KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

hi, kelly sue, big fan. i was wondering if i could post a Q&A thread somewhere on your forum here.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Are you the same Matt Fraction that wrote the comic based off the Robert Downey Jr movie? What's with all the superhero crap in that book?
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Re: the matt fraction cavalcade of whimsy

Quote Originally Posted by mattfraction View Post
    hi, kelly sue, big fan. i was wondering if i could post a Q&A thread somewhere on your forum here.
    For you? Anything.

Yes; i wrote the comic book adaptation of LESS THAN ZERO. that was me.

A couple questions for you sir and the same for Lady Kelly Sue,

Do you use any specific software when you are writing?
    Do you sketch out your panels as you go? Or plot, panel breakdown, and then script?
    Would you be willing to review a mini comic that a friend and I are working on? If so, can I say, "Matt Fraction will review this for us, get your butt in gear."

Lastly, would you and Kelly Sue be interested in coming to the Mid-Ohio Con October 22-23?
    sub question, if yes, may I invite you to diner?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beamish View Post
    A couple questions for you sir and the same for Lady Kelly Sue,

Do you use any specific software when you are writing?
    Do you sketch out your panels as you go? Or plot, panel breakdown, and then script?
    Would you be willing to review a mini comic that a friend and I are working on? If so, can I say, "Matt Fraction will review this for us, get your butt in gear."

Lastly, would you and Kelly Sue be interested in coming to the Mid-Ohio Con October 22-23?
    sub question, if yes, may I invite you to diner?

Thanks
    •Nope. WORD usually. Really anything will do.

• If it's super complex for some reason. Sometimes just for me so i can look at it on paper and not just in my own mind but mostly, no. I "plot" then go to full script. Though on DEFENDERS I'm trying it Marvel Style. The script is the same length as a full script, though, so clearly i'm doing it wrong.
    • I'm sorry, I don't have time right now. That said, you should still get your butt in gear.
    • I'd love to, but we're already booked for the rest of the year.... and a good chunk of 2012.

thanks, man.

What is your favorite...

...issue of Cerebus?

...Frank Zappa album?

...Vonnegut novel?

...italian food dish?

....middle-eastern facist dictator?

Quote Originally Posted by mattfraction View Post
    •Nope. WORD usually. Really anything will do.

• If it's super complex for some reason. Sometimes just for me so i can look at it on paper and not just in my own mind but mostly, no. I "plot" then go to full script. Though on DEFENDERS I'm trying it Marvel Style. The script is the same length as a full script, though, so clearly i'm doing it wrong.
    • I'm sorry, I don't have time right now. That said, you should still get your butt in gear.
    • I'd love to, but we're already booked for the rest of the year.... and a good chunk of 2012.

thanks, man.
    Thanks, I've been trying to hook my friend into working faster, the script is done, just waiting on art. Also, a feather for your cap, The Five Nightmares brought me back to Marvel after a MANY year hiatus.

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    So Matt what's it been like making the switch from Image to Marvel in full? I mean you have a pretty full plate with Thor, Iron Man, Defenders, Fear Itself and the Fearless with a side of Casanova. Are you going to try some new creator-owned work after Cas ends?

Also for that matter, I just wanted to thank you. You're one of the creators who inspired me by example and work to keep trying for an opportunity to break into the industry. I got my first story published this month and I'm working with Xylon (how does he know everybody) on getting a book done for pitching.

I finally feel like I'm making forward movement on making something out of the skills I have, so as cliche as it is, thanks for everything.
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Hello, thanks for stopping by.

As a novelist who'd love to write comics (I'd still write novels alongside the comics - I'm all about the multitasking!), do you have any ambitions to write a novel? If so, what genre would it be in?

Cheers,
    Kaz