BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Shockrockets.

  1. #1
    Right Guy McGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,594

    Shockrockets.

    I searched and didn't find anything on this. I'm assuming someone here has read it.

    I just picked up the new printing from IDW and was wondering what any of you thought?

  2. #2
    Board Crasher Jason California's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    71,136

    Re: Shockrockets.

    Imomen art right? I remember reading the first 2 issues and liked them well enough. Can't remember much detail though.

  3. #3
    Hard Boiled Doc Randy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    The dark underbelly of injury and bureaucracy
    Posts
    10,863

    Re: Shockrockets.

    Started strong. Ended abruptly. Read like it was originally designed to be an ongoing and was switched to a miniseries.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet. That's how World War I got started." - Abraham Lincoln

    "90% of what I write is sarcasm -- the other half is bullshit."

  4. #4
    Hard Boiled Rod Nunley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX.
    Posts
    10,512

    Re: Shockrockets.

    We did a review of it on our podcast.

    http://www.geekbombast.com/?p=796

    I thought it was a whole mess of fun and the art is really great. Not a perfect book but well worth checking out. Have you finished it yet?

  5. #5
    Right Guy McGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason California
    Imomen art right? I remember reading the first 2 issues and liked them well enough. Can't remember much detail though.
    Yes. That be it.

  6. #6
    Hard Boiled Rod Nunley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX.
    Posts
    10,512

    Re: Shockrockets.

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFWNFD View Post
    Started strong. Ended abruptly. Read like it was originally designed to be an ongoing and was switched to a miniseries.
    Yeah. I believe that was the case.

  7. #7
    Right Guy McGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod Nunley
    We did a review of it on our podcast.

    http://www.geekbombast.com/?p=796

    I thought it was a whole mess of fun and the art is really great. Not a perfect book but well worth checking out. Have you finished it yet?
    No, just started. I really love how Immonens art has progressed throughout his career.

  8. #8
    Trouble Boy mikeandzod87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    963
    I just picked up the singles recently and I can't wait to read them. Kinda hoping it's like a scifi version of Arrowsmith

  9. #9
    Made hamgravy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Nashville. TN
    Posts
    5,714

    Re: Shockrockets.

    It's on my nightstand right now waiting to be opened...

  10. #10
    Right Guy McGill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,594
    Quote Originally Posted by hamgravy
    It's on my nightstand right now waiting to be opened...
    Well we'll all read it and reconvene after for the sequel of this thread.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •