I saw earlier in the threat that it wasn't but it still comes across as very real which is a very good thing.

Johnny as usual delivers some great art and I think his style is perfectly matched to this type of story which is probably why I enjoy decompression so much. This team blend together well to tell a story of romance and do so very well

Gut Check

Spoiler:
    Again a romance story with a bit of a difference. It seems again to be a mixture of love between wanting to do something (in this case boxing) and how two people can support each other when one falls and needs to get back up

The twist is well done and Lee's great art matches the tone of the story perfectly

I'll be Home soon

Spoiler:
    Like the earlier 'Better late than never' this story shows us the effects of a couple being separated by battle and later death and how their love can last beyond that. The story however is told in a very different but equally effective way and once again has the main female character remembering her lost love while attempting to move on with her life but this time with her son instead of a new companion. I like the letter aspect and feels it adds an extra feeling of tragedy to the whole thing and kind of reminds me of the closing moments of Ultimates 1 and Cap's letter to his girlfriend.

Love Hurts

Spoiler:
    It's Mr and Mrs Smith with a James Bond style flair to it. Again it's another unique way to tell a romance story and Doug does a great job of making his story stand out. The interaction between the two agents to me feels very organic and I wouldn't mind seeing more of them (or at least the girl considering her partner ends up with a pesky bullet to the end)

Love the art on this one, very different to anything we've ever seen before on a volume but again suits the story very perfectly , I especially like the panel layout on the last age so kudos to whoever came up with that

Three Weeks

Spoiler:
    First time Ir ead this I was SO confused but then I realised it's told across 2 pages instead of one then another. I don't think it's anything we've seen in the Gathering before so again it's something different. This story deals with that old familiar feeling of rejection and how to move on until perhaps one day getting what you wanted in the first place. The story is told well and once again Arcadio's art is great as he once again delivers a completely different type of tale but does so very well

The trouble with Curtis

Spoiler:
    A tongue in cheek romance story with a twist that I must admit made me laugh. It's clear this is set in the future and takes great advantage of that to tell a romance story with a difference and a humorous conclusion.

This is the type of story Matt is built for, quirky and amusing and he does a great job with it

We've met before

Spoiler:
    Here goes that fate thing again but this time it's two ex's being set up on a blind date together and maybe realising that they should make another go of a relationship they both enjoyed

Another really charming story with some great expressions and a really lovely ending, this story really has the true essence of romance to me

Young Romance

Spoiler:
    While Ray, Doug and Gary stumbled upon artists that fit them like a glove Ignacio went and married himself one!

Another great story from an unexpected perspective that will really speak to those people who had a crush but never acted on it. It's kind of a sadder take on romance but probably a very real one that will seem all too familiar to most of our readers

I cannot express how awesome I think Paula is and her art is wonderful here and I look forward to her work every time I know she's working on a volume

Farewell

Spoiler:
    How appropriated that the volume ends with the ending of a relationship, if this was on purpose then kudos if not then happy days and pretend it was!

It's a story of heartbreak this time and it's done very well and gives us this couple history in a very brief amount of time. The story uses it's 2 pages well and I think is a good way to finish off the volume before....

Spoiler:

The first is an apparent reappearance of his characters from Vol. 1 and he tells an amusing (if somewhat uncomfortable) story with it

I'd like to see more of this couple in future Romance stories and their amusing times together in this format

Cupid's folly is written by Nick Aires but has all of Johnny's charm and usual sense of humour in the art. Again it's a nice little one page story that leaves you with a smile as the volume draws to a close

Spoiler:
    We;ve Met Before by Pat Loika and Chris Maze. I think ti did a great job capturing the theme of the volume and the art is just lovely, kudos to this team

Thanks for the kind words Glenn.

That layout was all Brian.
    Spoiler:
    I had originally written the story with 4 panels per page with the gutters acting as the site for the scope. It was going to be a subtle thing. He said, why be subtle. Let's set the panels to look like a scope for the big payoff. We already know what these characters are, so let's just go for it. I love it when artists bring ideas like that to the table.

I'm trying to get Brian to draw another story, but so far he's not biting. He's a graphic designer (or something along those lines) and this was his first sequential work.

(For Kiai and Johnny, Brian works for Heroclix. I'm not sure exactly what he does for them, but I know it's art related somehow.)
    Facebook ID: Doug Hahner

I see right through you RAY! You're doing ALF!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Thanks for the kind words Glenn.

That layout was all Brian.
    Spoiler:
    I had originally written the story with 4 panels per page with the gutters acting as the site for the scope. It was going to be a subtle thing. He said, why be subtle. Let's set the panels to look like a scope for the big payoff. We already know what these characters are, so let's just go for it. I love it when artists bring ideas like that to the table.

I'm trying to get Brian to draw another story, but so far he's not biting. He's a graphic designer (or something along those lines) and this was his first sequential work.

(For Kiai and Johnny, Brian works for Heroclix. I'm not sure exactly what he does for them, but I know it's art related somehow.)
    You both did a great job on this and it's impressive it was his first work

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sasha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sasha View Post
    I see right through you RAY! You're doing ALF!!
    How's your webcomic doing, Sasha?

Either way, next week there should be a big swerve coming that sets up the main concept of the series.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Okay here goes

Zipper Club 4

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Postcards

Spoiler:

Better late than never

Spoiler:

What is romance?

Spoiler:

Untitled

Spoiler:

Green Carnations

Spoiler:

Greyhounding

Spoiler:

Gut Check

Spoiler:

I'll be Home soon

Spoiler:

Love Hurts

Spoiler:

Three Weeks

Spoiler:

The trouble with Curtis

Spoiler:

We've met before

Spoiler:

Young Romance

Spoiler:

Farewell

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Great reviews, man. I really loved both this and Vol. 6.

Can't wait to see your review of the latter.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

How's your webcomic doing, Sasha?

Either way, next week there should be a big swerve coming that sets up the main concept of the series.
    I swear if there is a cat! I'm calling the.....webcomic police.