Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 151 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Hahahahaha!

Re: Hahahahaha!

No I'm not. I'm a Lightning Loonie!

I must be. I'm tempted to try making a serviceable web page out of that mess just for the challenge.

Also, the web page is really useless for one, big, HUGE reason...

He never tells people what the hell "When Lighting Strikes" is supposed to be all about!

He seems to assume that everyone remembers what his original pitch was and have been eagerly awaiting this comic for the last 20 years(!).

Which totally overlooks the fact that you've got a potential (look, I know, I know, no one really probably cares BUT I'm just talking hypothetically from a business/pitch standpoint) entire generation of comic book fans who have come to comic books never having heard of you or your comic.

Somewhere on that front page there SHOULD be a description of the comic -- what it's all about and really at least a page or so of art.

As a come-on to get people to buy this it's epic fail!

There's nothing there which explains what the comic is supposed to be about.

There's no art to give potential buyers a chance to see what they're getting into.

And the speaking to fans of twenty years gone (if there are any) actually is off-putting to potential NEW fans. It's counter-productive! It encourages insularity rather than openness.

I don't even have any business experience and even *I* know this!
    A.K.A. Lailoni Prime Vesta (courtesy of Tom Stillwell)

My blog of random and often geeky things -- Compound Geekery!

Riding the rollercoaster at Six Flags over Armageddon

Copper beat me to it. "HEY, J-BOLT! CRAZY, RIGHT-WING CONSPIRACY SITES FROM THE MID-NINETIES WANT THEIR WEB DESIGN ACUMEN BACK!"

The multicolored fonts almost gave me an epileptic seizure--and I'm not epileptic!

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    "For untold years, the GREAT Stan Lee, of Marvel Comics fame (of course), has referred to all of his Comics-going Fans & Friends as "True Believers." That Pet Name is as iconic as Stan himself, since it always made us all feel like PART of his stories and Family.
    Considering that the When Lightning Strikes Online Only Ashcan, immediately followed by WLS#0, is being released this April, I figured that it would be a great idea for MY Fans & Friends to also see themselves as being a part of my stories and Family too. And I'd like to start using that Pet Name in these first issues coming out, so that we start our Family together right from the MOMENT of the comics themselves starting.
    We all know the cutesy and clever Pet Names that we refer to our spouses, children, other Family members and Friends... and we know the Pet Names we actually like bein' called of us.
    So, how 'bout it? Help me think of just as great of a Pet Name for all of you, as Stan has for his Fans & Friends!
    Post your Pet Name ideas in the lightningboltentertainment.com Guestbook and let's see what everybody comes up with! If you can't think of any yourself, then how about commenting on everybody else's that gets suggested to help us all decide how Eternity will reveal me referring to all of you Great People as.
    So far, I've come up with "Lightning Looky-Loos" "Electric Eclectics." What do YOU think?
    J-"
    Oh my god. Mentioning Stan Lee in passing? That's like the next best thing to Stan Lee himself walking up to me and telling me to like this guy. I don't want to disappoint Stan Lee...

How about "Frightening Tykes?" Because that's what the website seems to be best at.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ritchey View Post
    Copper beat me to it. "HEY, J-BOLT! CRAZY, RIGHT-WING CONSPIRACY SITES FROM THE MID-NINETIES WANT THEIR WEB DESIGN ACUMEN BACK!"

The multicolored fonts almost gave me an epileptic seizure--and I'm not epileptic!
    A splitting headache bordering on migraine in my case, but yes I totally know what you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ritchey View Post

Electric Epileptics!

You guys are all just Lightning Lookie-loos!
    I think that would cost me what few permanent SAN points I have left ...

*flutter* AAHHHHH!!! Was that a bat?!
    *whew* Just a gaily dressed shadow with a parasol ... ... AAHHHHH!!!!

He's tan, rested and ready! Welcome back, J-Bolt! We've missed you.

For those just joining the grand adventure that is Lightning Bolt Comics, you need to be aware that this festival of crazy has been going on since about 2000. J-Bolt served as a training ground for us so that we were ready when Prick Olney first showed up, and also for Rob Granito's shenanigans. He's the grandpappy of 'em all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stressfactor View Post
    Also, the web page is really useless for one, big, HUGE reason...

He never tells people what the hell "When Lighting Strikes" is supposed to be all about!

He seems to assume that everyone remembers what his original pitch was and have been eagerly awaiting this comic for the last 20 years(!).

Which totally overlooks the fact that you've got a potential (look, I know, I know, no one really probably cares BUT I'm just talking hypothetically from a business/pitch standpoint) entire generation of comic book fans who have come to comic books never having heard of you or your comic.

Somewhere on that front page there SHOULD be a description of the comic -- what it's all about and really at least a page or so of art.

As a come-on to get people to buy this it's epic fail!

There's nothing there which explains what the comic is supposed to be about.

There's no art to give potential buyers a chance to see what they're getting into.

And the speaking to fans of twenty years gone (if there are any) actually is off-putting to potential NEW fans. It's counter-productive! It encourages insularity rather than openness.

I don't even have any business experience and even *I* know this!
    Dammit. Now you're making me fill in the blanks for his characters.
    ...maybe I'll do a write up just for giggles.

You just WISH it was a Rob Granito thing!
    Rick Olney?