KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

Re: the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

Quote Originally Posted by beamish View Post
    I have a few questions about the religion in Thor and would rather ask them off the boards if that is possible.

skizzfan42@gmail.com
    please don't think me rude but, i'd like to decline. everything i have to say about the matter has been and will be in the books. anything else would be the imposition of authorial intent and I'd much rather assume you my co-conspirator rather than dry erase board. Or something. Metaphor sorta got away from me there at the end.

thanks for reading and thinking about it all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfraction View Post
    please don't think me rude but, i'd like to decline. everything i have to say about the matter has been and will be in the books. anything else would be the imposition of authorial intent and I'd much rather assume you my co-conspirator rather than dry erase board. Or something. Metaphor sorta got away from me there at the end.

thanks for reading and thinking about it all the same.
    No rudeness. Worth a shot. It is more regarding Paster Mike than the Asgardians. Regardless, I enjoyed the ending of the first arc. Keep it up.

Also, I will henceforth call you, 'my co-conspirator Matt', rathen than 'that Fraction guy.' So that's something.
    Last edited by beamish; 10-01-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Just two quick questions.

I'm a big GBV fan and was wondering how much of a hand you had in the "back to the lake" video (it's excellent by the way) or if you had a hand it at all? I could be getting things confused.

Also, I met you at C2E2 earlier this year (you're extremely nice and thank you for personalizing my books) and I noticed you had on some pretty kickass shoes, they were yellow and gray trainers. I'm looking to purchase new shoes and was wondering if you could recall what brand or name they were?

Sorry if both those questions come off as odd. Love your comics, looking forward to your Defenders, and I promise that I will try again with Casanova (I own the first trade and every time I try to read it I feel that it's just a little too smart for me or maybe out of my comfort zone, but I won't give up. Promise.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    Just two quick questions.

I'm a big GBV fan and was wondering how much of a hand you had in the "back to the lake" video (it's excellent by the way) or if you had a hand it at all? I could be getting things confused.
    a big hand. i'm even in it in a few shots.

Also, I met you at C2E2 earlier this year (you're extremely nice and thank you for personalizing my books) and I noticed you had on some pretty kickass shoes, they were yellow and gray trainers. I'm looking to purchase new shoes and was wondering if you could recall what brand or name they were?
    they're part of the livestrong line from Nike. i put my on fat yellow laces on 'em, though.

Sorry if both those questions come off as odd. Love your comics, looking forward to your Defenders, and I promise that I will try again with Casanova (I own the first trade and every time I try to read it I feel that it's just a little too smart for me or maybe out of my comfort zone, but I won't give up. Promise.)
    i promise it's not! it's just silly. CASANOVA, i mean. You know how in, like, FERRIS BUELLER or whatever, he could address the camera in one moment, then be in a scene the next, and then shoot the camera a wink, then be in three scenes without acknowledging the camera, then there'd be scenes he wasn't a part of and couldn't possibly know were happening, even though he was seemingly aware of his audience, and all that? And how it never ONCE bugs you when you watch it, you just totally go with it? CASANOVA is like that, in intention, anyway. Just go with it.

Alternately, i'm here to answer literally any question you might have.

and? thanks.

a big hand. i'm even in it in a few shots.
    Awesome. It's quite good.

they're part of the livestrong line from Nike. i put my on fat yellow laces on 'em, though.
    Thanks, on top of excellent comic writing, you also have excellent choice in footwear.

i promise it's not! it's just silly. CASANOVA, i mean. You know how in, like, FERRIS BUELLER or whatever, he could address the camera in one moment, then be in a scene the next, and then shoot the camera a wink, then be in three scenes without acknowledging the camera, then there'd be scenes he wasn't a part of and couldn't possibly know were happening, even though he was seemingly aware of his audience, and all that? And how it never ONCE bugs you when you watch it, you just totally go with it? CASANOVA is like that, in intention, anyway. Just go with it.

Alternately, i'm here to answer literally any question you might have.

and? thanks.
    Okay, that makes a ton of sense.

I should also clarify, that it was the first comic I've ever picked up that wasn't a marvel book, I've never even read a DC book (nothing against them just always been a Marvel fan, never really branched out) so I promise it was just me struggling a bit to go outside my own comic reading box.

I'll remove all distractions and dive in tonight.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.

The Effing President TheTravis!'s Avatar

.I should also clarify, that it was the first comic I've ever picked up that wasn't a marvel book, I've never even read a DC book (nothing against them just always been a Marvel fan, never really branched out) so I promise it was just me struggling a bit to go outside my own comic reading box.
    Just to offer my support, it took me five tries to get through the first volume of Casanova. It's kind of its own thing. But it's completely worth sticking with it. The only other book to ever blow my mind quite as much was Morrison's Invisibles.
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDIS! View Post
    the travis is a sweety.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravis! View Post
    Just to offer my support, it took me five tries to get through the first volume of Casanova. It's kind of its own thing. But it's completely worth sticking with it. The only other book to ever blow my mind quite as much was Morrison's Invisibles.
    You two are not alone. While I was reading through I too did not feel hip or smart enough to get it. Then, in issue 7, when CASS gets tackle, that was my OH SHIT I'M READING THIS TOTAL WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravis! View Post
    So far I'm up to the fifth chapter. I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around, I honestly think that I've just needed to be in the right mood and to make sure that I didn't get distracted. I would've finished it last night, but I have to get up at 5am for work and didn't want to read it while being tired.

Quote Originally Posted by beamish View Post
    You two are not alone. While I was reading through I too did not feel hip or smart enough to get it. Then, in issue 7, when CASS gets tackle, that was my OH SHIT I'M READING THIS TOTAL WRONG.
    I have a feeling that the second I finish the trade I'm going to instantly regret not finishing it the first time.

Thanks for the input everybody, it helped. I already contacted my comic shop this morning to get all of Gula and have the first two issues of avaritia set aside for me to pick up this weekend.

You will not be disappointed, once LUXURIA clicked I read through GULA in a weekend.

Hey Matt (and everyone),

In the vein of Batman Dreams of Heironymous Machines and the Flash (and a little Zen Buddhism): http://www.comicsbulletin.com/soapbo...4997978091.htm

N