Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning For Indie Creators! - Shocker Toys/Comics, GBJR Toys

Re: Warning For Indie Creators! PLEASE Do Your OWN Research - Shocker Toys/Comics

They have terrible luck with their factories/customs/everything.

Buyers have terrible luck getting anything for their money besides endless lies.
    Love comics? Love humor? Love hot redheads (of both sexes?)
    http://thevariants.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lester C. View Post
    Matt Doc Martin has become the voice of reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrina View Post
    People should listen to Matt.
    Every tax-paying citizen deserves the right to marry the person they love. Americans who vote to deny other Americans a right they themselves enjoy should have that right taken away from them.

What do I think of you? In my head it is 10 minutes in the future and I am pissing on your corpse. Any other questions?

Re: Warning For Indie Creators! PLEASE Do Your OWN Research - Shocker Toys/Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Doc Martin View Post
    They have terrible luck with their factories/customs/everything.

Buyers have terrible luck getting anything for their money besides endless lies.
    that's what happens when you ship things from China.....PIRATES! They keep attacking ships and stealing the shocker palletes

I would advise whoever goes with this INCREDIBLY STUPID AGREEMENT to instead consider creating some characters they love and then flushing them down the toilet.

This is a terrible, terrible idea, from a company that has a very spotty history.

There's plenty of other small presses too, like BOOM!, IDW, and Oni, that would probably take you with the right idea and sell pretty well. Domains are cheap to buy these days (unlike the early days of webcomics), not to mention there's blogs, and Deviant Art. Creators don't have to be suckered into bad deals like this to get noticed these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shel Silverstein
    Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me... Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.
    My Mind's Eye

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Hansbrough View Post
    that's what happens when you ship things from China.....PIRATES! They keep attacking ships and stealing the shocker palletes
    China by way of Somalia?

Quote Originally Posted by Gail Simone View Post
    I would advise whoever goes with this INCREDIBLY STUPID AGREEMENT to instead consider creating some characters they love and then flushing them down the toilet.

This is a terrible, terrible idea, from a company that has a very spotty history.
    QFT.

Every tax-paying citizen deserves the right to marry the person they love. Americans who vote to deny other Americans a right they themselves enjoy should have that right taken away from them.

What do I think of you? In my head it is 10 minutes in the future and I am pissing on your corpse. Any other questions?

http://www.shockertoys.com/forum/vie...hp?f=78&t=3685

Some small updates.

I'm guessing Bleeding Cool ran an article on Shocker's plans?

'ForumAdmin' (which is Geoff Becket, of course) echoed this post: ''Bleeding Cool/Rich Johnston = Douchebag!''

I'll have to have a look for this tomorrow.

But anyway, we're now approaching February, and guess when all those SDCC 2010 exclusives arrived to pre-paid customers?

They haven't.

That's right.

They STILL haven't shipped their SDCC 2010 exclusives, toys that customers paid for as early as May, 2010.

It appears some may be close to shipping, but that's only 2 or 3 of the numerous exclusives people are waiting on (and while this is 2 or 3 that are nearing completion, they are all merely repaints/redecos of the same figure, so it's really only one toy they've managed to complete in almost 2 years since series 1 shipped).

So it appears that Series 2 is still a looooong way from completion.

Series 2's original shipping date? July 2008.
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Well, I found the Bleeding Cool article.

It includes a copy of the contract, which I imagine several people here will be interested in examining.

I'll have a good look at it in the morning, should be fun.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/01/...erse-contract/

EDIT: Well, a quick scan revealed this gem:

''Licensor is due no direct monetary compensation for Licensor’s characters involvement in the Indieverse. ''

Unbelievable.
    Last edited by KJ!; 01-27-2011 at 07:52 AM.
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

My heart sank when I went to Toys R Us a bit ago:

Unscrewed exists to assist artists who have been or are in danger of being ripped of by unscrupulous publishers. Assisting customers who have been defrauded by crooked vendors is a little outside our mission statement, and there are many consumer protection places that can assist them.

However, with this incredibly scummy contract offering, Shocker just became an unscrupulous publisher. Any artist who currently has a contract with Shocker and would like to terminate it should email assistance@unscrewedcomic.com and ask for help.

Now that this is stickied, I can't help but feel the title of the thread could be better.

And damn, just saw on Shocker's forum that Hack/Slash is now licensed to Shocker.

Tim Seeley is a nice guy, and Hack/Slash is a strong property. I sincerely hope he doesn't get screwed over.
    Last edited by KJ!; 01-30-2011 at 08:48 AM.