KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Thread: the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

Grifter
    As mentioned in the Defenders thread, I mis-read him at first. I kinda identify with the dude a little. I take myself too seriously at times and Strange is a pretty serious fellow. He is also a bit of a story teller which I've been accused of now and then. Love the book even though I am less of a tights and fights comics reader than some.

Another book added to the damned pull. :^)

Re: the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

Quote Originally Posted by nickellis View Post
    Two ideas for bobaswright (and anyone else looking for an artist):

- forums (like this one, but in particular Mark Millar's and Digital Webbing) often have places specifically for matching up artists and writers

- try doing it a different way first. ie: take photos of Lego figures, use royalty free clip art, cut and paste panels from Wally Wood's 22 Comic Panels That Always Work (http://joeljohnson.com/archives/2006..._woods_22.html)

The reason I say the second one is that you're probably going to have to work a lot harder as a writer to convince people to draw for you. No judgement on anyone's ability as a writer, but drawing is hard and takes a long time, and if you're not going to pay the person then it can be a big commitment.

If you can show someone that your writing is amazing, even when it's put together using clip art, then it's going to be an easier sell.

Good luck with it!
    That's very good advice.

Okay, I'm not sure you're even answering questions anymore, and you're probably gonna asked this a million times from now on, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway....

In alternate reality where you worked for DC comics, and they asked you to write one of the Watchmen prequels, would you take the challenge? I personally think you could a pretty awesome Ozymandias story.

Defenders is awesome, Iron-man is still awesome keep up the good work etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kefky View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure you're even answering questions anymore, and you're probably gonna asked this a million times from now on, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway....
    of course. that's why this thread is here.

In alternate reality where you worked for DC comics, and they asked you to write one of the Watchmen prequels, would you take the challenge? I personally think you could a pretty awesome Ozymandias story.
    nope.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfraction View Post
    of course. that's why this thread is here.

I thought it was here so I could say nice things about you. Guess I was wrong.

By the way, I wrote on my blog this:

"Defenders #1 was actually quite a pleasant surprise, a bit reminiscent of Gaiman or Morrison’s earlier works for DC, Matt Fraction creates a very interesting first issue (definitely one of the few promising titles from Marvel in 2011)".

http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/2012/...comics-de.html

thanks. glad you liked it. hope you continue to enjoy it. i'm putting issue 4 to bed this week. Michael Lark, Stefano Gaudiano, and Matt Hollingsworth bring you my best stab at doing a creepy Dr. Strange love story. it's called 'the french drop.'

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mattfraction
    thanks. glad you liked it. hope you continue to enjoy it. i'm putting issue 4 to bed this week. Michael Lark, Stefano Gaudiano, and Matt Hollingsworth bring you my best stab at doing a creepy Dr. Strange love story. it's called 'the french drop.'
    The world needs more Michael Lark work, not that there should be less Terry Dodson stories either.

I love Defenders, it's right in my batch of favorite Marvel books currently. It feels like coming back home, with you writing Danny again. Plus more Namor, Betty, and Doc Strange. The Dodsons' art is the best I've seen from them yet, And the best part is it feels worth every bit of that 3.99.

Keep up the fantastic work Matt.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!

Quote Originally Posted by mattfraction View Post
    Lark & Gaudiano? I absolutely love these guys. I started buying Daredevil a few years ago mainly because of them.

Matt, any chance of Joe Casey's Last Defenders showing up in The Defenders?
    "At the end of the day, it's just comic books." - Keith Giffen

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KirbyKrackle
    Matt, any chance of Joe Casey's Last Defenders showing up in The Defenders?
    Or the Defenders vs Zodiac.
    Quote Originally Posted by John M. Coker (Johnny C.) View Post
    Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE!