BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My big project: read almost all of Marvel from 2004 on. My thoughts so far...

Re: My big project: read almost all of Marvel from 2004 on. My thoughts so far...

thanks man

GODFATHER

Re: My big project: read almost all of Marvel from 2004 on. My thoughts so far...

Quote Originally Posted by RandyOni View Post
    So far, it has been really easy to follow everything. It really isn't that hard for someone to just pick up the books and jump in.
    Well, that flies in the face of claims by people complaining about how inaccessible comics must be to new readers (without having any kind of empirical evidence).

The dark underbelly of injury and bureaucracy

Quote Originally Posted by Ryudo View Post
    Awesome!

I look forward to seeing what you think of Mighty Avengers.
    I've only read the 1st OHC so far. So I am just about to start in on Secret Invasion.

Mighty Avengers made me appreciate Bendis's writing even more than I already had. If you go back and look at Daredevil, New Avengers, and Mighty Avengers, they are all written in distinctly different styles. If I hadn't been paying attention to who wrote what, I would have been surprised if someone told me they were all written by the same person.

Mighty Avengers is so much more light hearted and colorful in tone and delivery. I don't normally like thought balloons, but they are used so well here.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet. That's how World War I got started." - Abraham Lincoln

"90% of what I write is sarcasm -- the other half is bullshit."

Right Guy

I've been reading the whole Marvel-616 line in trade form since the trades were standardized in early 2004. I'm missing pre-Disassembled Iron Man (I don't think it was ever printed) and The Prelude to House of M Excalibur trade. It's pretty fantastic to see the whole tapestry at work over such a time period. I hope you're enjoying it as much as I have been enjoying it.

This has inspired me to reread my New Avengers HCs.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elder Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    I agree with David the Mighty.
    I agree with Johan the Mighty.
    I agree with Eclipso The Mighty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    I agree with America Dave.
    Quote Originally Posted by buk was right View Post
    I hate you most of all America Dave.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/LuckyLeftyArt
    Sports and Music Pop Art by me
    http://daveloves90scomics.tumblr.com/
    -Fun covers and art from the 90's

Have you read Planet Hulk and World War Hulk yet?

Quote Originally Posted by warrenellis
    Have this man silenced before he destroys my reputation.
    Spoiler:

The dark underbelly of injury and bureaucracy

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon191 View Post
    Have you read Planet Hulk and World War Hulk yet?
    Yeah. I loved LOVED Planet Hulk. It was just a good old-fashioned sci-fi yarn. I know some people complain about how many of the themes are seen elsewhere, but great work doesn't have to be completely original... it just has to be originally derivative. That is what I like about Planet Hulk. I like how it takes all these elements of classic stories and merges them into one big self-contained epic. And the brutal ending! Wow.

So after reading Planet Hulk, I read World War Hulk. It was good, but honestly, I didn't like it as much. I liked all the stuff with Amadeus Cho and Hercules. But overall, I felt it diminished some of the power of Planet Hulk.
    "Don't believe everything you read on the internet. That's how World War I got started." - Abraham Lincoln

"90% of what I write is sarcasm -- the other half is bullshit."

While I'm not crazy about how far Tony goes during/after Civil War, post-Civil War New Avengers holds a special place in my heart. The Marvel Universe was a REALLY crazy place at that time. Yu really made that team badass, too.
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter

Good year! Got me back into comics in a big way.

Don't forget to read JMS' and JR Jr's Amazing Spider-Man!
    Follow me @Marcdachamp on Twitter