Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marvel Superhero Anime Partners Productions (Iron Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Blade)

Re: Marvel Superhero Anime Partners Productions (Iron Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Blade)

I tried watching the Wolverine one and it was pretty horrible. I can see how the Blade one might be entertaining but truthfully I'm weary of the whole concept of Marvel animoos.

(we're on Tumblr too!)

Re: Marvel Superhero Anime Partners Productions (Iron Man, X-Men, Wolverine, Blade)

I haven't seen any of the English stuff. I've been watching all of these though fansubs. Iron Man and Wolverine are the weakest of the bunch. I really liked X-men though and Blade has been pretty great but it's only halfway though so it could always turn to crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam66 View Post
    I haven't seen any of the English stuff. I've been watching all of these though fansubs. Iron Man and Wolverine are the weakest of the bunch. I really liked X-men though and Blade has been pretty great but it's only halfway though so it could always turn to crap.
    I actually thought Iron Man had some interesting ideas though. Certainly putting Stark in an environment where his glibness hurt him rather than helped him was one such. The silly reporter girl is a real anime trope, and that may be more negative than positive, and the pacing was a bit weird in the two episodes I've seen, but I still think its got potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    I actually thought Iron Man had some interesting ideas though. Certainly putting Stark in an environment where his glibness hurt him rather than helped him was one such. The silly reporter girl is a real anime trope, and that may be more negative than positive, and the pacing was a bit weird in the two episodes I've seen, but I still think its got potential.
    And I'd agree with U. Iron Man is more of a Drama then a Action show and all of these have done well on Japanese TV. I'm interested in the second round they have coming and hope they learn from the mistakes they made.