Is Stephanie back to being Spoiler?
Were Cassandra and Stephanie ever Batgirl, and for how long?
- Yes, for a compressed time which is up to you. It won't be gone into but nothing is going to be "rewritten" if that makes sense. It's sort of up to the reader to decide.
Will Aquaman ever get his beard back, and will Mera ever get a child that doesn't get killed.
- Not for a while. Johns and Reis like the classic look. No. Though they're like the last married couple in the DCnU.
Is Barbara's time as Oracle still canon?
- Yes. Though it was in college.
-How Confident is DC in the Static relaunch?
Fairly. Rozum has only been scripting the first two issues but now he's had time to do some full scripts and everyone is happy with the direction.
-Now that he's been relocated in NYC will he losing his rogues gallery and supporting cast for new ones, or will they just be recreated to have existed in NYC?
He moves from Dakota, leaving behind most of his supporting cast.
-Will other milestone characters be making appearances in this book?
- Are wonderwoman and superman really going to fuck?
Probably not fuck, but there will be some romantic tension at the very least. It's still Superman, after all.
(RE: last married comment above -- what about Legion)
Oh, no. That's still there as far I know. I'm just not involved/interested much in the Legion books. At least not at the fictional marriage level.
- Just how many origins are being retold? I know there have to be some.
Superman, JLA, Blue Beetle, Demon Knights.
- So if Karen Star's life as Power Girl is being retconned, is Atlee being erased too?
The latter. No one, aside from Alt-Earth origined characters are being blanked out. Everyone else is sticking around even if they're "benched".
- Will Starfire be in any first wave books? Second wave? Fuck I will miss orange tits ;_;
She's in Red Hood and The Outlaws
- Is there going to be any kind of attempt to keep the timeline straight? Like a proportion of real-world years to storyline years? I noticed that Static is set in New York now, and I'm wondering if you're going to start using real times as well as real places.
There is going to be very little "back in time" stuff.
Everything aside from Action and JL are in the "now" (aside from Demon Knights, Legion, and Western).
From there, that's basically it. No one is going to be like "oh man, Superman dying on live TV made 2008 a crazy year
- Are there any plans for The Phantom Stranger at all, i.e. turning up to offer the JLD some advice and whatnot?
Yes. Also in Shade.
- Fuck yes! Will he retain his original design or what?
As far as I know.
- Wait as in the Changeing man? Is he getting his own book again, because that with him working with the Stranger might be the best news ever.
No, as in Robinson's Shade from Starman. Though Shade the Changing Man is a big part of JL Dark.
-What's the deal with the Martian Manhunter? Any info you can give on him would be appreciated.
He's in Stormwatch. He's been in the JL, but he's not now.
He's a more traditional Super Hero, a contrast to the rest of Stormwatch.
-Are camp and homages to Golden and Silver age stories being made illegal at DC?
Not legally. But they want to stop the nostalgia and backtracking. No one really likes it THAT much and it just perpetuates the idea that the best days were before and not ahead.
Retroactive was the last nostalgia you'll see for a while. What good are high issue numbers and classic costumes if the comics division gets scrapped in favor of merchandising and tv/film adaptation.
Not that that's an immediate danger, just that the market is shrinking and shrinking.
- Plastic Man. Is he going to be showing up and did Jim Lee design a horrible suit for him as well?
Simone/VanSciver mini coming soon.
He has his classic look but with pants and no lacing on his more modest V-neck. The design got used for Evil Pas in Legion of Doom.
- i like all the new suits and costumes; Jim Lee is IMO one of the best artist they have
He's pretty great.
Plus, he's goes to bat all the time for the artists at DC. Which is huge since DC has been traditionally writer controlled.
-Is George Perez' Superman going to be really bad?
Nah, it's good.
It's a dense read though. That man knows how to milk a page for all the story it's worth.
I'm getting a huge 70s, Krytonite Nevermore vibe from his first book. Your mileage may vary.
- Any plans for Zatanna outside of JLD? Will she at least her costume improve?
For now, it's basically JLD but look for a mini maybe in the next few months. They're accepting pitches.
- In the reboot this fall, can Batgirl be older than Batwoman, or at least about the same age?
Barbara is like 22 and just out of college.
She was Oracle in college. She was also doing physical therapy. She was Batgirl in high school.
-Still don't believe you, but tell me, does DC plan to address how shitty some of the new costumes are? They have to know how poorly recieved Harley was for example.
But no. The thinking is that more textured costumes are better and the more people talking/thinking about the costumes/characters the better.
- Will nu-Captain Marvel use the Captain Thunder concept?
Yes. Though Morrison and Stewart's Thunderworld will feature a more traditional set up. Though he'll still go by his original "Captain Thunder" name.
-Is Ladytron going to join Birds of Prey? Cause the would be awesome.
- Fucking love Ladytron. I hope she comes back eventually.
I'm sure she will.
Alot of people are forgetting the initial lineup is just that. An initial lineup. And no mention of characters who will be showing up in those first titles as secondary characters etc. It would ruin the surprise.
The second aspect, is many of the 52 comics won't last. As much as I have high hopes for Justice league dark. Lets be honest, it'll be hard pressed to last 6 months, unless it really gets some press, and ground movement. If you like a new book, best try to support it.
So a good number of them will get canceled, unfortunately. Those books will be replaced by new ones. Possibly with characters that didn't get picked for the first set.
- Is the Justice Society gone for good? Will characters like Alan Scott and Jay Garrick be present in these new series at all?
It is gone in regards to the main continuity.
Robinson and Scott are doing a WWII era Earth-2 JSA book w/ Batman Superman Wonder Woman Flash Green Lantern etc spinning out of Multiversity.
- Will beast Boy be around at all?
five or so issues into Teen Titans.
- Does DC have any plans for Bryan Q. Miller?
five or so issues into Teen Titans.
- What are you excited for?
I'm excited for:
All-Star W *
Animal Man *
Batman and Robin *
Demon Knights *
Mister Terrific *
Red Hood *
Wonder Woman *
Astrix means fucking support it so it doesn't go away.
- How much emphasis will the DCnU have on crossovers/team-ups? It sounds like DC is trying to re-create a cohesive universe from the start, but how far reaching will that really be? Will each group of books be able to do their own things, or are we gonna have Mitch Shelly meeting Superman, or Jaime crossing paths with Stormwatch, and other stuff like that?
There aren't any "crossovers" for at least the first two years.
Multiversity is happening, but that is self contained and creates new books with their own sovereignty rather than subvert the book's own world.
Superman and Aquaman will be in Swamp Thing.
Guy Gardiner will show up in the first 10 issues of Blue Beetle.
Deadman is in Hawk and Dove.
Superman shows up in Stormwatch.
Swamp Thing will show up in Animal Man.
Lots of JLA cameos in Legion Lost.
The Legion MAY show up in Demon Knights.
It'll be a cohesive Universe, but you'll be able to read whatever you want without having to buy anything you don't want.
- (RE: Cameos)
I meant there won't be any Crisis or Blackest Night things. Characters will show up in other books. That's what I was saying.
- Nicieza has a Q and A thread on the DC boards and already said not to expect cameos.
Then he's deviating from the pitch Levitz made for the title. Which is the only thing i've seen from it.
- Wonder-Woman, Firestorm and Hawkman have their classic origins? Because the solicits make it appear as if they have new ones. Also, no Hawkgirl, just Hawkman?
Classic origins, as far as I know. Hawkman isn't being rebooted just getting new armor in the wake of Hawkwoman's death.
I don't think Azz is focusing on WW's origin. I suppose it's just the classic one?
- RE: Hawkman
When Savage Hawkman starts, he's been Hawkman but has given it a rest for a while after Hawkgirl/woman died. He finds new Armor made out of Nth Metal. Lots of new bad guys. Reincarnation stuff is still there but none of the whole "destiny" or "cycle" stuff. Think Matt from Wheel of Time.
It sort of cycles between heavy metal action and indiana jones civilian plots.
The art is gorgeous. Philip Tan is doing his whole watercolor thing.
- RE: ?
Oh and there is talk of including digital download codes and coupons in the HC (but not TPB) collections.
- RE: JSA
Well there is also a plan for Justice Society Infinity which would be set in the modern day and have more modern Society and Infinity Inc characters.
- I, too, would like to know if we must suffer through Steve Trevor.
I don't THINK he's there. They're doing more Wonder Woman as Kratos/Helloboy than Wonder Woman with her traditional supporting cast. Her love interest is going to be Superman for the next year or so, but not in an "IN YOUR FACE: CARLY COOPER" distasteful way.
So I don't know.