KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

Oh hey! It's that guy who the Q and A threads would get turned over to, on the WEF, once someone had asked the second Star Wars question!

:]

In addition to the planning session Kelly Sue described, how do you keep track of things you need to get done? GTD? Anything similar?

And then, do you have any tricks for actually doing those things? (And the question I *really* want to ask: how did you get writing done when you had a day job that wasn't writing?)

Thanks man, hanging out for Cass and loving Fear Itself and Iron Man.

N

The Effing President TheTravis!'s Avatar

Re: the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

I think this Fraction guy should meet our Kelly Sue. I bet they'd make awesomely cute babies.
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDIS! View Post
    the travis is a sweety.

• don't have one. didn't care for it.

• don't have one. don't care for them.

• BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS

• Pasta puttanesca.

Quote Originally Posted by Slewo.O View Post
    So Matt what's it been like making the switch from Image to Marvel in full? I mean you have a pretty full plate with Thor, Iron Man, Defenders, Fear Itself and the Fearless with a side of Casanova. Are you going to try some new creator-owned work after Cas ends?

Also for that matter, I just wanted to thank you. You're one of the creators who inspired me by example and work to keep trying for an opportunity to break into the industry. I got my first story published this month and I'm working with Xylon (how does he know everybody) on getting a book done for pitching.

I finally feel like I'm making forward movement on making something out of the skills I have, so as cliche as it is, thanks for everything.
    I don't ever feel like i was "at" image. I was working at a few different places before going full-time at marvel, but really i was working full time in my other career so... so it was terrifying, because i just kinda quit that in a huff with only a book and a half at marvel's starter rate and a mortgage and a baby on the way. So terror.

Yes, more CO work in the very near future. Hoping to get some answers very soon.

And thanks. My regards to Xylon.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Mahoney View Post
    Hello, thanks for stopping by.

As a novelist who'd love to write comics (I'd still write novels alongside the comics - I'm all about the multitasking!), do you have any ambitions to write a novel? If so, what genre would it be in?

Cheers,
    Kaz
    Sure. I'd like to do all kinds of stuff one day. And I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by nickellis View Post
    Oh hey! It's that guy who the Q and A threads would get turned over to, on the WEF, once someone had asked the second Star Wars question!

:]

In addition to the planning session Kelly Sue described, how do you keep track of things you need to get done? GTD? Anything similar?

And then, do you have any tricks for actually doing those things? (And the question I *really* want to ask: how did you get writing done when you had a day job that wasn't writing?)

Thanks man, hanging out for Cass and loving Fear Itself and Iron Man.

N

• Very badly. Mostly in my head; usually with the help of a poorly maintained checklist. I tried GTD for a while but it seemed a superimposed system over my entropic system that i never got the hang of; it felt like more work.

•I got writing done when my day job wasn't writing by grinding it the fuck out. It was my hobby. After I stopped drinking and stopped getting high, I worked. All the time. Constantly. Anywhere or anywhen I could. This sounds facetious and I don't mean it to but: I became a writer when I started writing every day. You know what I mean? It'd embarrass you to know the hours I spent laying around wondering what life would b elike once i was a writer and not actually, y'know, writing.

thanks for the kind words, too. I hope you dig the end of FEAR ITSELF. Oh! And new CASANOVA is a week away, holy cats.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfraction
    I tried GTD for a while but it seemed a superimposed system over my entropic system that i never got the hang of; it felt like more work.
    I know what you mean, and if it is just more work, then it's not worth it. Watched a talk the other day from Merlin Mann (43 Folders guy) where he made the point that you rarely see people who actually get things done, talking about things like GTD.

That said, I'm in love with the *promise* of GTD and the like. Ever upwards, I guess.

It'd embarrass you to know the hours I spent laying around wondering what life would b elike once i was a writer and not actually, y'know, writing.
    Oh no, I reckon I get that, being that it's pretty much what I'm doing right now. I keep hoping there's a silver bullet, but I know there isn't.

Excuse me, might go grind something the fuck out. Wait, that sounded wrong...

thanks for the kind words, too. I hope you dig the end of FEAR ITSELF. Oh! And new CASANOVA is a week away, holy cats.
    Thanks for writing the comics! And holy cats indeed!

N

Quote Originally Posted by mattfraction View Post
    It'd embarrass you to know the hours I spent laying around wondering what life would b elike once i was a writer and not actually, y'know, writing.
    Sounds like what my wife said to wake me up. "You're not a writer because you don't actually write." I was smacked in the face and one year later have an OGN script in the bag. Just need pretty pictures.

Grifter

Inna world where money was no object, coffers full, pantry stocked, college pre-paid, socks darned and time is in embarrassing abundance, what would you want to write? What is your ultimate dream/bucket list writing project?

To Kelly and Matt: Which title(s) are you most looking forward to from the new 52? And you can't say Action Comics...cause you know...Grant Morrison and all.
    MARVEL: Invincible Iron Man

DC: Justice League - Action Comics - Flash - Wonder Woman - Aquaman - Fury of Firestorm - Swamp Thing - Animal Man - Stormwatch - I, Vampire - Justice League Dark

CREATOR-OWNED: Casanova - Morning Glories - Stumptown - Peter Panzerfaust- Rachel Rising - Glory- Saucer Country