KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Writers & Artists: What are you working on?

Writers & Artists: What are you working on?

As a newbie to these boards (Kelly Sue's writing led me here, which is why I'm setting up 'house' in her corner of JINXWORLD), I'd love to know what you guys are working on.

If you're writers, what are you currently writing? Are you actively seeking publication? Already published? Just working on comics? Other media? (I write YA novels, but I would love to break into comics and am working hard to try making that happen. Um... one day. When I'm not drowning under deadlines. )

You?

Cheers,
    Kaz

I write comics, I'd love to shop them around but my artist friend is dragging his backside. Ya get what you pay for I guess.

Re: Writers: What are you working on?

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Mahoney View Post
    As a newbie to these boards (Kelly Sue's writing led me here, which is why I'm setting up 'house' in her corner of JINXWORLD), I'd love to know what you guys are working on.

If you're writers, what are you currently writing? Are you actively seeking publication? Already published? Just working on comics? Other media? (I write YA novels, but I would love to break into comics and am working hard to try making that happen. Um... one day. When I'm not drowning under deadlines. )

You?

Cheers,
    Kaz
    I think I've got a YA novel in me. We should swap careers.

(Pimp your books, yo. Make with the links.)

Quote Originally Posted by beamish View Post
    I write comics, I'd love to shop them around but my artist friend is dragging his backside. Ya get what you pay for I guess.
    Man, I wish I had some useful advice to offer. Hang in there...?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Sue

Man, I wish I had some useful advice to offer. Hang in there...?
    Oh, it'll happen, it really is just a practice in patients. That and if his art wasn't top shelf material I would've already walked.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Sue View Post
    I think I've got a YA novel in me. We should swap careers.

(Pimp your books, yo. Make with the links.)

Heh. We should do, like, an exchange program. If you ever want to talk novels, YA or otherwise (I'm also working on an adult urban fantasy kinda thing, as well as a book for younger children - my agent tries to get me to focus... bless her... without much success), give me a shout.

Re. links: Cheers! I didn't know if that was cool or not. I have a couple of short stories in anthologies, but my first novel came out in the US, UK and Australia back in February. (And it's being released soon in Brazil!! Crazy...) It's book 1 of a trilogy, The Iron Witch. About a 17-year-old girl with magical iron tattoos covering her hands and arms that give her super-strength. You can see my frustrated superhero comicbook-writer there, already:

http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Witch/dp/...4102878&sr=8-1 (The Iron Witch US)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Iron-Witch-...4102991&sr=8-1 (Iron Witch UK)

http://www.amazon.com/Wood-Queen-Iro...4102878&sr=8-2 (The Wood Queen US)

Book 2 is out early Feb next year. I also have a second series starting next summer with Random House UK - August, I think - which is about a teenage vampire called Moth. She's pretty kick-ass, if I do say so myself. (That one's called Beautiful Ghosts, even though it's about vampires and zombies. Heh. I don't think it'll be on Amazon for a while.)

Cheers,
    Kaz

I hope things pick up soon - if you've found the right artist for the project, it should be worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Mahoney

I hope things pick up soon - if you've found the right artist for the project, it should be worth the wait.
    He is the perfect artist for it but just decided that he wanted a masters right after he started the rough paging.

He is the perfect artist for it but just decided that he wanted a masters right after he started the rough paging.
    How inconvenient of him!

But seriously, good luck with the project. You could use the 'waiting time' for writing ahead, or writing something new if you've finished that script for now. I am always writing new things. I get very confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Mahoney

How inconvenient of him!

But seriously, good luck with the project. You could use the 'waiting time' for writing ahead, or writing something new if you've finished that script for now. I am always writing new things. I get very confused...
    Having multiple scripts with no art has me relatively disheartened to the process. I know i need to, and I have a story brewing but I think it's a waste of time to just write another script.