BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rob Liefeld On Drawing Feet

Re: Rob Liefeld On Drawing Feet

Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Just so it's clear. Rob Liefeld did not draw or write that comic. The guys who do the Let's Be Friend's Again webcomic did.
    duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLM View Post
    Is this where Jason becomes a dick about semantics?

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Comics are sexy!

People who buy comics are sexy!

Rod, Bartleby, and Spidey616 are sexy!

Twitter/Facebook/Comic Book League

Quote Originally Posted by Mwstattel View Post
    It's pretty obvious all he cares about is getting paid. That's never been a doubt for me.
    Really? From all the interviews and all the times I've talked to him, it's obvious that all he cares about drawing comics. His enthusiasm is what gets him in trouble, because he'll end up working on too many books at once, which causes some to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCummings

Really? From all the interviews and all the times I've talked to him, it's obvious that all he cares about drawing comics. His enthusiasm is what gets him in trouble, because he'll end up working on too many books at once, which causes some to disappear.
    I was commenting on how the punchline wasn't much of a punchline to me. That's always been my view of Liefeld: "I make tons of money so fuck off". It's pretty much based on conjecture. You have a guy who can churn out shit and people pay for it. If he was really passionate or enthusiastic about the art don't you think he'd have grown or changed over the 20+ years he's been making comics? Or challenged himself to make different and better comics? Not in my opinion. His art looks just as shitty as it did twenty years ago. The one defense I've ever heard is that he makes a lot of money. Well, if that's all he cares about then he does do a good job. But it doesn't make his art suck any less.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwstattel

I was commenting on how the punchline wasn't much of a punchline to me. That's always been my view of Liefeld: "I make tons of money so fuck off". It's pretty much based on conjecture. You have a guy who can churn out shit and people pay for it. If he was really passionate or enthusiastic about the art don't you think he'd have grown or changed over the 20+ years he's been making comics? Or challenged himself to make different and better comics? Not in my opinion. His art looks just as shitty as it did twenty years ago. The one defense I've ever heard is that he makes a lot of money. Well, if that's all he cares about then he does do a good job. But it doesn't make his art suck any less.
    If he was in it just for the money, he would of left comics over 10 years ago to other mediums like alot of the other Extreme Studios artists like Platt or Fraga did. The climate of the last decade, makes it almost impossible for anyone to be in the industry just for the money

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCummings

If he was in it just for the money, he would of left comics over 10 years ago to other mediums like alot of the other Extreme Studios artists like Platt or Fraga did. The climate of the last decade, makes it almost impossible for anyone to be in the industry just for the money
    His art speaks for itself. If the work he's accumulated over the past 20 years says "enthusiastic" or "passionate" then i clearly don't know what I'm talking about.

I never looked at it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Wow - I always love how the dialogue on this board descends into someone calling someone else a racist because the high minded liberals dont like to discuss things.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    You are too smart for me Kedd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Trouble Boy

Quote Originally Posted by DaveCummings View Post
    Funny strip, but I'd put money on this as probably closest to the truth without hearing it from Liefeld himself.

I've always sensed that Liefeld loves comics. I just think he's stuck in a juvenile holding pattern at about age 16 when it comes to craft and apparently has no desire to evolve beyond what he loved them. Or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with desire and it's just the way his brain is wired.

I don't have a particular problem with him as a person. I've occasionally heard bad stuff (along with the good), but nothing definitive enough to judge his character.

I do wish he was less popular, though. His art can bring down good writing and his amateurish style can still influence. That ain't no good.

THREAD KILLER! The Robot Lord of Tokyo's Avatar
    The whole "I make money" thing can't be that true. Sure, he may make some but it can't be that much. It's been 20 years since his prime so anyone buying his stuff are the old school fans. And since there is always so much negative opinion on his art it's hard to say how much of that is true. And with so many of his projects that end up in limbo it's not like he has a consistant stream of work.
    If he makes his money it's off he studio he runs and other artists as well as the money he gets from image for being one of the heads.