KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Writers & Artists: What are you working on?

Re: Writers: What are you working on?

Quote Originally Posted by beamish View Post
    Having multiple scripts with no art has me relatively disheartened to the process. I know i need to, and I have a story brewing but I think it's a waste of time to just write another script.
    I can see what you're saying. Hmm... I just find it hard not to write, especially if something is brewing. Just writing notes and research is enough to keep it ticking over, sometimes. Keeps the enthusiasm up a bit.

The Effing President TheTravis!'s Avatar

Let's see. I am 20 pages from completion on a 100-page graphic novel. I have a 3-page anthology script for the Gathering due in September. Three other pitches out to the gentlemen at the Gathering, and I am in research phase on my next graphic novel, which will be "Shakespeare In Love" for science nerds. I have two artists in mind, either of whom would be perfect. I just have to see who I can beg into doing the art for the pitch.

I'm keeping busy.
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDIS! View Post
    the travis is a sweety.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravis! View Post
    Let's see. I am 20 pages from completion on a 100-page graphic novel. I have a 3-page anthology script for the Gathering due in September. Three other pitches out to the gentlemen at the Gathering, and I am in research phase on my next graphic novel, which will be "Shakespeare In Love" for science nerds. I have two artists in mind, either of whom would be perfect. I just have to see who I can beg into doing the art for the pitch.

I'm keeping busy.
    Wow... You are keeping busy!

Good luck with finishing, what with being so close to the finish on your latest GN! Also, love the sound of your next one (Shakespeare In Love for science nerds): great pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Mahoney View Post
    Wow... You are keeping busy!

Good luck with finishing, what with being so close to the finish on your latest GN! Also, love the sound of your next one (Shakespeare In Love for science nerds): great pitch.
    Thanks! I hope others wil agree.

Got a good news email from the artist on the current GN. Looking more and more like we'll have at least a good chunk of the book done before NYCC in October.

Also forgot to mention - In the interest of keeping me writing even when I don't feel like it, I post in my blog once a week. http://travismholyfield.blogspot.com
    the travis is a sweety.

First graphic novel is written, edited, and off to the artist. 100+ pages. I feel really good about myself.
    the travis is a sweety.

First graphic novel is written, edited, and off to the artist. 100+ pages. I feel really good about myself.
    So you should do. That's brilliant, congratulations! Now you can spend the weekend celebrating...

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Mahoney View Post
    So you should do. That's brilliant, congratulations! Now you can spend the weekend celebrating...
    I COULD. But since I live on the east coast of the US, I'll be spending my weekend making panicked perparations for a hurricane. One of those preparations has been to download several books to my Kindle to research the new project, but the rest involve hoarding and terror.

If I don't post at all next week, somebody tell Bendis that I loved him.
    the travis is a sweety.

i'm just trying to get myself back into the swing of it. i have about half-a-dozen aborted novels on my hard-drive. i'm trying to figure out if i should start something brand new or take one of them and figure out how/why it stalled and fix it.

also trying to find the time amidst full-time job, part-time job, grad school and a volunteer program i do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Defferding View Post
    Nah. Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.

I COULD. But since I live on the east coast of the US, I'll be spending my weekend making panicked perparations for a hurricane. One of those preparations has been to download several books to my Kindle to research the new project, but the rest involve hoarding and terror.

If I don't post at all next week, somebody tell Bendis that I loved him.
    Stay safe, dude. I would totally prepare by downloading lots of books to my Kindle, too... But yeah, there'd also be plenty of hoarding and LOTS of terror.

Kaz

Quote Originally Posted by RegularJoe View Post
    i'm just trying to get myself back into the swing of it. i have about half-a-dozen aborted novels on my hard-drive. i'm trying to figure out if i should start something brand new or take one of them and figure out how/why it stalled and fix it.

also trying to find the time amidst full-time job, part-time job, grad school and a volunteer program i do.
    One of the worst things is trying to work on creative projects when you're also doing all those other things: jobs, school, family/kids (for those who have them), etc. I wish you the best with trying to make a bit of time for your writing.

Re. your various aborted novels, as someone who did the same for years and years before finally finishing something... I can SO relate to this. But honestly, the first time you finish a novel you'll be transformed! I'd say if you have around 6 incomplete novels, the problem is not so much with the individual projects as it is with your own issues around finishing. Um... I mean that in a supportive way! I was just the same, I swear. Maybe you're scared to finish something, because then that means you're one step closer to showing people your work and maybe even getting published. Not that you're asking for advice, but if you WERE asking I'd recommend looking through those projects and seeing which one you love most - then trying to finish it. Even if you think it's crap, just get to The End.

Good luck!