Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Be a Dick

Re: Don't Be a Dick

No, it's bigger than that.

...No pun intended.

Corrina and SK have a new (probably NSFW) theme song! It's so cute!
    "The computer's kaput, and we're drifting through space towards certain oblivion." -- Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV, Cowboy Bebop.

"Tell me that a fit fortyish woman with 25+ years of experience at sea and several decades of live bladefighting practice under her belt isn’t a threat when she runs across the deck toward you, and I’ll tell you something in return— you’re gonna die of stab wounds." - Scott Lynch

Shel has a deceptionally nice singing voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Shisho View Post
    Corrina and SK have a new (probably NSFW) theme song! It's so cute!
    I love it!

Can we have this thread in fairy lights please?

So many locked threads lately :/
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Apologies to anyone I may have offended in one of the recently closed threads. I don't wish to draw further attention to it, but apparently my statements were insensitive, misguided and likely born out of some ignorance of the issues at hand. As suggested, I had not read the rest of the thread beyond the original post or two, and I take responsibility for my words.
    "Ah, morality. The last bastion of a coward." - Col. Ives

"You are what you love, not what loves you." - Donald Kaufman
    "Deserve's got nothing to do with it." - William Munny

"Well He can shove His law up His a@$$, if just one word of it says I can't stand by my friend." - Jesse Custer

"Hey villain. You are history!" - Alan Scott

There has been a rather serious bout of brain worms attacking the posters lately.

So, let me be very clear about something. The kind of bullshit that was tolerated over and over again at the old board will not be tolerated here.

Even if you don't actually break a "rule" if you are consistently stirring up trouble or getting into arguments with other posters, the problem isn't the other posters.

We are getting very tired of locking threads.

Brain worms on toast is an underrated breakfast treat.

...or maybe just gudgy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sk716 View Post
    There has been a rather serious bout of brain worms attacking the posters lately.

So, let me be very clear about something. The kind of bullshit that was tolerated over and over again at the old board will not be tolerated here.

Even if you don't actually break a "rule" if you are consistently stirring up trouble or getting into arguments with other posters, the problem isn't the other posters.

We are getting very tired of locking threads.
    I am wondering what you mean by "stirring up trouble," because based on yesterday's locked thread it seems like trying to have an honest discussion about a difference of opinion is enough to cause trouble. There are a few posters on this board who very agressively attack and insult those who disagree with them, and it seems like the victims of those attacks are often blamed for the problems that arise. That doesn't seem very fair. Last night I made one post and was immediately told in the harshest possible way to "go away," by a poster who later described me as villainous. I certainly hope he was reprimanded in some way, like it seems so few of the most offensive posters on this board rarely are.

I won't apologize for having a different viewpoint on things than other people might, and wanting to have a clean discussion about them on a board designed for people to discuss things together, divergent opinions or no. It seems sad to me that so many people here are so quick to shout down the people they disagree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose View Post
    I am wondering what you mean by "stirring up trouble," because based on yesterday's locked thread it seems like trying to have an honest discussion about a difference of opinion is enough to cause trouble. There are a few posters on this board who very agressively attack and insult those who disagree with them, and it seems like the victims of those attacks are often blamed for the problems that arise. That doesn't seem very fair. Last night I made one post and was immediately told in the harshest possible way to "go away," by a poster who later described me as villainous. I certainly hope he was reprimanded in some way, like it seems so few of the most offensive posters on this board rarely are.

I won't apologize for having a different viewpoint on things than other people might, and wanting to have a clean discussion about them on a board designed for people to discuss things together, divergent opinions or no. It seems sad to me that so many people here are so quick to shout down the people they disagree with.
    This is stirring up trouble.

You would have done better to PM this to Corrina or I instead of openly declaring your dissatisfaction. Now, my reply to you is: There are other forums on the internet. Feel free to go hang out on them instead.