Thread: What do you think of the "Important Notice ?"

What do you think of the "Important Notice ?"

Re: Hulk Green Retro mini-bust, Red Hulk mini-bust, and Mockingbird mini-bust

We want to make you aware of a change to the release dates of the Hulk Green Retro mini-bust, Red Hulk mini-bust, and Mockingbird mini-bust.

Due to the factory’s delays, we have pulled these three mini-busts and have re-assigned them to a new group. The mini-busts are not cancelled, but will be re-solicited through Diamond Previews and our website for shipping in late summer.

To be clear, we are not cancelling the pre-orders that have already been placed.

If you didn’t have an opportunity to order these pieces when they were originally offered, now’s your chance!

Thanks for your understanding and support.

It sounds like they're going to up the production run. Which I think is a good thing. I wonder if it's the fact that these are fairly popular characters, and more people want them. And/or, mini-busts are making a come back?

Re: What do you think of the "Important Notice ?"

Hard to say..

Although with the price spike in full size statues, mini busts may be more palatable a purchase for those unwilling or unable to shell out extra $$ for FS.

or

The reassignment of these items to another factory gives Bowen Designs an extra time window to score a few more orders on these pieces from customers who were on the fence.

No. Randy explained that original factories couldn't do the work. So they had to find a new one and this will cause a delay when it can be started
    "Success should never be vilified. It should be celebrated."

They're finally getting ready to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawlty View Post
    Hard to say..

Although with the price spike in full size statues, mini busts may be more palatable a purchase for those unwilling or unable to shell out extra $$ for FS.

or

The reassignment of these items to another factory gives Bowen Designs an extra time window to score a few more orders on these pieces from customers who were on the fence.
    The full size statue price hike has been hard to bear. Sometimes waiting rewards you with great deals; other times the market decides that is not to be.

Look at the price for those mini dc statues and black and whites. Overhead and prices from the decent factories are way up
    "Success should never be vilified. It should be celebrated."

I haven't looked much at DC stuff lately. The Gentle Giant items I've looked and the ones I've bought seem reasonably priced and haven't gone up much, while maintaining their quality.