BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: Getting a cell phone contract through a third party...

Kedd's Dummy Account capntightpants's Avatar

Getting a cell phone contract through a third party...

...how does that work exactly?

So I'm done with my 2-year plan on AT&T and going month-to-month. I'm currently getting a 15% discount because of a special code I added through my girlfriend who I share a Family Plan with (her company has a deal with AT&T).

I've always gotten renewals for new phones through AT&T Stores.

I've been seeing third party companies (Best Buy, WalMart, etc) offering the same phones for cheaper if you renew through them. Is there any difference doing it this way? Will the rest of my contract stay the same? Does anyone know if that discount will still apply to me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    jesus christ, people. All of you need to go to some kind of fapping etiquette class.
    Need context? Start here and read on... http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...=1#post9302486

Re: Getting a cell phone contract through a third party...

Corporate stores have less ability to offer deals. Indirect dealer will wheel and deal you better if you find the right rep. When I sold Verizon we used to give referral credits (which you are not supposed to do)and deep discounts on accessories for example. Those power chargers only cost around $5, so there is a lot room to wiggle if it is going to get you a sale on a contract.

I stopped doing it in 2007, but i don't think much has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason California View Post
    Corporate stores have less ability to offer deals. Indirect dealer will wheel and deal you better if you find the right rep. When I sold Verizon we used to give referral credits (which you are not supposed to do)and deep discounts on accessories for example. Those power chargers only cost around $5, so there is a lot room to wiggle if it is going to get you a sale on a contract.

I stopped doing it in 2007, but i don't think much has changed.
    So Jason, the contract is the same and with AT&T itself? It'll still be a contract with the dealer as if nothing has changed? It's just I would be purchasing the phone itself through an indirect store? I'll still be able to go to the same website (AT&T) to do all my bill payments, etc?
    jesus christ, people. All of you need to go to some kind of fapping etiquette class.
    Need context? Start here and read on... http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...=1#post9302486

Quote Originally Posted by capntightpants View Post
    So Jason, the contract is the same and with AT&T itself? It'll still be a contract with the dealer as if nothing has changed? It's just I would be purchasing the phone itself through an indirect store? I'll still be able to go to the same website (AT&T) to do all my bill payments, etc?

correct.

you would also want to check if they throw on their own etf on top of ATT should you cancel early.

Thanks Jason.

Rube

In the interst of full disclosure, I am an employee of AT&T.

Most of the major national retail chains are pretty safe to deal with and won't enter you in a separate contract (Best Buy, Radioshack). I'd steer clear from websites offering prices that seem too good to be true (e.g. Wirefly). Also, it's not advertised, but your local AT&T corporate store should be able to price match anything offered from national retail chains.

And renewing your contract, regardless of where you go to do so, should have no effect on the discount you're currently getting.

Feel free to let me know if you have any other questions.