BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 36

Thread: Rob Liefeld On Drawing Feet

  1. #11
    Board Crasher Jason California's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    70,138

    Re: Rob Liefeld On Drawing Feet

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwin View Post
    Just so it's clear. Rob Liefeld did not draw or write that comic. The guys who do the Let's Be Friend's Again webcomic did.
    duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLM View Post
    Is this where Jason becomes a dick about semantics?

  2. #12
    Consiliere Spidey616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New York, New York
    Posts
    18,993

    Re: Rob Liefeld On Drawing Feet



    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Comics are sexy!

    People who buy comics are sexy!

    Rod, Bartleby, and Spidey616 are sexy!


    Twitter/Facebook/Comic Book League

  3. #13
    Hard Boiled DaveCummings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    10,668

    Re: Rob Liefeld On Drawing Feet

    Quote Originally Posted by Mwstattel View Post
    It's pretty obvious all he cares about is getting paid. That's never been a doubt for me.
    Really? From all the interviews and all the times I've talked to him, it's obvious that all he cares about drawing comics. His enthusiasm is what gets him in trouble, because he'll end up working on too many books at once, which causes some to disappear.

  4. #14
    Gunsel Mwstattel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Middlebury, VT
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCummings

    Really? From all the interviews and all the times I've talked to him, it's obvious that all he cares about drawing comics. His enthusiasm is what gets him in trouble, because he'll end up working on too many books at once, which causes some to disappear.
    I was commenting on how the punchline wasn't much of a punchline to me. That's always been my view of Liefeld: "I make tons of money so fuck off". It's pretty much based on conjecture. You have a guy who can churn out shit and people pay for it. If he was really passionate or enthusiastic about the art don't you think he'd have grown or changed over the 20+ years he's been making comics? Or challenged himself to make different and better comics? Not in my opinion. His art looks just as shitty as it did twenty years ago. The one defense I've ever heard is that he makes a lot of money. Well, if that's all he cares about then he does do a good job. But it doesn't make his art suck any less.

  5. #15
    Hard Boiled DaveCummings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    10,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwstattel

    I was commenting on how the punchline wasn't much of a punchline to me. That's always been my view of Liefeld: "I make tons of money so fuck off". It's pretty much based on conjecture. You have a guy who can churn out shit and people pay for it. If he was really passionate or enthusiastic about the art don't you think he'd have grown or changed over the 20+ years he's been making comics? Or challenged himself to make different and better comics? Not in my opinion. His art looks just as shitty as it did twenty years ago. The one defense I've ever heard is that he makes a lot of money. Well, if that's all he cares about then he does do a good job. But it doesn't make his art suck any less.
    If he was in it just for the money, he would of left comics over 10 years ago to other mediums like alot of the other Extreme Studios artists like Platt or Fraga did. The climate of the last decade, makes it almost impossible for anyone to be in the industry just for the money

  6. #16
    Gunsel Mwstattel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Middlebury, VT
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCummings

    If he was in it just for the money, he would of left comics over 10 years ago to other mediums like alot of the other Extreme Studios artists like Platt or Fraga did. The climate of the last decade, makes it almost impossible for anyone to be in the industry just for the money
    His art speaks for itself. If the work he's accumulated over the past 20 years says "enthusiastic" or "passionate" then i clearly don't know what I'm talking about.

  7. #17
    BenBo In Crowd Kedd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Oakland California
    Posts
    57,232

    Re: Rob Liefeld On Drawing Feet

    I never looked at it that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Wow - I always love how the dialogue on this board descends into someone calling someone else a racist because the high minded liberals dont like to discuss things.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    You are too smart for me Kedd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post


  8. #18
    Trouble Boy
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    584

    Re: Rob Liefeld On Drawing Feet

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveCummings View Post
    If he was in it just for the money, he would of left comics over 10 years ago to other mediums like alot of the other Extreme Studios artists like Platt or Fraga did. The climate of the last decade, makes it almost impossible for anyone to be in the industry just for the money
    Funny strip, but I'd put money on this as probably closest to the truth without hearing it from Liefeld himself.

  9. #19
    GODFATHER The Hodag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    20,606

    Re: Rob Liefeld On Drawing Feet

    I've always sensed that Liefeld loves comics. I just think he's stuck in a juvenile holding pattern at about age 16 when it comes to craft and apparently has no desire to evolve beyond what he loved them. Or maybe it doesn't have anything to do with desire and it's just the way his brain is wired.

    I don't have a particular problem with him as a person. I've occasionally heard bad stuff (along with the good), but nothing definitive enough to judge his character.

    I do wish he was less popular, though. His art can bring down good writing and his amateurish style can still influence. That ain't no good.

  10. #20
    THREAD KILLER! The Robot Lord of Tokyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Bloomington, MN
    Posts
    3,365
    The whole "I make money" thing can't be that true. Sure, he may make some but it can't be that much. It's been 20 years since his prime so anyone buying his stuff are the old school fans. And since there is always so much negative opinion on his art it's hard to say how much of that is true. And with so many of his projects that end up in limbo it's not like he has a consistant stream of work.
    If he makes his money it's off he studio he runs and other artists as well as the money he gets from image for being one of the heads.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •