johnwordballoon Tweets

Tweets are Loading...

Thread: WB ep-A Mark Millar Minute about CLINT

WB ep-A Mark Millar Minute about CLINT

Download The MP3 Here

On this edition of the show, we get a brief conversation with writer Mark Millar, who's on a whirlwind tour promoting the UK release of the Kick Ass DVD.

We discuss the debut of CLINT magazine this Thursday . A 100 page anthology of comics articles and comedy from UK stars like Jonathon Ross and Frankie Boyle, Mark compares his new venture to it’s Uk preedecessors from The Eagle and 2000AD on the comics side, to the Lad magazines of today like FHM and Maxim. We discuss the magazine's content , format, and the very bold notion of starting a new paper magazine while others are going out of business every month.

Clint will feature the UK debuts of the new comic Kick Ass 2 and Nemesis, which will still be comming out in North America through Marvel's Icon imprint. Mark explains how the two methods of distribution will work. He also teases at some future project plans on paper and in film.

Re: WB ep-A Mark Millar Minute about CLINT

Quote Originally Posted by sonnylarue View Post
    Download The MP3 Here

On this edition of the show, we get a brief conversation with writer Mark Millar, who's on a whirlwind tour promoting the UK release of the Kick Ass DVD.

We discuss the debut of CLINT magazine this Thursday . A 100 page anthology of comics articles and comedy from UK stars like Jonathon Ross and Frankie Boyle, Mark compares his new venture to it’s Uk preedecessors from The Eagle and 2000AD on the comics side, to the Lad magazines of today like FHM and Maxim. We discuss the magazine's content , format, and the very bold notion of starting a new paper magazine while others are going out of business every month.

Clint will feature the UK debuts of the new comic Kick Ass 2 and Nemesis, which will still be comming out in North America through Marvel's Icon imprint. Mark explains how the two methods of distribution will work. He also teases at some future project plans on paper and in film.
    I'm glad I pre ordered CLiNT. I'm sure Millar will have lots of exciting things to share about it.

Cool, you finally got him back for a Word Balloon episode. Thanks for this!

It's weird, I strongly dislike 90% of what the guy puts out but I always enjoy hearing interviews with him. Maybe it's just the awesome Scottish accent.

Oh blimey, I've never been particularly keen on that accent .

it's how he talks, what's he supposed to do, talk with a fake accent ?