Thread: Hey Alex! I did 7 Joe Kubertlike courses at my college!

Smile Hey Alex! I did 7 Joe Kubertlike courses at my college!

Hey Alex. I remember you fron the Joe Quesada message boards. You and Bendis were a good tag team in his early Daredevils that I have. I just finished art school at my college and it was sort of a trip. Now I sort of understand it like you do from the Joe Kubert school of cartooning, and I can just draw anyway I want to now and not worry about it looking like it has no style or the right technique.

Wasn't Basic Drawing 1 and Figure Drawing like the ultimate classes? They're like the only ones that I sorta had to use in drawing out my comics as they revealed some mysteries on illustration. Basic Drawing 2 also revealed a secret mystery of inking and tracing on mylars for me that I don't think the Joe Kubert school would teach in that class but I think my teacher was just being nice about it.

I did the same courses as : Basic Drawing 1 and 2, Figure Drawing, Color Illustration 1 and 2, Methods and Materials part III, and Layouts and Design.

I should do a book like my brother says on how our school was similar to those classes but was originally sorta depressing as the teachers just said it was a painters school! Lol.

Tell me about your times there a little bit!

Teen Counsellor Alex(sadly)Maleev's Avatar

Re: Hey Alex! I did 7 Joe Kubertlike courses at my college!

Quote Originally Posted by danakindocchipi View Post
    Hey Alex. I remember you fron the Joe Quesada message boards. You and Bendis were a good tag team in his early Daredevils that I have. I just finished art school at my college and it was sort of a trip. Now I sort of understand it like you do from the Joe Kubert school of cartooning, and I can just draw anyway I want to now and not worry about it looking like it has no style or the right technique.

Wasn't Basic Drawing 1 and Figure Drawing like the ultimate classes? They're like the only ones that I sorta had to use in drawing out my comics as they revealed some mysteries on illustration. Basic Drawing 2 also revealed a secret mystery of inking and tracing on mylars for me that I don't think the Joe Kubert school would teach in that class but I think my teacher was just being nice about it.

I did the same courses as : Basic Drawing 1 and 2, Figure Drawing, Color Illustration 1 and 2, Methods and Materials part III, and Layouts and Design.

I should do a book like my brother says on how our school was similar to those classes but was originally sorta depressing as the teachers just said it was a painters school! Lol.

Tell me about your times there a little bit!
    Sparse memories, I was there only 4 months.
    "Is it fair to say that almost everyone irritates you?"
    Rachel Barile.

Thumbs up Re: Hey Alex! I did 7 Joe Kubertlike courses at my college!

Oh. They said you were an alumni from it on Wikipedia though. I can understand how you'd be there for only 4 months (it's really hard and they would make you paint). But you must have some skills from it.

I'd like to upload some photos of the artwork they made me do there and see if you know how to do any of it from there or maybe learned on your own. (I inked, figure drawings, did color theory into the point of becoming a colorist from lots of paintings, etc..)

We could talk like artists that both went to the joe kubert school for a little bit (my 7 classes is only 7 out of 30 that they teach!!!). I'm working on a comic right now and had a hard time doing 3 point perspective or birds eye view on some figures in an alleyway but it worked out. Just like many of your Daredevil scenes. The comic is kinda like that.

thanks for the reply!! (this message board area has been ripe for a while I see!) Good luck on your current project with Bendis!

Re: Hey Alex! I did 7 Joe Kubertlike courses at my college!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex(sadly)Maleev View Post
    Sparse memories, I was there only 4 months.
    Even if it was 4 months, was it a good experience for you?