KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Media Diary: What Did You Consume Today?

Media Diary: What Did You Consume Today?

Movies, books, comics, TV shows, magazines, music... what are you taking in?

Light day for me:
    • Glass Candy - I watched one video on YouTube at the recommendation of Rich Stevens.
    • We Bought A Zoo trailer

Sad, but true. You?

Re: Media Diary: What Did You Consume Today?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Sue View Post
    Movies, books, comics, TV shows, magazines, music... what are you taking in?

Light day for me:
    • Glass Candy - I watched one video on YouTube at the recommendation of Rich Stevens.
    • We Bought A Zoo trailer

Sad, but true. You?
    I have a sad, sick Fruit Ninja addiction going on today, but when I'm not doing that, I'm listening to my most recent driving playlist (youtubes here). I'm digging "Behold the Hurricane" by the Horrible Crowes and "Save the Hammer for the Man" by Tom Morello and Ben Harper the most on that list today.

Later I'm picking up Demon Knights, Ultimate Spidey, Journey into Mystery, Fear Itself, Pigs, Alpha Flight, and X-Force, as well as Criminal, PunisherMAX, and Herc. I might even get to read a few of them.

I spent the early afternoon consuming the Pearl Jam Twenty oral history book. It's a treasure chest for longtime fans.

I also watched the We Bought A Zoo trailer when I got to work. I'm really not sure what to think about it and the trailer reminded me I still have never watched Elizabethtown.

The post above me reminded me that I left PunisherMAX at the shop and that I need to pick it up on my dinner break.

Was actually in my car a lot today and I've been sold on the Serius radio that came for free for three months. Hooked on WILLIE'S ROADHOUSE (classic country), BACKSPIN (80s 90s rap hiphop), and XMU (modern indie rock).

I am slowly letting the new Dream Theater record grow on me. Enjoyed some Warehouse 13 and am reading Casanova: Gula as I go to bed.

It was a long day of school and work and was not able to consume much. Thursdays are my new comic book day.

Apologies if this ends up being a double-post, stupid network.

- 13 Assassins: Takashi Miike, fairly violent samurai film. Subverts a couple of the usual genre [edit: themes? tropes? other decidedly undergraduate term for 'story-bit'? no idea, but I forgot to write it the first time...] and seems to be at least partly a reply to Seven Samurai (like Unforgiven was a reply to Eastwood's early Westerns). Recommended.

- Tina Fey's Bossypants audiobook: I'm a total sucker for stories of how things were made and am a big 30 Rock fan. Downloaded this yesterday and am about halfway through already. TF narrates, which is good, though some aspects of the production are a little weird (volume levels, lack pauses between chapters).

N
    Last edited by nickellis; 09-15-2011 at 12:36 AM.

•the character of Splitlip from INVINCIBLE IRON MAN will be leaving Svartalfheim with Tony and, after FEAR ITSELF, will come into the emply of Stark Resilient. I realized that if you put a toboggan on his head and cleaned him up some, he'd basically look like Elliot Smith. That got me thinking about Elliot Smith, whose music means quite a lot to me, and that got me listening to him.

• watched the rough cut of LUCK and loved it; watched half a DEADWOOD just for the cadences before I fell asleep last night.

• I have a screener of DRIVE waiting for me but i'm sick with a sinus infection so I think I'm going to wrap up IRON MAN 510 tonight and crash rather than force myself to watch something I'm really hoping to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by nickellis View Post
    - Tina Fey's Bossypants audiobook: I'm a total sucker for stories of how things were made and am a big 30 Rock fan. Downloaded this yesterday and am about halfway through already. TF narrates, which is good, though some aspects of the production are a little weird (volume levels, lack pauses between chapters).
    I bought this and Morrison's Supergods to read on a recent flight and ended up sleeping both ways. Your post reminded me that they're still on my iPad and should be next on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfraction View Post
    •the character of Splitlip from INVINCIBLE IRON MAN will be leaving Svartalfheim with Tony and, after FEAR ITSELF, will come into the emply of Stark Resilient.
    , that's great news. I love the hell out of him.

(the X's will be runes)

BACK ON THE RESILIENT CAR as TONY climbs back in. SPLITLIP leans down, looking at the boss.

SPLITLIP XXXXXXX Well? I await NEWS. Salient XXXXXXX DETAILS.

SPLITLIP Was she SIRED? Did you RUT? You weren't gone LONG, did your XXXX fail or--