BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch out boys..

Re: Watch out boys..

By the way. Did you get a chance to post that sparring video?

Banned because I suck at my job DigiEmissary's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Genius J
    I wish someone would teach a "men's defense class" so I could learn something without having to spend years in a dojo repeating kata after kata.
    i don't get how people can not like kata. i love it. honestly.

though i do dislike it when i'm expected to know ones that haven't been taught to me.

Persevering Guy

Quote Originally Posted by icemanx62
    Can men take this class Goodman?
    No.

I personally feel that the idea of a women's defense class is to make women feel comfortable in a class with just women where they know they'll be learning how to defend themselves against men.

But you learn the same stuff! I think the one thing I will do in the women's class is teach the secrets that you have to be a blackbelt to learn in the regular classes. For example, many moves in kata have secret applications, but they are not taught because they are too lethal to control.

As for the sparring video, they sucked. The other guy would never attack me and he got injured, so we stopped. But I did post a clip of me kicking him in the balls (accidentally) titled "I kicked andy lee in the balls" it also has a clip of him striking me with a bamboo sword.

(in my best Bobby Hill voice) LET GO OF MY PURSE! I DON'T KNOW YOU!

King of the Hill fans need no explanation

Persevering Guy

Quote Originally Posted by DigiEmissary
    i don't get how people can not like kata. i love it. honestly.

though i do dislike it when i'm expected to know ones that haven't been taught to me.
    What kind of style do you train in?

J, kata are very useful in mastering techniques. Of course it must be supplemented with sparring and conditioning. With a good teacher, you should learn a lot by doing kata after kata, unless your style's kata's suck, which could be the case.

Good luck with the classes and I hope you get a good turn out at the dojo. Gotta find that thread now with the sparring.

Persevering Guy

Quote Originally Posted by icemanx62
    Good luck with the classes and I hope you get a good turn out at the dojo. Gotta find that thread now with the sparring.
    Thanks. The video is kinda dumb. You can't really see my punches unless you slow it down, because the other guy was in front of the camera when I hit him.

Banned because I suck at my job DigiEmissary's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goodman
    What kind of style do you train in?

J, kata are very useful in mastering techniques. Of course it must be supplemented with sparring and conditioning. With a good teacher, you should learn a lot by doing kata after kata, unless your style's kata's suck, which could be the case.
    Shotokan.

and yeah, most kata have practical applications (bunkai.) Also, most dojos teach basics, separate applications and sparring as well as kata.

Why should I beware? I don't go around attacking women. Unless they try to come between mother and me.

dfw tx (fuck you texas haters! only texans can hate it! :x)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGibson
    We still got balls. It's our own personal kryptonite dangling between our legs.

i speak from personal experience;

punching a chick in her hoo hah hurts just as much as punching a guy in the nads... i discovered this after an old friend decided it would be funny if she racked me... i dont think shell be doing that again anytime soon...