KellySue Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eating Healthy

Re: Eating Healthy

Possible next iteration of National Loaf: harissa! I just need to figure out who to shake down for a tube of harissa paste.

Quote Originally Posted by ardaniel View Post
    Possible next iteration of National Loaf: harissa! I just need to figure out who to shake down for a tube of harissa paste.
    Alright ...

Very happy with tonight's dinner -- had a pork tenderloin and wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Started with onions and a celery heart in olive oil with garlic. Added apples, sweet potatoes, frozen orange juice concentrate, salt, chicken broth and apple juice. Smells amazing. Planning to serve over kashi pilaf with kale chips.

Oh, and raw cashews for texture.

And fresh cherries! (Just stirred it and was reminded by their pop of color.)

Grifter

Sounds tasty. Did you bake, braise, broil?

I've been stuffing tenderloins with goodies and then using the rotisserie on the grill. Amazingly moist and fast.

I didn't beat anyone up for their harissa, so we did chopped olive tapenade and za'atar this week. It's pretty good, but it still requires olive oil for dipping.

I haven't been here for a while, but I just wanted to say thank you to Terry and other people on this website. You got me interested in eating healthy, which resulted in adding more vegetables to my diet. I made a sweeping change a few months ago when I started to drink smoothies for breakfast instead of eating carbs. I'm not one for diet shakes, and I honestly don't like fruits and vegetables that much, but I'm pretty good with drinking a smoothie consisting of milk, pomegranate juice, a banana, papaya, honey, vanilla extract, and then I screw around with other ingredients (sometimes jicama, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, carrots, tofu, soy milk, broccoli). Before coming here I wouldn't have touched quite a few of these ingredients, but since changing my diet beginning with this place, I've lost 20 lbs. and I do feel healthier, even though I allow one day a week where I'll stuff my face with whatever I want.

This place did help, though, with me cutting down the amount of carbs and meat I take in, and I no longer feel like a walking heart-attack waiting to happen.

So thanks.

Now to visit the exercise thread.
    "Some guy on the net thinks I suck and he should know; he's got his own blog." -- Nick Hornby

Quote Originally Posted by costello View Post
    I haven't been here for a while, but I just wanted to say thank you to Terry and other people on this website. You got me interested in eating healthy, which resulted in adding more vegetables to my diet. I made a sweeping change a few months ago when I started to drink smoothies for breakfast instead of eating carbs. I'm not one for diet shakes, and I honestly don't like fruits and vegetables that much, but I'm pretty good with drinking a smoothie consisting of milk, pomegranate juice, a banana, papaya, honey, vanilla extract, and then I screw around with other ingredients (sometimes jicama, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, carrots, tofu, soy milk, broccoli). Before coming here I wouldn't have touched quite a few of these ingredients, but since changing my diet beginning with this place, I've lost 20 lbs. and I do feel healthier, even though I allow one day a week where I'll stuff my face with whatever I want.

This place did help, though, with me cutting down the amount of carbs and meat I take in, and I no longer feel like a walking heart-attack waiting to happen.

So thanks.

HOLY CRAP!

Congratulations!! That's fantastic and amazing.

Grifter

Quote Originally Posted by costello View Post
    but since changing my diet beginning with this place, I've lost 20 lbs. and I do feel healthier, even though I allow one day a week where I'll stuff my face with whatever I want.

So thanks.

20 POUNDS! That's great! Hell, one pound is a triumph, man. Seems like you solved the "no-fan-of-vegetables-fruits-yucky-stuff" problem with the smoothies. Finding what works is key. Well done.

I'm heading back to Weight Watchers this week to stem the tide of the "upcreep" that took place the second half of last year. My eating habits backslid a bit so it's good to get some inspiration from this board for some course correction. Though my eating wasn't on target, I have remained active which probably kept me from stroking out.

I love to cook and love to eat. Thank god I love to hike and I like vegetables. You'd probably see me from space if I didn't.