KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

Re: the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

Quote Originally Posted by tomgastall View Post
    And here's a question: anything going on with some of your older projects - like BIG HAT, for example - that you'd care to share?
    I'd be very interested to hear about this, as well.

Also, Matt, I gave you a copy of my comic Ever After at NYCC and you graciously said you'd give it a read. I was wondering if you had the chance to do so? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    Last edited by Matt O'Keefe; 12-04-2011 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobawasright View Post
    Thanks for the reading list! I think all of Alan Moore's stuff is great and I'm filling up on it every chance I get.
    I'm now working on my first script and I'm about 1/4 way finished (after working on it for three and a half evenings), and I woud like to have it judged by someone when it is done before I go and publish it myself or hire an artist for it. I've already copyrighted the main ideas and characters, and I'd like to know if there's anybody in particular I should bring this to to have it judged.

Thanks! \K|B/
    Comics Experience is an online class by former Marvel editor Andy Shmidt where you can put scripts up for review by peers and pros alike. I'd highly recommend it if you're looking for feedback, it's helped me a lot as someone whose friends don't really read comics.

Two ideas for bobaswright (and anyone else looking for an artist):

- forums (like this one, but in particular Mark Millar's and Digital Webbing) often have places specifically for matching up artists and writers

- try doing it a different way first. ie: take photos of Lego figures, use royalty free clip art, cut and paste panels from Wally Wood's 22 Comic Panels That Always Work (http://joeljohnson.com/archives/2006..._woods_22.html)

The reason I say the second one is that you're probably going to have to work a lot harder as a writer to convince people to draw for you. No judgement on anyone's ability as a writer, but drawing is hard and takes a long time, and if you're not going to pay the person then it can be a big commitment.

If you can show someone that your writing is amazing, even when it's put together using clip art, then it's going to be an easier sell.

Good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by tomgastall View Post
    And here's a question: anything going on with some of your older projects - like BIG HAT, for example - that you'd care to share?
    dead as dillinger, mostly. big hat lost kieron, lincoln and the baseball book needs someone to pay me and an artist to do the research. not even talking about producing the book, just getting the homework ready to DO the book would be an undertaking.

have a couple-few new original ideas i hope to find room for in the coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt O'Keefe View Post

Also, Matt, I gave you a copy of my comic Ever After at NYCC and you graciously said you'd give it a read. I was wondering if you had the chance to do so? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
    haven't had a chance to go through anything in a while. sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by nickellis View Post
    Two ideas for bobaswright (and anyone else looking for an artist):

- forums (like this one, but in particular Mark Millar's and Digital Webbing) often have places specifically for matching up artists and writers

- try doing it a different way first. ie: take photos of Lego figures, use royalty free clip art, cut and paste panels from Wally Wood's 22 Comic Panels That Always Work (http://joeljohnson.com/archives/2006..._woods_22.html)

The reason I say the second one is that you're probably going to have to work a lot harder as a writer to convince people to draw for you. No judgement on anyone's ability as a writer, but drawing is hard and takes a long time, and if you're not going to pay the person then it can be a big commitment.

If you can show someone that your writing is amazing, even when it's put together using clip art, then it's going to be an easier sell.

Good luck with it!
    Thanks! Hopefully I'll find somebody soon. I've got too many scripts done that I can't do anything with.
    Last edited by bobawasright; 12-05-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: typo

matt, the last iron man issue kicked ass in all ways.

other than his appearance in acts of vengence, i've only read your version of mandarin (he just wasn't around much when i was a kid reading iron man), which i've loved. what mandarin reading would you reccomend to get a feel for that character, or else what appearances by him did you take your inspiration from?

Just a real quick follow up. On Thanksgiving night I caught up on Gula and Avaritia. I loved them. Seriously, Casanova has been added to my pull list. Really dug it, thanks for helping me get over my self imposed ridiculous hurdle.

Also, I'm really excited to pick up Defenders tonight.

Thanks for the great comics.

Grifter

Loved the preview of Defenders. Will pick it up tomorrow. Always been a Doc Strange fan so it will be interesting to see what you do with him.

Is your Doc Strange a bit of a dandy or just a little full of himself? The other possibility is that he's a bit of a magic nerd. I actually know some magic nerds (pals) who've used the word "'tis" in their act. In fact, they still do. It is said very matter of factly, without humor.

Hey Matt, Just wanted to say Defenders was awesome today, can see why it's been coined "Casanova Avengers" .
    I loved the phrases at the bottom of the pages, are those going to be in future issues?

Your work is a constant source of inspiration to me as a writer, thanks so much.
    Check out/follow my twitter https://twitter.com/CurtPires