Gailsimone Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning For Indie Creators! - Shocker Toys/Comics, GBJR Toys

Re: Warning For Indie Creators! PLEASE Do Your OWN Research - Shocker Toys/Comics

Noob Poseurs always get the contracts wrong. They're always Draconian as hell, and divest the creator of ownership--paranoid as hell--when it is the creator who should rightfully be paranoid. If they aren't open to changes in the contract, fook 'em--it is not their place to be intractable--it's the creators.

Also, folks with a background in the film industry aren't often familiar with creator ownership in comics, and try to take over controlling interest. It's why I never submitted to Platinum Studios, even after having a solid way in. Not giving my 'Babies (Original Properties)' away.

Re: Warning For Indie Creators! PLEASE Do Your OWN Research - Shocker Toys/Comics

Wow. I've heard all kinds of bad buzz about them. Plus their figures don't look all that great anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Xenos View Post
    Wow. I've heard all kinds of bad buzz about them. Plus their figures don't look all that great anyway.
    I've seen better work from crack heads playing with their faeces.
    Last edited by Cam63; 11-11-2010 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Added extra snark

And it's disappointing to see that someone has already replied in the thread, offering his/her characters.

Their sig shows they've already released a 6 issue miniseries, and a prequel.

Their hard work is basically nullified now, as this deal gives Shocker the characters. Why do that when you've already done the hard work, and invested your own resources into your own comics?

You're just giving Shocker a revenue stream that they didn't have before. You're now worse off than you were, as those characters are basically off-limits to you.
    "There seems to be something in the human condition that makes people dislike people that they think are different. If we could get rid of that, it'd be a better world" - Stan Lee

Quote Originally Posted by KJ! View Post
    And it's disappointing to see that someone has already replied in the thread, offering his/her characters.

Their hard work is basically nullified now, as this deal gives Shocker the characters. Why do that when you've already done the hard work, and invested your own resources into your own comics?

You're just giving Shocker a revenue stream that they didn't have before. You're now worse off than you were, as those characters are basically off-limits to you.
    wait, who said that they offered their characters up?

Quote Originally Posted by Duxdoom View Post
    wait, who said that they offered their characters up?
    Someone in that thread he linked.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Brown View Post
    Someone in that thread he linked.
    oh, okay. I thought he meant some one in this thread. It threw me for a loop there.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ! View Post

I do hope they get some legal advice before they sign anything. I checked out their website, and their "Elemental Fources" book seems to be a pretty good piece of work. Hope they don't get screwed out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam63 View Post
    I've seen better work from crack heads playing with their faeces.
    Seen a lot of the latter have you.

Good thread here. Thanks for the warning.