KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Introduce Yourselves

The Effing President TheTravis!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidge
    I've been lurking here for far too long to not introduce myself.

So, on with the introductory questions.

My name is Sean and I'm from Detroit, Michigan.

I don't have a blog, no comic either. I have a facebook, but I'm not big on updating it.

For an autobiography I would choose the title, run away a boy, walk away a man.

As far as my best job, I did a lot of touring with bands selling merch (and eventually playing/performing in a band, releasing two records) and going all over the country for a few years after high school, playing all over the place, meeting nearly all of my musical heroes from when I was younger, and pretty much fulfilling every musical goal I had. Now, I work in an emergency room, it's not as glamorous at the former, but I like it.

Worst job is unfortunately the same as the best job. Sure it was great, but then sometimes you find yourself in LA sitting in a van next to a naked bass player who's got his hands and legs duct taped together because he keeps on trying to pick fights in bars. Or, you're at some club in Florida and you get into an argument with the singer and he headbutts you in the face knocking out your front teeth.

Ok, who am I kidding, that stuff was great too.
    What band were you touring with? Maybe my misspent youth and your misspent youth crossed paths.
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDIS! View Post
    the travis is a sweety.

Re: Introduce Yourselves

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravis! View Post
    What band were you touring with? Maybe my misspent youth and your misspent youth crossed paths.
    That would be fantastic. The majority of it was spent with a band called The Fags (that would be the band that I sold merch for) They got signed to Sire records (which was awesome) but unfortunately they got dropped because it was near impossible to market the name, but the full length did eventually come out on the indie label Idol Records out of Dallas, everyone should check it out (although if your at work and do a google search make sure to add band to the end), it's power pop like Cheap Trick with a bit of a punk vibe. I was with them the longest, Warped tour 2003, the X reunion tour (for anyone who knows who X is) a lot of little tours by themselves. I also sold merch for Sponge. I played in a band called Novada up until 2009. Now I just go to shows and feel like the old guy that gets weird looks from the kids now.

As a sidenote, from my lurking, you seem like a stern gentleman TheTravis! (you have my favorite board response ever in that infamous mikeandzod thread) I also really enjoyed your blog about Fear Itself, it made me look at it with fresh eyes, thanks for that.

Oh, and if by chance our paths did cross and I was an unbearable obnoxious asshole, I didn't mean it. I was somewhat of a raging alcoholic.

The Effing President TheTravis!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
    That would be fantastic. The majority of it was spent with a band called The Fags (that would be the band that I sold merch for) They got signed to Sire records (which was awesome) but unfortunately they got dropped because it was near impossible to market the name,
    Ha. Unsurprising. There's a reason the Queers aren't the biggest band in America.

I once went to a show with three bands playing - Shlong, Hung, and Spooge. In Hung's defense, they were named after the bass player, who was Asian.

I was with them the longest, Warped tour 2003, the X reunion tour (for anyone who knows who X is) a lot of little tours by themselves. I also sold merch for Sponge. I played in a band called Novada up until 2009. Now I just go to shows and feel like the old guy that gets weird looks from the kids now.
    I know I never played at a show you were working, but we probably trod across a lot of the same stages. I fronted for a ska band called Flip Ya For Real from 1998 to 2000, a punk band called SaveFace from 2000 until 2004, and a post-hardcore band called The Dakota Version from 2004-2006.

As a sidenote, from my lurking, you seem like a stern gentleman TheTravis! (you have my favorite board response ever in that infamous mikeandzod thread) I also really enjoyed your blog about Fear Itself, it made me look at it with fresh eyes, thanks for that.
    Wow. Thanks so much! It's gratifying to know SOMEBODY reads my blog.

Oh, and if by chance our paths did cross and I was an unbearable obnoxious asshole, I didn't mean it. I was somewhat of a raging alcoholic.
    You just dsecribed most everyone I interacted with for a ten year period. except for myself. I was straight-edge. So all the obnoxious asshole was purely my personality.

Good to know you!
    Quote Originally Posted by BENDIS! View Post
    the travis is a sweety.

Ha. Unsurprising. There's a reason the Queers aren't the biggest band in America.

I once went to a show with three bands playing - Shlong, Hung, and Spooge. In Hung's defense, they were named after the bass player, who was Asian.
    That's quite an interesting lineup

I know I never played at a show you were working, but we probably trod across a lot of the same stages. I fronted for a ska band called Flip Ya For Real from 1998 to 2000, a punk band called SaveFace from 2000 until 2004, and a post-hardcore band called The Dakota Version from 2004-2006.
    I'm sure we have, I'll have to check out your bands, any links?

Wow. Thanks so much! It's gratifying to know SOMEBODY reads my blog.
    Your welcome, and thank you. You pretty much described exactly how I felt about Fear Itself but couldn't quite put to words, and like I said it made me look at in a unique way instead of comparing it to the past 8 years of Marvel Events.

You just dsecribed most everyone I interacted with for a ten year period. except for myself. I was straight-edge. So all the obnoxious asshole was purely my personality.

Good to know you!
    Good to know you too! One day, we'll have to get started on the jinxworld supergroup.