Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: John Rozum isn't wrting Static Shock anymore

Re: John Rozum isn't wrting Static Shock anymore

Who cares? The comics are still good, that makes it a success. None of that stuff even remotely affects the storytelling nor are any but the first point about the Titans indicative of poor planning in any way.

From the Bleeding Cool report on DC's panel at Megacon:

That led us to a young man that asked about Wally West, to which of course I clapped and seconded. Dan and Eddie gave an answer that is going to keep me at bay with nerd rage for a while longer. He said because there were de-aging Barry, they didnt want him to be the same age as Wally. Plus they didnt want to take away Wally’s kids and family or make him a teenager again, especially with Bart already in that role. Dan also pointed out that someone close to him is a big Donna Troy fan, and Donna was given the same treatment when Wonder Woman was made younger in the relaunch. Their answer was that they are simply focusing on establishing the characters they started out with in this new 52, but not saying those other characters don’t exist or aren’t around in some way. They understand that everyone’s character is someone’s favorite. They just ask us Wally and Donna fans to be a bit more patient with them and those characters will be seen once more.
    I find the part I bolded really encouraging, actually. It demonstrates that they're aware that much of what makes Wally popular is his history and his growth, and they want to leave that intact. They haven't found a way to solve that problem yet (or if they have, they're not saying), but it sounds like whenever Wally returns, it will likely be in a form that most of his fans will appreciate.

As for the difference between the treatment of Batman and Flash, I think it's safe to say that Batman can share the spotlight with so many Robins because he commands a much, much bigger spotlight. If the Flash is seen to be able to support more than one book a month, you can bet DC will look to capitalize on it with spinoffs. And that would be strong financial motivation to reintroduce Wally.

The DCNU "history" is contradictory and a mess. The statements about the Teen Titans history already mentioned above aer good examples. They also seem reduced to word games to make the history work: Superman is the first superhero, but characters like Vigilante and Madame Fatale were around in the Golden Age era still, because they were "mystery men" or somesuch. Which, taking that argument to it's conclusion, means Batman isn't a super hero, as he, too, has no powers, like so many of the other roof top vigilantes (Batgirl, Robins, et al).

Somehow there's a Starman tradition to carry on, even though there was no Golden Age Starman, as seen in the Shade mini. There are several other examples of that. If you like the DCNU, great, more power to you. It's opinion, which will vary person to person. But no, the DCNU history is NOT well planned out or clear and concise. It's a constantly shifting mess, and I do not for a moment believe the alleged "timeline" of events exists.
    My first novel is up Amazon Kindle at http://www.amazon.com/In-My-Brothers...8184334&sr=1-1

And now in paperback, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsmythe View Post
    The DCNU "history" is contradictory and a mess. The statements about the Teen Titans history already mentioned above aer good examples. They also seem reduced to word games to make the history work: Superman is the first superhero, but characters like Vigilante and Madame Fatale were around in the Golden Age era still, because they were "mystery men" or somesuch. Which, taking that argument to it's conclusion, means Batman isn't a super hero, as he, too, has no powers, like so many of the other roof top vigilantes (Batgirl, Robins, et al).

Somehow there's a Starman tradition to carry on, even though there was no Golden Age Starman, as seen in the Shade mini. There are several other examples of that. If you like the DCNU, great, more power to you. It's opinion, which will vary person to person. But no, the DCNU history is NOT well planned out or clear and concise. It's a constantly shifting mess, and I do not for a moment believe the alleged "timeline" of events exists.
    There's actually no indication so far that The Shade takes place on New Earth, is there?
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G.

There's actually no indication so far that The Shade takes place on New Earth, is there?
    You read issue 1 right? Deathstroke was in his new costume. The book does take place on Earth-0, but I think Robinson can juggle his own continuity well enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    You read issue 1 right? Deathstroke was in his new costume. The book does take place on Earth-0, but I think Robinson can juggle his own continuity well enough.
    That's a minor detail. Who knows what Earth 2 looks like right now?

I'd say the fact that it seems to take place in a world with a rich Golden Age history probably outweighs a costume change that could have been a mistake.
    Join the Prime-Punch revolution!
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...ead.php?210786

Spoiler:

Buy The Gathering!

www.grayhavencomics.com

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray G.

That's a minor detail. Who knows what Earth 2 looks like right now?

I'd say the fact that it seems to take place in a world with a rich Golden Age history probably outweighs a costume change that could have been a mistake.
    Robinson said that they changed Deathstroke's costume to match with Earth-0's current continuity. The next couple issues will also feature
    Spoiler:
    Knight and Squire

They've even said in panels it's set in the main DC universe. They'll just cross the bridge of the Starman stuff some other time, which is why they're not really mentioning Jack or Ted Knight.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

As far as I can remember, The Shade hasn't had any references to Starman at all.