KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ladies, and sirs, we need to get this place hopping!

The Effing President TheTravis!'s Avatar

Ladies, and sirs, we need to get this place hopping!

I refuse to let this be the board where someone posts once a week. Kelly Sue deserves better than that! YOU deserve better than that!

Mingle!
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDIS! View Post
    the travis is a sweety.

Re: Ladies, and sirs, we need to get this place hopping!

It's my fault! I haven't had the time to give the place the attention that I had planned.

I suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Sue View Post
    It's my fault! I haven't had the time to give the place the attention that I had planned.

I suck.
    Don't blame yourself! Blame us! That's what we're here for. Haven't you been paying attention to how Bendis does it?
    the travis is a sweety.

I'm up for a little loud and raucous debate on the sorry state of Russian Comics, if anybody knows anything about Russian comics, which I of course don't. Either that...or we could busy ourselves with why she isn't working on the DC reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by iamericbass View Post
    I'm up for a little loud and raucous debate on the sorry state of Russian Comics, if anybody knows anything about Russian comics, which I of course don't. Either that...or we could busy ourselves with why she isn't working on the DC reboot.
    I don't know anything about Russian comics, either! But ignorance shouldn't stop two comic fans from having a debate! It never has!

We could talk about 80s movies. I watched Sixteen Candles the other night and was really surprised at the amount of racism and sexual assault in that movie. Jake Ryan is kind of a douchebag.
    the travis is a sweety.

Quote Originally Posted by iamericbass View Post
    ...or we could busy ourselves with why she isn't working on the DC reboot.
    Oh good god. I will paypal you ONE AMERICAN DOLLAR if you will be in charge of our NOT having that conversation, please...?

I know bupkis (sp?) about Russian comics, but I'm willing to learn.

I want to read Octobriana.
    "Some guy on the net thinks I suck and he should know; he's got his own blog." -- Nick Hornby

I think I've watched Sixteen Candles, but I'm not sure. I'm the eldest of four siblings and my cousins were either too old or young to be of pop-culture-introducing use, so I've had to so a lot of catching up and sharing.

All of which is me adding some sound & fury but signifying nothing, and avoiding admitting I first watched The Breakfast Club earlier this year.

It's weird, because it's something that's referenced so much I basically knew it. Similar experience to watching Seven Samurai.

End ramble, except to say I'm also very interested in Russian comics.

N

Quote Originally Posted by nickellis View Post
    I think I've watched Sixteen Candles, but I'm not sure. I'm the eldest of four siblings and my cousins were either too old or young to be of pop-culture-introducing use, so I've had to so a lot of catching up and sharing.

All of which is me adding some sound & fury but signifying nothing, and avoiding admitting I first watched The Breakfast Club earlier this year.

It's weird, because it's something that's referenced so much I basically knew it. Similar experience to watching Seven Samurai.

End ramble, except to say I'm also very interested in Russian comics.

N
    My wife had a similar experience watching Animal House. She says she was surprised at how much of the movie she knew without ever having seen it.

I was blown away when we first got together at how few of my personal "classic" movies she had ever seen. She had never seen Jaws, or Blues Brothers, for example. Last night, in fact, she made the mistake of telling me she'd never seen Big Trouble in Little China, so I made her watch it.

Jenny: "This is RACIST."
    Me: "You mean it is AWESOME."
    Jenny: "No, racist. John Carpenter doesn't know anything about Chinese people."
    Me: "He knows they're inscrutable and have mystical powers and martial arts skills! Stop talking mean about John Carpenter!"

Part of the problem is that I worked my way through college at a video store. So I've pretty much seen every film released between 1975 and 1996.
    the travis is a sweety.

I had the same problem with my girlfriend. We went to see Airplane! in Bryant Park this past Monday and she didn't know ANY of the classic lines. She was like how am I suppose to know them and I was like because at one point you were 13. She has never seen Blues Brothers either.

It boggles my mind that someone could have gone though life without seeing certain films. Maybe I just watched too many movies growing up