BENDIS! Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask the Asian American guy (Born in America, Asian American only)

Kedd's Dummy Account capntightpants's Avatar

Re: Ask the Asian American guy (Born in America, Asian American only)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason California View Post
    capntightpants

asked for the job, I know that Albert, and schizorrabbit have just as much claim, but tightie had the gumption to ask for it. You other guys can chime in too I guess.

Question one, why don't Asians seem to like other types of Asians?
    Because each nation in Asia holds a separate key to the secret Asian kingdom. We once had a land war that separated all of us, and we know longer remember it's reasons. We only know that we refuse to share the keys to the kingdom.

Also, it's easy to tell the difference between us! Japanese have rounder faces than Koreans, can't you see?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by EasyE726 View Post
    Is it true all Asians can fly?
    Yes. We have Philippine Air. Air China. Japan Airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Defferding View Post
    Are those giant robots they are building just a sculpture, or are they actual functional robots?
    I can't answer for International Asians. As Jason said, I am Asian American. However, I can tell you, from living in Japan, that they are a regular threat on the way to class. As are ninjas and tentacle overfiends (ladies only).

Quote Originally Posted by Buk Was Right View Post
    Dude. Mechanized Americans, please.
    We have the top engineers from MIT on that. White guys are getting in the way with their loud rock music. We can't think in these conditions. More trance, please.

Quote Originally Posted by majorjoe23 View Post
    Jason is Asian? Based on photos and his love of big butts I assumed he was Hispanic.

Mind. Has. Been. Blown.
    Asians, with our small butts, are naturally attracted to large butts. We exotify the shit out of them. Jason may be Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan A. Elliott View Post
    Why is Japanese food so good?

Seriously, it's fucking awesome. I love it. What do you put in it that makes it so good!?

TELL ME DAMMIT!!!!
    Again, I am Asian-American. But I'll tell you what we put in it. FUCKIN MSG BITCHES. IN EVERYTHING. We'd MSG the shit out of your burgers if you let us in your Mel's Diners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan A. Elliott View Post

The first post, mother fucker. Did you read it!?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCD View Post
    What's up with driving?
    Asia is overpopulated. Their asses don't know how to drive.
    Asian-Americans all own modded Hondas and we kick ass. What's up with your driving? Get in the slow lane!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSparker View Post
    Why do they call it a "happy" ending if sometimes they're weeping?
    I cannot speak for newly immigrated Asian whores. But if you white guys are weeping after a "happy ending", y'all are just bitches. We get those on the regular and we pour sake on the tits while laughing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedd View Post
    jesus christ, people. All of you need to go to some kind of fapping etiquette class.
    Need context? Start here and read on... http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...=1#post9302486

Sorry I couldn't answer immediately, guys. I went to dentist to get my teeth cleaned. I asked for a happy ending. My molars came.
    jesus christ, people. All of you need to go to some kind of fapping etiquette class.
    Need context? Start here and read on... http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...=1#post9302486

Quote Originally Posted by capntightpants View Post
    modded Hondas
    I have a Civic which I haven't modded. I feel like such a traitor

Quote Originally Posted by leafinsectman View Post
    I have a Civic which I haven't modded. I feel like such a traitor
    You're in Australia. You get a pass for now. But it's only temporary and you'll need to reapply for Asianness in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason California View Post
    capntightpants

asked for the job, I know that Albert, and schizorrabbit have just as much claim, but tightie had the gumption to ask for it. You other guys can chime in too I guess.

Question one, why don't Asians seem to like other types of Asians?
    I'll answer this one more seriously, as it seems to actually be less jokey.

I think that compared to most other ethnicities in the US, Asians are still some of the most recent immigrants. This means they carry a lot of national pride from the old countries, as well as memories. There really was/is animosity and wars between certain countries (Japan vs China, Japan vs Korea, etc etc), and I think that would contribute to it.

You might also be referring to the fact that Asians really hate being clumped together as a group. And that's probably due to the above fact, plus that we don't like to think of ourselves as having the same exact values (religion, and all that), despite the fact that East and Southeast Asians look similar. I'd venture to guess it's the same reasons why some Irish and Scots don't like to be confused for each other. I also had a Nicaraguan friend who didn't like being confused for Mexican (she kinda scoffed at it). We don't mind being asked what our background is, we just don't like assumptions.

I was considering a trip to Japan, how is it there?
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    Wow - I always love how the dialogue on this board descends into someone calling someone else a racist because the high minded liberals dont like to discuss things.
    Quote Originally Posted by CPA View Post
    You are too smart for me Kedd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

Some info here.
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar...d.php?t=196829
    http://www.606studios.com/bendisboar....php?p=7033620

Quote Originally Posted by capntightpants View Post
    You might also be referring to the fact that Asians really hate being clumped together as a group.
    Never bothered me as long as people are nice and respectful about it. But that's just me, I can understand if others feel differently. Maybe I feel that way because I am a hybrid. I get confused as all sorts of different nationalities by the way. I'm half Filipino half Chinese and I look like neither. I'm like an Asian chameleon.

Awesome. I think everyone should do it at least once in their life. Really. Like the current "7 days in Japan" thread, there's a whole lot of stuff to visit. The not as urban parts have a completely different feel from cities like Ropponggi and Tokyo.

I lived in a part of Japan that was close to the city, but in the "suburbs"-ish. Even the layout of the area was something to see, with every street being extremely narrow and people not batting an eyelash when your rear view mirror nearly brushes them.

My parents still live there, actually. (To get it out of the way, I'm not Japanese. I'm Filipino. My dad was in the Navy and we were transferred there.)

Fact: If you're a Black or White American, people there find you fascinating. If you're Asian-American, most of them couldn't give a shit less.

Quote Originally Posted by leafinsectman View Post
    Never bothered me as long as people are nice and respectful about it. But that's just me, I can understand if others feel differently. Maybe I feel that way because I am a hybrid. I get confused as all sorts of different nationalities by the way. I'm half Filipino half Chinese and I look like neither. I'm like an Asian chameleon.
    Doesn't bother me so much either. Filipinos are easily confused for other nationalities. And plus, the longer your family has been in their adopted country, the less likely you care. I'm guessing you're at least 2nd generation.

I do get annoyed when someone just assumes I'm something, like "You Chinese guys all think blah blah". That kinda stuff.