Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Be a Dick

Re: Don't Be a Dick

Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    ::takes M&Ms away from Kevin::
    The floggings will continue until morale improves. ~ anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Jason California View Post
    We have a similar rule upstairs. It seems to play out differently here though.

It is very interesting to see how different groups of individuals interpret such things.
    And different mods, being different people, also won't react exactly the same, even working under the same guidelines. I'm sure anyone who's been around YABS for a while will likely agree Shel & I aren't the same person.

Don't jump to conclusions and don't post in anger are two rules I try to follow that's always helped me as a poster.
    A Jewish seamstress in a steampunked Victorian London hires a consulting detective to solve a magical murder mystery.
    --The Curse of the Brimstone Contract by Corrina Lawson

And different mods, being different people, also won't react exactly the same, even working under the same guidelines. I'm sure anyone who's been around YABS for a while will likely agree Shel & I aren't the same person.

Don't jump to conclusions and don't post in anger are two rules I try to follow that's always helped me as a poster.
    I think I rarely do either.

Yeah, me too. Sometimes it's hard when you're just trying to say what's on your mind, and people read the wrong stuff into it, and start calling you out. I guess it's more frustrating than maddening. That's when ignore is good - just shut it off and wait until the discussion dies and adrenaline is no longer running down to the tip of your itchy submit button finger. After some time, un-ignore people, and it's amazing how peace is restored.

das

Where is this ignore button? I've been looking around for a while, and can't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobStaeger View Post
    Where is this ignore button? I've been looking around for a while, and can't find it.
    Go to user CP, and on the left side is a list for your sig, avatar, etc...and a place to manage your ignore list. I loathe using it, but sometimes you just have to in order to maintain your own sanity around here. Since most people only have brief outbursts of the crazies, I usually just avoid them when they're 'in a mood'. But sometimes you can't get away from them and you start feeling bullied, and that's when it comes in handy. (I have only used it once or twice, I see no need to make a habit of it since most people, even the pot-stirrers, have their moments of brilliance, and I never want to miss out on that. )

das

Quote Originally Posted by RobStaeger View Post
    Click on the "User CP" link at the top of the forum. Then on the left-hand side of the page, you'll see the option to "Edit Ignore List".

Edit: Oops, Das beat me to it.
    - JKC -
    Glorianna: Barbarian adventure every Friday!
    Lady Spectra & Sparky: Superhero action every Monday!

Awesome, das! Thanks!

Thanks, to you, too, JK! And now I know two people who aren't ignoring me!

Who said that ?

I hope you don't put me on ignore Rob!