Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New costume for Red Robin?

Re: New costume for Red Robin?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffy View Post
    I've always assumed the Dr. Mid-Nite resemblance was a coincidence. Did I miss where it was intentional? My memory of the original Kingdom Come story is vague these days.

I mean Batman himself is the more obvious influence.
    The two costumes are so, so similar that I can't imagine it being unintentional.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
    I forgot about that... Man I hate DC these days. The Kryptonian Nightwing came first though.
    I know, that's why I said, "original."

Quote Originally Posted by Basque View Post
    No. There were two Kryptonian Nightwings. The original that inspired Dick, then one that appeared after Dick became Batman, during the New Krypton event. He starred in Action Comics (with Flamebird) up until the current Lex Luthor story, I think.
    There have been five Kryptonian Nightwings:

Kal-El, Van-Zee, the Nightwing of legend, Kara Zor-L and Christopher Kent.

It is likely that Kal-El and Van-Zee were never Nightwing in modern continuity, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwing263 View Post
    The two costumes are so, so similar that I can't imagine it being unintentional.
    Yeah, but there's zero character connection between the two.

I mean it makes a heck of a lot more sense that Red Robin looks like Batman, right? And the original DOES. Somewhat.

The rendition of Bart in the Flash costume looks better than the one Wally is in right now too.

[IMG][/IMG]
    ANSWER MAN'S PAL
    "Your NOT getting a signal watch!" - Bob Rozakis

I like the current Costume

Thanks for posting that Impulse. That costume is a 1000 times better and even opens a small window of hope for even better costumes along the same lines. I was just typing how disappointed I am in Red Robin's look in the Damian thread.

I mean it makes a heck of a lot more sense that Red Robin looks like Batman, right? And the original DOES. Somewhat.
    I don't think he looks anything like Batman, really.

Mileage my vary.

But the combination of the featureless hood and the straps crossing his chest and the gold crest where they meet? It's too similar to Dr. Mid-Nite.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Mateo View Post
    The rendition of Bart in the Flash costume looks better than the one Wally is in right now too.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I actually liked all of the designs that they did. Well, except for Raven and Wonder Girl. They didn't seem that great. But Superboy's was AWESOME!

~*~ DISNEY PRINCESS ~*~ Slewo.O's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxdoom

I actually liked all of the designs that they did. Well, except for Raven and Wonder Girl. They didn't seem that great. But Superboy's was AWESOME!
    I liked
    Spoiler:
    Russian Darkseid
    [QUOTE=John M. Coker (Johnny C.);8992400]Slewo's right.

Oh god, I just typed the words "Slewo's right."

TWICE![/QUOTE]

Yeah. I can understand taking influence from a costume you like, but the RR suit is just TOO similar to Dr Mid-Nite.

Fair enough it wasn't really a problem at the time of KC, but with the JSA being prominent for 10 years now, I don't think it should have been used again in the first place.
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Duxdoom View Post
    I also think Aquaman would have looked a lot better had they given him the red and blue scheme he uses now as opposed to Arthur's "classic" colors.

Cass as Batwoman was also pretty uninspired. Just Bruce's outfit with the mouth sealed shut.