Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wait.. so DC is not only doing fill ins but soliciting Marvel exclusive artists now?!

Wait.. so DC is not only doing fill ins but soliciting Marvel exclusive artists now?!

Blackhawks Has Its Third Solicited Artist In Three Issues – But He Won’t Be Drawing It
    Bleeding Cool reported how Mister Terrific was on its third artistic team in three issues, as evidence that editorial staff at DC Comics are being incredibly dedicated to getting the work out on time, month in, month out.

However, they may have hit a cropper with Blackhawks.

Last month, Bleeding Cool reported that Blackhawks had ditched issue one artist Ken Lashley for issue two artists Graham Nolan and Norm Rapmund. Well the third issue for October has another credit change, now it’s Alessandro Vitti.

Except there’s a problem.

Alessandro Vitti has been an exclusive creator with Marvel Comics and is midway through a contract.

Nevertheless, DC have solicited his name on Blackhawks #3.

DC seems to think he accepted the deal. Vitti seems to think he turned it down.

So does this mean when they eventually work it out, we will have… four different artists or art teams announced for Blackhawks by the time the third issue is published?
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/08/...be-drawing-it/

Holy shit. Reeeaaaaally?! Not only does DC seem unprofessional by switching artists / putting in a fill in artist for the third time in as many issues for this supposedly important relaunch.. They actually have solicited an artist they didn't hire and is under contract with the other company. Is anyone awake at the wheel over there?

Well, at least they didn't hire Chuck freaking Austin for writing chores in the end as their initial website originally claimed.

I can't even find schadenfreude in these goofs at this point. This just makes me sad and a bit angry.

Well, I guess all major companies have had delays and goofs on big launches. When they opened Disneyland in 1956, nothing worked. Though if the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't have to figure out how they rebooted the entire universe and lost the wheelchair accessibility ramps.

Re: Wait.. so DC is not only doing fill ins but soliciting Marvel exclusive artists n

Is this really worth getting upset over? I mean it was utterly idiotic, but "sad and angry" isn't the feeling I get from reading ths.
    Last edited by Thequeerjock; 08-18-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Re: Wait.. so DC is not only doing fill ins but soliciting Marvel exclusive artists n

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerjock View Post
    Is this really worth getting upset over? I mean it was utterly idiotic, but "sad and angry" isn't the feelin I get from reading ths.
    DC can engineer it so that if you read their comics in September you will be cured whatever ails you and he will still be ranting and raving until the reboot is undone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    I can't even find schadenfreude in these goofs at this point. This just makes me sad and a bit angry.
    So at first you were deriving pleasure from these editorial screw ups, and now you're getting sad and angry at these editorial screw ups.

You may want to unclench, step back a bit, and stop making mountains out of molehills. It's a screwy situation, yeah, but you're sad and angry? Really?
    Movie news, features, reviews, and miscellany: My work at Flixist
    Movie reviews and criticism: My stuff on CriticWire

Join us. Resistance is futile.
    Change your default settings.

As someone who is looking forward to this book the most, the art situation is really starting to hurt my enthusiasm.

Quote Originally Posted by NickT View Post
    As someone who is looking forward to this book the most, the art situation is really starting to hurt my enthusiasm.
    You took the words outta my mouth. Or...fingers, as it were.

(we're on Tumblr too!)

Do people care more if books or on time, or produced with a consistent voice?

-BCM
    --------------------------------------------------
    The NEW BCM Blog (opinions and whimsy)
    Twitter!
    --------------------------------------------------

For me personally it's the second one, with extreme exceptions(Geoff Johns and Adam Kubert on Action Comics, if anyone remembers that).

(we're on Tumblr too!)

Quote Originally Posted by BClayMoore View Post
    Do people care more if books or on time, or produced with a consistent voice?

-BCM
    It depends on the voice.

I'd much rather have a consistent voice. To be frank, I don't really care if the books I follow come out on a strict monthly schedule as long as the quality of the book remains high. I'd rather wait on a good book than hold a mediocre one in my hands on the day it was supposed to ship. For all the things I like about the relaunch, I think this emphasis on firm monthly shipping is actually a step backwards. (Although if I were a retailer, I'd probably appreciate the effort.) I don't think most fans care all that much about a book that ships a few weeks late. Certain fans may go on a message board and bitch, but then they go out and buy it anyway.