KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536 LastLast

Thread: High/Low

The Effing President TheTravis!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beamish

I'm aware of the game, what about the freelance portion?!? Modules?
    I started freelancing in September on the design team, working on some of the upcoming books. Seems to be going well so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDIS! View Post
    the travis is a sweety.

Re: High/Low

HIGH: Thanksgiving was wonderful. Tara and I hosted for the first time and it was exhausting, but completely worth it. Below is the chief cook. I am very, very thankful for her.

LOW: Pain, all day yesterday was cooking and cleaning, and my my body is letting me know its displeasure.

Aww... great pic!

Kaz

HIGH: Today my marriage turns 9!
    LOW: A slight cold, but manageable.

Massive congratulations Beamish. Nicely done. Less so for the cold, hope that improves soon.

High:

Stage-managed my girlfriend's graduating fashion parade. Have done the job for seven years now and last night was probably one of the most challenging, was way too hot, no air-conditioning, the generator we had running some fans ran out of fuel and when it got refilled they forgot to close the doors and so we had fumes.

Had a model get cramps (because of the ridiculous heat and ridiculous heels) in her feet as the doors opened - was massaging her feet as the opening speeches started, got her walking and into shoes and she walked the catwalk.

Stayed on to five am at after party and after-after party which included hanging out with the guest speaker (winner of the second Australian series of Project Runway) and then walking one of my girlfriend's models around the block a couple of times because she'd had too much to drink.

Low:

Yelled at a couple of the volunteers who were going outside to smoke when they should have been helping pack up. They were doing the wrong thing but I overreacted. Apologised later but still felt like arse.

This morning, because extreme exhaustion and hangover, I had The Fear (an ex's capitals - the really big fear that grabs everything and makes it feel like it's all going to fall apart).

Hung out with my family, who also met my girlfriend's family for the first time (with my dad and S' dad reminiscing about Soviet Russia [my dad studied there, gf's dad is Czech and travelled there a month before the Russians invaded Czechozlovakia]).

Later fell asleep on my parent's couch while everyone else put up the Xmas tree. Woke myself up laughing.

Was good to sit with The Fear and ride it out, know what it was and what it wasn't.

So yeah. Big weekend.

N

Grifter

HIGH: Lots of them, too many to catalog but I'll just say that this wee and sporadic community has been a positive many times. Good people, all of you. Thanks for the sharing that goes on here.
    LOW: Not many lately. I DID miss some babies in PDX but was happy to help facilitate a call from Santa to them.

HIGH: The end of one year and the start of another always makes me happy. POSSIBILITIES ABOUND. (The reality will kick in later... ) Thanks for making our little community a rockin' place to hang out.

LOW: I've been so busy lately that I haven't had as much time to update things over here. I will do better in 2013!!

Happy New Year to you all,

Kaz

High: New Year, new house, new opportunities. Really excited about getting things done this year, and about moving ever upwards towards goals on fitness, mental health and achieving things I want to.

Low: too much stuff to fit into the new house. The moving process is a little overwhelming, especially this time of year (apart from the holidays it's 30° Celsius every day [86° Fahrenheit] and lugging crap around just isn't fun).

Also, my GF is having a really rough time, end of her degree, moving in with a partner for the first time, the same problem with stuff I'm having, going off the pill and now seems to be going through a pretty bad period of anxiety.

I've had anxiety for ages and am getting better at dealing with it, and I can tell her what I know and help that way, but it's really hard to see her go through this and not understand it.

But it's a New Year, and this place exists and makes me happy, so Happy New Year to all you guys! Thanks for being here.

N

LOW: Today was my last day as a mortgage processor, ever (God willing). I know that I have railed on in the past about my desires to go, but still, after seven years I am a little down now that it is done.

HIGH: Monday I start as an IT Technician! After two years of school and a month and a half of interviews I will be turning left rather than right on my way to work for the foreseeable future.