Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So this Egypt thing.

So this Egypt thing.

Considering the strategic importance this country has, I don't think there's anyway to avoid talking about it. So the Egypt thing, how bad do you think it's going to get? And do you think a Military solution will be needed?

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Re: So this Egypt thing.

You know I really should search for threads before I post them.

Cori, Shel, if one of you could be so kind as to merge this or lock the thread I'd be grateful.

"You really can't ignore Bendis, especially when he shoots you in the face with a sniper rifle in Call of Duty." ~Brubaker

Trouble Boy

Our (the US of Fuckin' A) or their military? 'Cause right now it looks like their military's solution is to shoot people at random.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Our (the US of Fuckin' A) or their military? 'Cause right now it looks like their military's solution is to shoot people at random.
    Our Military, I don't think we really can't sit back on this one if things go south.

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Actually their military looks to be pretty restrained right now. The worst violence so far has come from civilians on both sides of the Mubarak issue (pro- or anti- ). Where are you seeing that they're shooting people at random?

Quote Originally Posted by Shurato2099 View Post
    Actually their military looks to be pretty restrained right now. The worst violence so far has come from civilians on both sides of the Mubarak issue (pro- or anti- ). Where are you seeing that they're shooting people at random?
    There is some evidence to indicate that the governments been influencing the pro Mubarak supporters into attacking the opposition guys.

But government-influenced civilians are not the military.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwing263 View Post
    But government-influenced civilians are not the military.
    True. I was just giving an example of the government's way of handling things.

the Pro-Mubarak protesters are just Civilian dressed Police officers.

And the egyptian Military have not shoot people for no reason.. they are there to protect the people (the military has never been fully under Mubaraks control)

Quote Originally Posted by K-DoG7p7 View Post
    the Pro-Mubarak protesters are just Civilian dressed Police officers.
    Do we have a source for that? If they were plain clothes police, I would have expected to see more guns ... not thrown rocks, bottles, Molotov cocktails, chunks of concrete, etc. Police would have access to better gear and training.