Tweets are Loading...

Page 13 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Hahahahaha!

Right Guy

Re: Hahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    Wow...he's gone completely off his nut.

"TODAY'S SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT:
    The point has been made and we're moving on now.
    We've given enough time for laughing our butts off hysterically, to prove not only EVERY, SINGLE EVENT we described would happen IS HAPPENING (damn, are we good, or what? LOL), but it is doing so IN RECORD TIME! So now, we've wiped the humorous tears from under our eyes, caught our breath and are forgetting about those old negative problems from very small people, in order to put every bit of our attention back where it belongs... though we do still find it extremely difficult to remove our ear-to-ear grins and get rid of the occasional loud chuckles.
    Credibility is the key element in EVERY situation of life and especially BUSINESS. We've always proven our credibility by fulfilling every promise throughout our years, won numerous awards, given several accreditations, and even honored with many history book inductions for our credibility in professionalism. We've accomplished this with our hard work and dedication to what YOU want from us, while others AGAIN prove every detail we said they would, involving THEIR ABSENCE OF CREDIBILITY OR PROFESSIONALISM, simply out of jealousy.
    So... get ready for our first installment into RETRO LBE and the ALL NEW WLS, STARTING THIS MONTH!"

I can't believe he STILL thinks SAYING he's going to do something is the same as DOING it!
    How is ELEVEN YEARS considered "record time"??? Crap! Kevin Smith is close to beating this guy when it comes to how long it takes to print a book!

And again, HELLO J-BOLT!! I noticed you tried (and failed) to leave out the ranting and focus on the words BUSINESS and PROFESSIONALISM. But again, you started throwing words into the mix that just make you seem... what's the term.. oh, yeah... FUCKING CRAZY!

You're right. CREDIBILITY is the key element. But in BUSINESS, there are laws which also govern your decisions, and PRODUCTIVITY which helps you sell your bottom line. So I'll start this round of questions, remembering that you never actually answered my last ones, with this:

What promises did you fulfill? And how many years were there between the time you MADE the promise and the time you FULFILLED it??

I have a lot of my old history books from school, and I am able to go to the library ad Amazon.com when I order a history book. So could you please give me a list of the "many history books" that have inductions for credibility in professionalism?? What are the titles and the authors, so I can scan those pages and provide the evidence of your statements to all of the so-called "bashers'. You say they prove every detail, so let's see the other side of the argument. eh?

EXACTLY WHAT "NUMEROUS AWARDS" DID YOU WIN?? Funny how when I see a Granito make this claim they always want to make it vague. But when an Alex Ross or a Gail Simone mention it, they are able to give the details when pressed for them.

Okay, from now on, I want everyone here to call themselves award-winning. I won an award in first grade at Seymour Elementary School for best book report cover. Guess what? I'm an award-winning artist!

Notice folks, in his statement, he doesn't ACTUALLY say he'll PRODUCE anything this month, only that he'll START the next installment in the process that month. That could be as simple and non-productive as just putting a one paragraph blog saying "I started drawing the upper-left corner of the splash page. Should be done in 6 months!" And to him, that's productive.

Angie
    Award-Winning Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Stillwell View Post
    Jim Fisher, I'm still waiting to hear from you about that book order. I'll repeat it again. I'll buy 20 copies of whatever titles you manage to print within the next two months. I'll get them into local stores here in Chicago. If they sell out I will keep replacing them.

This a win-win for you. You can prove yourself and make money at the same time.

I'm waiting. All you need to do is actually do what you've been claiming you'll do for the last decade.
    I'll go you one better.

Same deal, Jim, but I'll give you a year. I will buy 20 copies of every comic you publish in the next 12 months, and personally put five copies on the shelves in four of the most prominent comics shops in Los Angeles, the shops where the movie people go: Hi De Ho, Golden Apple, Meltdown, and Comics Factory in Pasadena (the comic shop seen on South Park). If those sell out, I will buy 20 more and do it again. I will keep them in stock for a year. The shops will keep 100% of the money. You get your comics in front of the most important and famous comic book readers in the world. All you have to do is actually put out a goddamn comic book by April 5, 2012. Not an ashcan, not a promo, an actual comic book. I will sign and notarize a contract to state that.

Put up or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Artful Angie View Post
    Okay, from now on, I want everyone here to call themselves award-winning. I won an award in first grade at Seymour Elementary School for best book report cover. Guess what? I'm an award-winning artist!
    I'm a god. http://www.be-a-god.com

I was recently presented with a lifetime membership in my local archery club as a show of gratitude for the childrens' classes I run. I guess that makes me an award-winning archer. I was also named "Best in Drawing" in my high school yearbook. So I'm an award-winning artist as well. I also won a couple of Halloween costume contests, so I guess I'm an award-winning costume designer. Hey, this is easy!

I once got an academic award in high school, I still have no clue as to why.

I don't want to sound obnoxious, but I am using a few award statues as a bookholder so my videogames don't fall over and crush the world.

Who writes for awards anyway? If you're a writer, you write to write.

I don't want to sound obnoxious, but I am using a few award statues as a bookholder so my videogames don't fall over and crush the world.

I know for a fact that Scott Shaw's four Emmy awards are basically shoved into a corner of a cabinet behind a pile of boxes in his studio. You can't even see them unless you spend a half-hour moving things.

I don't try to write professionally but I'm a firm believer in "You write because you've got a story in you that wants out."

Even if you never show that story to anyone else.

Even if that story is crappy fan-fiction, it's a story in you and you want to tell it, even if you're only telling it to yourself.

If you do get a chance to put it out there and other people like it then great! But in the end I feel that people write because something inside them goes: "What if....."

If you're writing with the idea of getting rich or getting famous or getting lauded then you're writing for the wrong reasons.
    A.K.A. Lailoni Prime Vesta (courtesy of Tom Stillwell)

My blog of random and often geeky things -- Compound Geekery!

Riding the rollercoaster at Six Flags over Armageddon

Hate to sound stupid, but he keeps talking about putting out an ashcan. What is an ashcan anyway? Does he mean a bucket?

I know some people use them as an added motivator/self-esteem booster. Mine are all in boxes in my closet.

But I do notice that friends seem to regard them more highly sometimes and wonder if I shouldn't at least build rewards and completed tasks in my resume more or set up a little "motivation shrine" in my apartment. I've seen other people that have them and I feel sometimes like I'm missing out by not having one. At least photos of family or souvenirs or something.

I tend to be a "blank wall" kind of guy and I know that drives some people crazy when they come over.

Quote Originally Posted by t.c.johnson View Post
    Hate to sound stupid, but he keeps talking about putting out an ashcan. What is an ashcan anyway? Does he mean a bucket?
    An ashcan is basically published to secure copyright on the beginning of a story and, traditionally, to apply for trademarks. In the 90s, it became a marketing thing for a "proof of concept" with readers as well.

Truly old school ashcans were things like ACTION #1 with "Superwoman" pasted on the cover so that National/DC could apply for a Superwoman trademark and block anyone else out of the name. These became big collector's items and led publishers to RELEASE ashcans with things like incomplete stories or teasers.

I have an ashcan I did with artist Lou Manna (from "The Phantom" and "All-Star Squadron"; he was also one of Rich Buckler's understudies who ghosted some World's Finest issues). These days, anybody with a failed Image pitch tends to at least have an ashcan for use as a business card.